Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Solar panel water heating system  (Read 3215 times)

Offline bodamya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Solar panel water heating system
« on: February 05, 2011, 09:14:22 PM »
Could anyone please help advise where i should try for a new upgrade solar panel hot water system, I've heard there are now models with electric heaters that can automatically kick in if there is a cloudy day?
I was wondering about looking in Fethiye or Antalya but then there's getting a good plumber to install it?
My present system is at ground level with a compresser to push up the water but i am thinking it must be better to re locate to the roof area to get better pressure?
Any suggestions or ideas would be gratefully accepted.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=7333.0
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:50:16 PM by bodamya »

Offline bodamya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Solar panel water heating system
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 08:34:59 PM »
Maybe someone knows of a local merchant they could recommend who sells and fits these water heating systems?

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:22:14 AM »
HI
PM me and I will put you in touch with who did ours! Excellent!!
Rx

Offline jfm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 05:19:59 PM »
hi roxie
is the company local who do the solar heating,interested in getting quote,any idea of cost for a appartment with 3 flats
thanks
jimmy

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:48:45 AM »
Hi Jimmy,
I have texted our rep. in Kalkan and will get back to you!
Rx

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 05:13:58 PM »
Hi Jimmy,
The company who did ours is YESILGONEN. they have done a lot of work for the Samira Group. They have a very good reputation but are based in Antalya. I think we paid 1500 lira, last year for our system. WE have noticed a considerble saving in the heating of our water only. Their number is 0090-242-2420064.
Rx

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »
There are several different configurations and types of solar heating panels and a large price difference between them.   You should ask first if you need to use it in winter.   Flat panels are very efficient in summer useless on cold ,wet or cloudy days.   The cheaper or older panels use rock wool or fibre glass newer or more expensive systems use foam.  If you have had a nice hot day in winter you would not want the water to go cold over night. (Not a problem in summer).

Modern evacuated tubes work all year round. A very modern system has a separate multi feed tank which you can feed all your heat sources into. (Boiler, solar , back boiler etc ) This means that in winter you can heat your house and your hot water.   Do you want panels with tanks on top or a pumped system with photo voltaic back up power.   How big a hot  water tank do you want.   Koctas sell Kuzeymak evacuated tube systems and there is a dealer in Kalkan.(cheapest system around 800TL from Koctas). There is a dealer in Kas that sells Baymak and offers Lara solar evacuated tube system for about 1000 lira.   There is a firm in Fethiye that has various systems on display and the extras.   Demir solar are in also in Fethiye and their trucks are somtimes seen around Kalkan.   Ser Gun are often selling outside the market and are the preferred contractors to the UN. (old style system but very cheap.

Offline bodamya

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »
Hi Howmad and thanks for your very informative reply, could i ask am i right is thinking that the new foam models hold the heated water for much longer than the old rock wool models? Is this foam inside the tank or panels? sorry i don't have a clue about these things. ???
Also what is a photo voltic back up power, is this when on a cloudy day the electric heater will come into action, and would you know what size tank or tanks i would need for a family of 10? (including inlaws etc) ::)
Finally is there a preference in your experienced mind between the mentioned systems Kuzeymat, Lara, and Dimir etc
Many thanks for your valued information.
Bodamya

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Solar water heating failure

Started by Chris S on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post March 19, 2013, 02:15:40 PM
by hobbo
xx
Solar water heating systems

Started by Brosley on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 26, 2018, 12:00:34 PM
by Brosley
xx
Rise in electricity prices/Solar water heating

Started by Christina on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post November 16, 2014, 01:17:22 PM
by Christina
xx
Underfloor Heating

Started by Lou on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post August 17, 2009, 09:37:33 PM
by Chucky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Thursday market

Views: 4213
By: Rachey
Kapsa Spring Fair