Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The 3 huts ( barber, lottery & shop ) are about to be removed....HELP.  (Read 11229 times)

Offline onelove

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 108
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
I don't post on EK anymore but for this I make an exception .......

The 3 huts ( above ) are about to be shut and torn down....if you really care about this very special part of Kalkan, then please go to the KTLN Facebook page and let the powers that be know how you feel, we MUST help to retain these so very charming Huts, before they are gone FOREVER...... PLEASE HELP..

Thanks

Peter.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11866.0
Latest weather report...... Large outbreaks of Efes followed by intermitent spells of vodka and tonic ;-))
www.kalamardream.com

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
will do
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Pompeyalbie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 89
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
I was planning to stop shaving in late April so I could have another lovely shave in the shack in early May, where am I to go now??? As you say these, like Fener, are part of the fabric of the old town

Offline Christina

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 43
    • Share Post
The Belediye doesn't have a great track record of insightful planning decisions. The 'irregularities' with the roadworks tender and the transformation of the conservation behind the beach into Butlins are testament to that. Their plan to remove these charming cabins demonstrates that they either don't know how residents and visitors feel, or they just don't care. It all seems part of their masterplan to systematically sanitise this unique and lovely village. I am personally dreading their redevelopment and streamlining of the harbour area as I fear the town will lose even more of its character. Maybe if the cabins can survive until April, the new Kas administration might take a different view.

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
I'll do that too Peter and nice to see you are back  :)
Let's hope they can be saved.

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
I use the Barber  a lot when I visit , The big issue in my mind is the potential loss of livelihood for those who run the businesses, as they have been there quite a while ,however , so long as appropriate re sites  can be made available so they do not lose s their livelihoods    , but lets not go too overboard ,and paranoid about  the huts as they are are quite simply huts, nothing more nothing less,  they are not an architectural feature of Kalkan , if they were removed it would not make much  difference to the overall character of Kalkan as a whole , they were not part of the original village surely and cannot be classed as heritage  in any shape or form .As regards the harbor, cannot wait for the developments to begin, about time chunks of land that have been stolen, yes stolen from the public  , who use to be able to enjoy a drink and view at the harbor before the restaurants illegally encroached and made us`pay to enjoy what should be free, BUT yes any development needs to be sympathetic to the village and where possible the architecture . any re development  needs to be managed properly . there was a great report not too long ago re the harbor project and the architects and KTLN put forward a very balanced view from all sides . all points of view personnel  views only of course, as I am not an expert on the history of kalkan ,I have some empathy for anyone whose livelihood is threatened and every one entitled to their views of course

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:58:38 PM by brian j p »

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
Re: The 3 huts ( barber, lottery & shop ) are about to be removed....HELP.
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 04:57:53 AM »
What you say is right brian j p,they are only huts but we dont actually have many architectural features in Kalkan and many people just love it for the mish mash that it is! These huts add character to the place and I for one would be sad not to see them any more.Especially as what replaces them may well just be a small open space with more scooters parked there!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Part of Kalkans charm and what has dragged us back for what this year will be 27 years is the ramshackle character and different feel to other places we have visited.I very much doubt that a council that doesn't give a second thought about it's local businesses losing trade and money at the worst time of year or about it's electorate being without power and water for long periods or indeed a safe environment to walk in would give a monkeys about what foreign people(us) think..such a shame ::)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:16:35 AM by blue lizard »
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline brian j p

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Amber  et al,  I cannot disagree about the character, so yes on second thoughts it is the ramshackle  element in some respect that make you smile and love Kalkan   I am now won over .  I also think there are lots of architectural features in the town, all those lovely houses /businesses with the wooden balconies. walking down to the harbour past all the old buildings , some beautifully renovated,  is what drew me to Kalkan ,  I simply love the place

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
are the huts still there...?

Offline DRBD

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 129
    • Share Post
Yes they are still there & OH had his hair cut at barbers this morning.  We have know Kalkan for over 20yrs now & that barbers hut was there before then so perhaps nearly a heritage site ;)

The weather here today is foul, very high winds & rain so what with the digging, the mess & mud etc Kalkan is not looking its best at the moment, certainly not paradise that's for sure. Feel very sorry for those who are living/working in the area especially today.
Age & Treachery will overcome Youth & Skill

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Topic removed

Started by Chucky on Classifieds - Wanted

0 Replies
Last post October 16, 2010, 08:54:28 PM
by Chucky
xx
Why were all the posts about Twitter removed?

Started by Cosetta on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post March 22, 2014, 03:25:01 PM
by Cosetta
exclamation
National Lottery

Started by Chucky on General Discussion

12 Replies
Last post October 22, 2010, 07:11:59 PM
by littlelin
xx
Has anyone used the hairdresser/barber at the Pirat Hotel

Started by chrissy1 on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 09:59:49 PM
by Cajaran

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Holiday cat

Views: 2662
By: saskia
The perfect view