Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How are bookings going for this year ?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
How are bookings going for this year ?
« on: April 17, 2011, 05:46:54 AM »
Hi,    Was just wondering how bookings (for owners of villas and appartments ) are going this year..............I hear some are saying its very slow ?    I thought Turkey would be 'on fire' this year, what with all the trouble elsewhere !    Very interested to hear how things are going for other renters ?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7596.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
Re: How are bookings going for this year ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
Most people seem to be experiencing a downturn in bookings this year - we are.  Amongst our friends 50% bookings is the norm.  There's still time for a late flurry but even enquiries have dried up in the last 2/3 weeks.

Maybe people who don't know Turkey think it is like the other countries in the Middle East and North Africa with real or potential for unrest.  Those of us with long associations with Turkey know it is a very stable country with a strong democratic government.

As most owners rely on the UK market for the bulk of rentals, it is equally likely that the economic climate is having the greatest effect with many people uncertain about their jobs, income and costs of living.

This might be a year for belt-tightning and fingers crossed for 2012. 

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:22:53 AM »
Very surprised at this.

Our place 'Jasmine Apartment' has been 75% booked since October last year and now only 3 weeks left.
Apart from the bookings we seem to have had at least as many if not more enquiries than previous years.

Would be interested to see other comments on this.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
Hi
I totally agree with Lynda. All three of our properties have been fully booked for ages now, give or take an odd week. In fact, we could have even let all three out two or three times over were we not already booked as we continue to receive enquiries. We have also taken a booking already for 2012. We always get very booked up very early but I could honestly say that this year has probably been the earliest.  I think location has a lot to do with it as ours are all in the Old Town and Emir, and of-course repeat guests who were delighted first time round. Hope this helps.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 06:50:41 PM »
We also have an apartment at the Emir and have been booked from 1 April until the end of the season, apart from a September week and the last 2 weeks in October. Most bookings were made before the end of last year and we also have 3 weeks booked for 2012 and as Kalkan Magic says we too could have filled some weeks many times.
I think location and reputation are important in Kalkan as well as a competative price, quite a number of our bookings have been to Kalkan before and know what they are looking for in an apartment.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 08:19:07 PM »

I was hoping you were all going to say bookings are way down this season...so I will have a peaceful and quiet August...not the busy frantic two weeks its going to be  :angel: :angel: :angel:

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »
Misty

Afraid not, we are not far from where you rent fully booked through July/August for 2011 and already have two bookings for 2012.

Interestingly two of our bookings are from people who usually stay in the centre of Kalkan but have moved out to because of the noise from the late bars/nightclubs, that appeared over the last couple of years.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 10:04:13 PM »

We needed a bigger villa this year so have taken one just by the school hopefully far enough away from the noise you mentioned..... :) :) :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 08:09:50 AM »
You will hear nothing but crickets old bean!! ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
I think money has a lot to do with it.  Our villa is expensive compared to many and requests have been fewer this year although we now have as many bookings as we will take if the one pending since last night actually comes through (only rent a few weeks / year as we live here in our villa).  But requests were fewer and bookings later than in the previous 2 years.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Wendy

• Versatile Villa Asfiya
  • EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
  • If you are lucky you can visit our villa!
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Holidays
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 05:36:55 PM »
Our Villa is full for August but thats it (apart from us visiting in May). Not much interest in the Duplex either. It can't be because of the prices as we are not expensive. It's weird because the identical Villa next door is practically full!
Maybe it's the colour of my curtains!

Offline Legionaire

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 03:19:41 PM »
I think it is all down to money and people waiting to see/feel the real effects from the budget et al.
I predict people will leave it later this year, hoping for bargain flights and accm.
I could be wrong and very often am!!!!!!!!! ;)
I woke up last night to find the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the foot of my bed. At first I was afraid.......then I was petrified

Offline Vally

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
We were booked up quite early and only have 1 week in June, 2 weeks in Sept and a week in Oct to book. We have had guests from monday this week. Some of the guests however are family so that takes up about 6 weeks.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 08:12:56 PM »
As a serial renter, can I just say we look at the availability and past guest comments and see how up to date they are. If a villa or apartment doesn't show booking activity or have up to date comments or say "new for this year", we (probably wrongly) assume there's something wrong - particularly if the price and views are good. We rented a completely unbooked apartment a few years ago, and once we got there we knew why we were the first and only guests to rent it.... its coloured our judgement ever since :(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Concerns over next year's bookings

Started by Sezkalkan on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post September 11, 2016, 07:59:23 AM
by si18665
xx
Villa owners, are you getting many bookings this year?

Started by amares on General Discussion

5 Replies
Last post June 14, 2014, 08:11:52 PM
by Cosetta
xx
2018 Bookings

Started by alantj on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post September 21, 2017, 08:05:51 PM
by MartynE
xx
2014 bookings

Started by hobbo on General Discussion

31 Replies
Last post April 14, 2014, 08:43:02 AM
by JKR

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal