Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: James Villas  (Read 3790 times)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
James Villas
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:54:49 PM »

Just been on the James Villas web site does anybody really pay those prices for a villa in Kalkan........I thought highway robbery had be outlawed now  :)  :)  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7479.0

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
Re: James Villas
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 09:03:52 AM »
Having read your post, thought I would visit the site as well - bloody hell, who are they kidding?
It just goes to show that they are catering for those who "can't be bothered" to do all the research the esteemed members of this forum carry out.  Went on to another site for a villa they featured, if one did a DIY, would save over £400, inc. airfare and transfer -  enough to put towards another visit to Kalkan!!! :o :o :o

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:23:49 PM »
......... Remember if you own a property you can list it for free with us also :)

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »
I think before you 'dis' people booking with an ATOL (Air Travel Organisers Licence)/ABTA registered company you have to realise that people will have good reason to do this.
I am sure some people are nervous of sending money to an unknown person. There is a certain amount of uncertainty and no guarantee or financial cover when you find a villa on the internet. Will the villa be properly equipt?
Whilst I am not sure what overseas service the above mentioned operator offers most of the better villa letting agents will have knowledgable sales and overseas member of staff. They are oblidged to offer you assistance in unexpected cases like illness, death or crime.
The ATOL licence will cover the customer booking a package in the case of airlines going out of business etc (examples in the last few years have been Excel, Kiss etc).
If there are any issues in result with the property not being as advertised they have a proper line of complaint. All the villas that say they are 5 mins from Kalkan, when in fact it would take a jet propelled goat to actually make the journey. No well respected tour operator would advertise anything other than facts as they are aware of the lines of retribution. I would guess that a high percetage of the people renting out these properties made their first visit to Kalkan through a tour operator, so you will understand why people are happy to pay a little more for that security.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:46:16 AM by Mercimek »

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »
As I mentioned earlier, a little research goes a long way, without paying through "the nose".  We have been independent travellers to Kalkan for years, are you saying that we are lucky not to have encountered problems?    When XL collapsed, we were in Kalkan, the villa owner (in England) called us and said not to worry, we could stay as long as we liked until our trip home was finalised.  I call that TLC!  We left on our assigned day, alas!
We were flown home by Pegasus, no extra cost, and we had booked through a flight agency!   I take issue with your phrase " all the villas say they are 5 mins from Kalkan"   I think you might incur the wrath of the villa owners, are you calling them liars?   Please do give me examples of the villa owners who have made the above statement.   I agree if one is in the Old Town, the 5 minute example is correct.     For those who would like a panoramic view, read the "small print",e.g. car advised, 15-20 mins to town on foot.   Are you saying that it is only the tour companies who know Kalkan and the rest of us are taken for idiots?

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »
I have always had far more success renting direct from the owners and found in the main they are far more honest than travel companies. In many cases they are at hand to help you with any problems, which you will never get from the larger travel companies just some rep that turns up now and again and the onesl I have delt with have been pretty useless....I think we may be a little spoilt with the EK Forum as you have the chance to get to know the owners ask other people for feeback etc  :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villas in Kalkan

Started by julie t on Introduce Yourself

14 Replies
Last post October 21, 2009, 01:35:58 PM
by julie t
xx
Villas in Kalkan

Started by julie t on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post October 19, 2009, 08:30:32 PM
by headroom
xx
Renting Villas

Started by maryjane on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 15, 2011, 07:51:20 PM
by maryjane
xx
Angelic Villas

Started by Babs on Accommodation and Hotels

23 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 06:20:17 PM
by fidimax

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal