Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Presciption Glasses  (Read 2356 times)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Presciption Glasses
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »
Has anyone ever taken their UK prescription for glasses out to Kalkan and had some made up out there, if so any good  :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7335.0
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:51:10 PM by misty »

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Presciption Glasses
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:26:17 PM »
Once had some made up from a place in Kaklan, they were rubbish, not even made to the prescription I gave (I found out when I took them into Boots) and being varifocal they weren't lined up properly either! We took a prescription for my wife to Fethiye and got some proper  specs done and saved about £150 on U.K. price. . . . .  there are, to my knowledge, NO proper opticians in Kalkan.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »

Hi Headroom....thanks for the tip maybe a trip to Fethiye is on the cards would you advise going on day one to give them at least 10 days to prepare the prescription ?? Was the choice of frames good OH will want a designer pair for sure.....

Offline headroom

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
  • Everyone smiles in the same language
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 07:28:44 PM »
I think they took about a week to make them up and there was a good choice, we used one on a corner, right hand side past market site, we did have a Turkish friend with us and thanks to him we got a knocked down price, so even on specs there is room for negotiation.

Offline mel

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:43:30 PM »
It could be Cem Optics, they are on a corner.  I have had 4 pairs of glasses from there. Very good service with no problems at all and ready in under a week.

Offline clashgour

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 12:15:09 AM »
Have used Cem optic - on one occasion they even brought the glasses to Kalkan as the owner fancied a night out - and had good results.  Now use Fethiye Optic, on a recommendation from our property manager, who have done a great job even taking me round to a nearby ophthalmologist who verified my UK prescription at no specific charge to me.  Normally even the most complex lenses are available in two to three days.  By all means haggle on the pricing but in my experience - six+ pairs over the last 20 years - you will always be offered at least a 50% reduction on UK prices.  There are plenty of designer frames to choose from the very stylish to the outrageous so take your choice!!!

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 08:19:01 AM »
My wife had a bad pair from Cem optics. We specified Pentax thin and light lenses and were assured that that was what we would get. Guess what? They just used standard thickness lenses and then told her that they didn't do Pentax! Pity that we had already paid 50% and they would not do any kind of refund. A firm to be avoided in our view.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Glasses

Started by Lynne T on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

19 Replies
Last post April 29, 2013, 01:25:08 PM
by The Engineer

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal