Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Problem wityh ahving Cushion made - Help required  (Read 9025 times)

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Problem wityh ahving Cushion made - Help required
« on: July 05, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »
I was wondering if anyone can give me a name and tel number of someone who can make large chushions for a wrought iron chair as we have been badly let down by Ozman at Zeikis. He firstly made the wronge size and colour after giving him a sample (which he orginally made!!) and the measurements and now 4 weeks on he has still not re-made them. I am at the end of my pateince with this man

Any suggestions would be gratefully apreciated

Isis

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5826.0

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Problem wityh ahving Cushion made - Help required
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:40:51 AM »
Try Ayse up at the Otogar

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 11:24:03 AM »
Had a smilar experience with Zeki's over a couple of occasions. Firstly in 2006 when villa curtains were very poorly measured and they would do nothing to correct, Secondly in May of this year when they gladly took payment at the beginning of our weeks holiday for several cushions & bean bags to be made stating all would be made and delivered long before we left......they were still trying to stall us as we were waiting for our taxi to leave for the airport, arriving with half the ordered goods, all of which were sub standard knowing full well we needed to leave immediately..........luckily of us and unfortunately for Zeki's our taxi driver was Suleyman, who i am sure many of you know..... Suleyman personally took charge of the situation and his telephone conversation to them whilst we were on the way to Dalaman was a joy, although not for the person on the other end of the line i suspect....he also made sure the order was completed and delivered to Suleymans satisfaction...!!!!!

I am sure many people have had good service from Zekis and we have from time to time bought small items or had small replacements made.

It is possible they have overstretched and try to fulfill orders they really arent able to complete within the time frames given...Originally i think Zeki's were Kalkans only option in this field of work.

Just giving my personal experience here.

There are now several outlets offering the same type of service so hopefully the competition will be beneficial to all.

Regards

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 11:58:30 AM »
The new curtain shop along the Akbel Rd is very good. Next door to the Kitchen shop.
Sorry I haven't got a telephone number.
Well worth popping in to have a chat

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »
Many thanks for your replies regarding "cushion gate"

As we are now back in the UK I really need to try and find a tel number to give to to our also very stressed complex manager, who has been going down to see Ozman on a regular basis.
Regarding work load I totally agree - he seems to have completely overstretched himself and cannot cope. Instead of being honest about timings  he justs accepts your order knowing full well that he cannot deliver. Orders are being rushed  and they are not being done to the right spec or standard. I really have lost patience with him this time, we have used him over many years and yes his deadlines are usually a day ot two more than first agreed, but he has definately got worse, of course this my personal opinion

Isis

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 03:13:35 PM »
Hi just had cushions made for a wrought iron sofa earlier this year.  We used Can Mefrusat near Adda Supermarket.  He measured up and made them within a day.  We are very pleased with the work.  He was recommended by the guy who made the sofa and worked in tandem with him re measurements etc  His number is 02428447887.  I also believe Istanbul Mefrusat along Kalamar Road are very good, though can't personally recommend.  Their no is 02428443855.  Check out the business directory on KTLN - you'll find all the numbers you need!

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »
Hi
Someone mentioned Ayse up at the Otogar. We used her recently in June and had an experience just as you describe from Zeikis. We were let down several times and finally managed to pick up some cushions (not the very best quality either) in the nick of time after about 5 attempted collections. Her and her family speak extremely limited English (if any) which doesn't help communication. Our limited Turkish helped a lot but I dread to think how it would have been if we didn't speak any.
I'd be v interested to hear who you choose and how you find them.

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 03:34:58 PM »
Hi kalkan Magic

Thanks for this info - I will let you know who we go with and outcome

Isis

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 03:47:57 PM »
We also used ayse up at Otogar to make some cutains this year. We were charged what I would call english prices £130 for two 1 metre wide x 2.5 metres long plain white curtains.
When they arrived 2 days late there was a flaw in the material (quite noticable) but she would not do anything about it but tried to explain that it would get lost in the folds.
I wish I had waited and taken them out from England.
We got some beautifull large cusion covers made by the carpet man just along from the moonlight bar on the left.

M

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »
i wouldn't give any business to Ozman even if he was the last shop in Kalkan.
Absolutely the worst place for service, quality and standards i have ever seen, a total piss taker (takes your money quick enough though!) but you will never get your items that your have ordered or if you do,there are the wrong size,colour and and sewing standard crap.
I think i spent more time and calls from the UK(because he still didn't forfill the order when we were in Kalkan) than the goods were worth.
Other companies are about, please use them and keep your sanity and lower your stress levels by keeping well clear of Zeki's.

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 04:24:19 PM »
Osman and his staff have created a lot for us over the last five years and whilst not 100% perfect, we have generally been happy with the overall quality and standard of materials used.

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 04:40:03 PM »
As is usual in Turkey - if pushed leave a small deposit [ maybe 10% ]and only pay the balance when the goods you ordered arrive and are as you wanted them
If the supplier is not happy with this arrangement - go elsewhere

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »
Osman and his staff have created a lot for us over the last five years and whilst not 100% perfect,

Heard this story too many times.
You pay top money and still he can't get it right, just go elswhere , pay less and get the job done right the first time, simples.

Offline Bee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »
We have had the same problems with Zekis. Paid over £1200 for curtains. They were the wrong colour, wrong size and took about 4 months before we got them. Ended up getting rid of them and bringing some from the UK. Much cheaper and nicer. As far as cushion covers go we had some made by the man on the Akbel road just as you drive out of Kalkan. Excellent prices and as far as I know, good quality.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »
If only we knew this at the time, we had exactly the same problem waiting for cushions... it was as if they were hoping we would have to leave to catch our flight! Ended up driving to the shop at gone 10pm to "have a word"

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »
Hi
I used Osman earlier this year for some new seat and  sunbed cushions.

Firstly Osman did not turn up to measure at the allotted time, stating he could not find our location, which I found funny as it was only a couple of yards away from where he lived a couple of years back.

I was promised the cushions would be delivered the same day - but after I repeatedly chased him, I was told they were made in Antalya. I finally got the cushions two weeks after ordering.

The cushions were good when they arrived, but I would rather have just been told the truth on day one - whatever the truth was!

Em
Em

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »
On a lighter note, we arrived in Kalkan late one evening last year just after he had opened up his new showroom. We took one look at his bedroom display and, for a moment, thought a "Madam" had opened up for business!!!!!! 

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 09:22:10 PM »
Joan H - doesn't everybodys bedroom look like that ??

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 10:58:50 PM »
Well mine certainly does'nt and I am sure it would frighten your cats, if yours was like that. LOL

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 07:18:33 AM »
I am sure that our cats would loved it - they would have had it shredded in minutes !!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
cushion boxes

Started by GARDENIA PAT on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post August 29, 2010, 07:32:41 PM
by GARDENIA PAT
xx
We made it!!!!!

Started by maddie on Holiday Reports and Reviews

31 Replies
Last post August 27, 2014, 04:03:14 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
IT MADE MY SATURDAY.

Started by Chris18648 on The Everything Else Area!

10 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 04:51:39 PM
by alantj
xx
Made to measure

Started by Blue wave on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post August 04, 2012, 10:49:10 PM
by Blue wave

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal