Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Is Kalkan full up this season  (Read 5531 times)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Is Kalkan full up this season
« on: January 28, 2011, 08:33:38 PM »
I'm starting to think that this summer season is going to be very busy...it appears that Turkey and Kalkan are the number one destination this year. Dosent suprise me as Kalkan has been featured in numerous holiday reports I have read recently and with the Euro being in the toilet could Kalkan be a victim of its own success  :) :) :)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7305.0
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:29:24 PM by misty »

Offline johnl

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Is Kalkan full up this season
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 05:31:18 PM »
I hope that Kalkan is busy for the sake of the people who work so hard making our holidays so perfect.However it is not the inexpensive holiday it once was.If you read the post office report on family holiday destinations 2010 ,out of 12 european resorts,Turkey was the 10th most expensive.A comparison of various prices had Portugal showing £68.80 and Turkey showing £115.47 .It will not stop us coming to Kalkan as we love it but  care must be taken not to push up prices too much.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:39:13 PM »
you can still find prices for all pockets...we stay in accommodation that lets us self cater....we eat out only when we feel lazy...you can get reasonable food delivered from several places .Certainly last june it was pretty quiet compared to a few years ago and bar /restaurant owners were saying so.....i believe it got busier july end /aug through flight problems and people being sent to kalkan instead of original destinations.I think many larger familys with kids will be going down the all inclusive route....as for us? one rooftop view is like the next we've been in most over the years and a walk and a beer on the harbour is a nice way to walk din dins off ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 08:39:33 PM »
Please remember to take the Post Office info with a good pinch of salt. Surveys are carried out for a purpose, in this case it was likely to have been undertaken by a PR company to make news - which it was successful at doing. Surveys and reports of this type rarely reflect reality and so shouldn't be accepted at face value.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 06:53:42 PM »
To be honest, we had no choice about going in August this year, and I'm a bit anxious after reading the reports of posters there last August (we'd already booked at this point). I'm hoping things have considerably calmed down this year and pray no other tour operator goes bust, for lots of reasons. We will expect to book restaurants, boats and get to the beach club early and I know the heat will be unbearable and play havoc with my hair, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...plus I'm expecting my water hammock to be a lifesaver ;D ;D
I still think you can have a great holiday in Kalkan on any budget and at any time of year :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 06:58:19 PM »
To be honest, we had no choice about going in August this year, and I'm a bit anxious after reading the reports of posters there last August (we'd already booked at this point). I'm hoping things have considerably calmed down this year and pray no other tour operator goes bust, for lots of reasons. We will expect to book restaurants, boats and get to the beach club early and I know the heat will be unbearable and play havoc with my hair, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else...plus I'm expecting my water hammock to be a lifesaver ;D ;D
I still think you can have a great holiday in Kalkan on any budget and at any time of year :)

Well if I see you in August I'll lend you a hat for your hair  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »
lol, Misty. Believe me, I'll need it ;D ;D

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 08:48:08 AM »
Here is another article about Kalkan in the weekend edition of the FT, mostly about property values.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/fb64a564-29a3-11e0-bb9b-00144feab49a.html

Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Resident: No
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
Thanks Cosetta :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Aug 30th: Our last full day in Kalkan

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

8 Replies
Last post August 30, 2009, 11:50:51 PM
by Roxie
xx
Kalkan Out of Season

Started by Firecat on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post September 20, 2011, 06:52:32 PM
by Em1
recycled
What is Kalkan like out of season?

Started by Hana-MarieX on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 01:52:32 PM
by Hana-MarieX
xx
Full moon party

Started by alshepuk on Politics & Debate

138 Replies
Last post September 06, 2009, 08:24:36 AM
by bryher

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal