Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Problem wityh ahving Cushion made - Help required  (Read 8970 times)

Offline Cosetta

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 54
    • Share Post
    • Villa Incantata
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Problem wityh ahving Cushion made - Help required
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 07:35:03 AM »
 The small shop on the back side of the bus station does a great job and they made covers and cushions for all our outside furniture in 1 day.  They also make awnings.
Villa Incantata - http://kalkan-turkey.com

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »
Just as a reminder there is more than one Zeki shop, we didnt realise the one we went to was a Zeki shop!

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
When we returned to Kalkan in June, our wrought iron sofa cushions (on our terrace) had been shredded by cats.  On the night we arrived, we went down to see Osman.  He immediately came up to the apartment to measure up, we chose our fabric and by lunchtime the next day, he delivered them and fitted them.  We couldn't fault him on his service.  We had matching cushions made for our upright chairs too.  We were amazed at how quickly he did this for us.

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 12:32:33 PM »
After failing to make anything for us, now Osman refuses to refund us.
Absolutely livid with this company and hope that no EK er has to go through this nightmare.
Avoid like the plague and use other smaller companies who will look after their customers and charge you less.
Thank you for the PM's regarding other problems in dealing with Osman, unfortuently we are not an isolated case.

Offline Cuddles

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 08:59:47 PM »
Is there anything in Antalya province like the Allo 179 telephone line in Mugla?
Here's the link to the article on Fethiye Times site. http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/4256-alo-179--visitor-complaints-hot-line-open.html
It may be worthwhile to e-mail or ring them and see if they know anything in the Mugla governors office.
There - over there, there are.            To - Going to
Their - belongs to them.                     Too - In addition, Also
They're - Short for they are.

Pedant! me?

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 09:26:14 AM »
Good idea, does any EKers know of anything similar for the Kalkan area?

Offline amares

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »
Just thought I would warn you all to be careful using Aysel at the Bus station.   Paid her quite a lot of money (by English standards) for cushions to be made for a wrought iron sofa.  We spent almost our entire stay chasing for the order only to be fobbed off with excuses.  Eventually they were made but only fit to be thrown out, the workmanship was dreadful.  She used to be good but something has changed.  I can sew and wished I'd been patient and bought them out from England.

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 09:35:37 AM »
Note to all, when ordering anything, don't pay anything up front regardless of how well you know the person.
As every Turk thinks that all us brits are millionares, you will be ripped off sadly.

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »
We have always used the shop along Kalamar Road, right hand side as you go up, just before the Asfyia Hotel and Pashas. Sorry can't remember the name (Istanbul?) but he also has a pancake house now!
We have had curtains made for the whole apartment including an odd shaped triangular window.They all fitted perfectly and were ready in a couple of days. He also made new cushion and seat covers for all the roof terrace wrought iron furniture last year which were ready the next day and again fitted perfectly and were well made. Can't remember the cost but remember it being less than I was expecting.
He doesn't speak English and we've never had him out to measure anything just taken the measurments to him. With the furniture we just took the old covers and he took the measurements from them.

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2010, 03:18:46 PM »
Hi lynda

Yes, in our absence our complex manager went along to see him and I have to say I was impressed form the reports we got back. He came straight up to the apartment, measured up and they were delivered within 2 days, as opposed to waiting almost 4 weeks! for Osman. We will see them next week when we go. But it sounds like he did a great job. So we now have to extract our money back form Osman, that should be interesting! So if anyone witnesses a commotion I apologise in advance.

Isis

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 04:49:04 PM »
We have always used the shop along Kalamar Road, right hand side as you go up, just before the Asfyia Hotel and Pashas. Sorry can't remember the name (Istanbul?) but he also has a pancake house now!

He also alters clothes as well, we had two pairs of trousers shortened earlier this year for TL10, done while we waited.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline edisrag

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 11:57:48 AM »
Noting in Kalkan is quite John Lewis is it!
I think Osman works really hard, but he does not manage our expectations.  I have recently tried to get some covers re-done here in the UK, and even in a recession I had to wait 2 weeks before someone could actually get here to measure up, It took a further week for a quote to come through and now I have a 4 - 6 week lead time before the fabric arrives, I have had to pay 40% deposit, and  then they can be made! I am fairly certain if someone in Kalkan gave me this sort of  service , I would be disappointed as we expect things in Kalkan to be done more promptly. For me  Osman has always arrived on the day I have ever made any enquiry, he has also  done whatever he can to fulfil my expectations within the time frame I have given, or worked with our management team.  His business has grown and perhaps he has not managed the growth as well as he could, I am sure he does not set out to upset people, If he told us the truth like this is going to take 8 weeks, or this fabric is going to be discontinued we might not shop there, but he tells us all is okay and our expectations are not managed, perhaps a few government incentive training schemes might work.

Offline molly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 02:24:22 PM »
We had similar problems so in the end we had all the covers made in England from fents and filled them in Kalkan on our arrival it really was far less daunting and easier

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 06:05:01 PM »
I am sure that the increase in his business has contributed to his ability to not deliver on his promises. As for him not telling customers about lead times and fabrics being out of stock, edisrag you are absolutely right I would of gone elsewhere and saved myself time, money, phone calls from the UK, stand up arguments in the shop with threats of calling the jandarma, and sit in protest until he gave us a refund, which eventually he did. Of course we will never go back, had he been upfront we would of.  The moral of story, give a deadline to work to and only pay when the job is completed and done properly.
Isis

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
cushion boxes

Started by GARDENIA PAT on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post August 29, 2010, 07:32:41 PM
by GARDENIA PAT
xx
We made it!!!!!

Started by maddie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

31 Replies
Last post August 27, 2014, 04:03:14 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Made to measure

Started by Blue wave on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post August 04, 2012, 10:49:10 PM
by Blue wave
xx
IT MADE MY SATURDAY.

Started by Chris18648 on The Everything Else Area!

10 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 04:51:39 PM
by alantj

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal