Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: National Lottery  (Read 4150 times)

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
National Lottery
« on: October 19, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »
Please note there has been a change in the National lottery rules that will affect Residents who do the Lottery, see below

Please note that from 13th December 2010 we will be making some changes to our Terms and Conditions and Rules.

Summary of upcoming changes:

As well as being a UK or Isle of Man resident, to play National Lottery games online or by text you must be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket.

If you play by Direct Debit, you must be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when setting up your Direct Debit Account and also when making amendments to it, including buying additional tickets, or changing your numbers or payment details. As long as you only make these changes while you are physically located in the UK or Isle of Man, your tickets will be valid if you travel overseas.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make will be invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

You can view these changes by clicking
here. You will also be notified of these changes when you next sign in to your Account and will need to confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by them to continue playing National Lottery games online or by text. If you have already signed in to your Account this week and accepted the changes, there is no further action needed.

Any National Lottery games played up to and including 12th December 2010 will be subject to the current Terms and Conditions and Rules.

Kind regards

The National Lottery Customer Care Team

Joan

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6594.0

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: National Lottery
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 10:47:42 PM »
Useful info, Joan - but I was so hoping that the post was that you'd won it & wanted me to be your tonic sourcer in Kalkan!!  ;D

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 08:43:06 AM »
In todays newspaper is a report from a woman who alleges that her hubby has lost the ticket for the £113 million prize that was unclaimed...she says that after 50 years together it makes little difference..........................What absolute piffle..i bet she could strangle the living daylights out of him!!! :o ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Sally with that amount of money I could buy my own supplier but I would hire you as my G&T drinking partner.........true friends are hard to find.
And if the woman's hubby had any sense, he would have kept his mouth shut. LOL

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
 :) What a nice thing to read!
Wouldn't need any pay to be a G & T drinker with you, Joan!  Just a ticket to Kalkan, please!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 06:32:33 PM »
not sure if that couple are just trying it on....if you lose your ticket, but can pinpoint where and what time you bought the ticket, and providing it's within so many days, Camelot will pay out. Think they'd be speaking with Lottery HQ before The Sun...don't you? ::)
Last time we were in Kalkan we couldn't get the lottery website up - we'd had the "some exiting news about your ticket.." e-mail and I wanted to check...you know...in case I could move into Villa Mahal that day as a permanent resident. Phoned home eventually, from the beach using BH's blackberry (aaarrrgghh) and spent a tenner to find out we'd won a tenner >:( >:(
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 07:18:38 PM »
Awwwwww K4E how awful :( Last week while in Kalkan I was completely convinced I had won the jackpot as kept hearing that it hadn't been claimed and knew I had a couple of tickets left at home. Had such fun planning spending the money. Unfortunately when I got back and checked I did't even have a single number ::) Ah well :) the dream lives on

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »
As non-residents of Turkey,does anyone know if are we allowed to do the Turkish Lottery?
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:31:22 AM »
Seems like the lady in the paper was telling porkies...the £113 million has been claimed!!

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »
It should have been me!!!!!!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »
The lottery man always comes in the kaya when we are in Kalkan and we never buy a ticket ...just because we don't know the rules if we win (resident etc)......but he always laughs and jokes we don't understand each other but he always parts with a hug......thats Turkey! ;)

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 03:32:08 PM »
Anybody can buy (and win) a ticket in the Turkish lottery.  The prizes are huge, particularly at times such as New Year and there are far more prizes to win than in the UK lottery.

We frequently win - but so far never more than 50 lira.

Will

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 07:11:59 PM »
Thanks Will, we often see the lottery sellers around town. Where do you go to claim any winnings though?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kalkan in national magazine

Started by Honey on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post September 03, 2008, 10:46:18 AM
by misty
xx
The 3 huts ( barber, lottery & shop ) are about to be removed....HELP.

Started by onelove on Politics & Debate

10 Replies
Last post March 05, 2014, 01:54:37 PM
by DRBD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal