Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler's October Holıday 2010  (Read 13634 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Antler's October Holıday 2010
« on: October 10, 2010, 06:49:24 PM »
  •     There was no one at Doncaster  Airport as we sped through on Saturday  afternoon on our way to Turkey.  Even the security guys were smiling and we headed straight for Weatherspoons,  in departures, for a large glass of draught Merlot. Even after 29 years, I still  knew how to treat a girl.

Soon, we were at 35,000 feet and Mrs A’s  mouth had dropped open in Seat 19A. Time for me to spring a surprise, I  thought.  So, I annoyed the guy next to  me (also sat there with his mouth dropped open) and went to the washroom. I  asked Mr Thomson Holidays (who, in Grimsby  speak, looked as though he had seen his own arse) if we could have a bottle of  champagne). Once he’d gotten over the shock of taking my twenty five quid, he  announced it would be chilled in 20 minutes. Obviously he was saving his humour  for his partner.

It was somewhere over Croatia that Mrs A  thanked me for the surprise and looked   into my eyes with that look I had seen so many times over our married  life. It was just as I was about to melt that she said “Make sure Mehmet trims  those long hairs
    in your nose, when he singes your ears” and  I knew once again, I was heading for paradise.

We were over the Agean when the Nicholas  Feuilatte Champagne  ran dry and I was on a role. Large Brandies and Coke – real Coke, not diet, as  my sugar level needed a lift.

It seemed almost immediately we were in  arrivals and the nice man at the Visa Desk was snapping at my ten quid note.  How does he grab so many so quickly I thought? He gave me my fingers back in  time to visit the washroom.

Outside, Mehmet was holding up the ABI Board and we whisked him to the car, as he was  complaining about how cold it was.

We headed for Kalkan at a safe speed and  Mrs A sat back and relaxed, her mouth dropping open once again. Boyzone was on  the iPOD and I sang along like a kid and I’m sure Mehmet was enjoying my  singing -  but it could have been his  flu..

We didn’t stop for a break  - Mehmet needed his bed and I needed another  brandy, so I didn’t knock it.

It was midnight  when we arrived at the Samira Garden Hotel and “JJ” invited us with a huge  smile and mentioned something about our passports. Mrs A was back in control  and sorted all that stuff out.  I stood  there, smiling, glad I had worked so hard to get us here.

Our room was on the 3rd floor  and I just dropped the bags, managed to find which door I needed to have a pee  in (I had a choice of two, and didn’t choose the wardrobe) and then headed into  the village.

The Lounge, next door, was having a Turkish  Evening and I was dying to get in there, with the belly dancer and let her rip  my shirt off and congratulate me on sticking to the Points in a Prawn diet, but  the glare on Mrs A’s face said otherwise. So I held her hand and led her down  the slope and across the Taxi Rank Car Park.

We could see the purple of Mussakka in the  distance and I felt the urge for Summer Steak. But they were long gone, as it  was nearly one A.M.. We  walked past Merkez and I saw this young lady’s face. “Joan?”. “Yes!” she said, and  we had a big hug and a chat. My fumes could have relit her fire, even if my  charisma couldn’t and so we headed for Ali Baba and some Spicy Lentil Soup.  Just what the doctor ordered, especially as Hasan recommended it came with some  Angora Red. And piles of fresh bread. Sod the diet, this was all about  recovery.

There we were at 1am, in our jeans and jackets, wanting the day to  go on for ever and with the moon shining brilliantly high above Kalkan Bay.  Hasan said there was no problem with me not having any Lira to pay the bill,  after all, I was his friend.

And I knew that was exactly why I was there. 

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6539.0

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Antler's October Holıday 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
Antler as always brilliant......... you have a way with words (and ladies!)

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:36:48 PM »
Oh Antler, you are making me so jealous - there's nothing quite like that moment when you arrive in Kalkan, bliss!

Enjoy and have a romantic week with Mrs A.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:37:23 AM »
Hey antler.....Don't forget to Stand your Ground in the market!! those 38 inch shorts won't be much different too what you paid for 36 's :angel:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 12:30:12 PM »
Antler, you're so hardcore ;D
When we arrive at midnight after a long journey - particularly when alcohol has been consumed - its straight to bed for us...after we've stopped en route for supplies (efes for BH, usually).
Well I say straight to bed, I'm so OCD I usually unpack everything and tidy up first :-[
Enjoy the rest of your stay and keep the reports coming :)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 01:56:04 PM »
Sunday started fine; well, at least it did after a Resolve. It was great having had a decent sleep with a sheet and a blanket, with the door to the balcony open, unlike our time here in July when we needed the aircon to stay cool.

The view from the top floor here in the Samira Garden Hotel is incredible. Led in bed all I can see is a couple of roofs of the Mediterranean Apartments and then the whole of Kalkan Bay beyond. The light is so crystal clear and the resort has an amazing laid back feel compared to July. I like it more.

We opened our Anniversary cards and popped next door onto the roof terrace for breakfast. This is the scary thing about staying in a hotel – you have to breakfast with other people, a very unnatural thing indeed! But Turkish breakfast was included in our £185 cost for the week for two, so we enjoyed it and of course, the lovely view.

We packed our bag full of Yildiz II photos and went down Cardiac Hill to the harbour, but she had already gone out to sea and Yildiz I was also just leaving. No worries, another day.

Most of the boats were there, empty, with their Captains encouraging you to buy. We walked on round to the beach and admired the view. A handful of people were sunbathing, reading, and the sea was rippling quietly over the pebbles. It was so peaceful, if felt like you should whisper not to spoil someone else’s day. The sea was beautiful and clear.

We walked up through the Old Town, the steepness of the hills stretching your calves  - oh, how we could not do this in the summer heat, and that is why we are here! We found our way to the Sevgi Hotel to check out where we almost stayed. It’s a quaint hotel, tucked under the D400, of course with stunning views. Very nice gentleman put out his fag and showed us to a few of the rooms, clean, basic and functional. It came up on Booking.Com as the cheapest in the resort, but we had plumped for the Samira Garden instead. The pool area is lovely and secluded and the water was thick with green algae - nowhere near as inviting as the sea.

Ali Babas seduced us in for coffee, as the chef  was in there cooking the food for the day and it smelled gorgeous. Okra and potatoes, beans and tomatoes, mushroom sauté, chicken casserole, cauliflower were all prepared and he went on making a beef dish, like I guess he does ever day, 24/7 for 6 months. We soaked up the sun as the odd couple walked by now and again. None of the summer rush. It was probably about 23C.

Mehmet was waiting outside of Mussakka for us and we went in for a chat and refreshments and booked a table for Monday night – the Romeo Balcony would do nicely this time! We chatted about the lovely food we had eaten there and realised we had not tried his signature dish, (Turkish) Mussakka. Maybe next time.

After a quick change of clothes, Adam was waiting for us to take us out to his restaurant for lunch. We’d had a few photos framed and also an “Enjoy Kalkan” posting about his restaurant that might look good on his wall.

We had to have what we had ended with in July and quickly ordered the sautéed liver to start, followed by Stuffed Aubergine. It went down very well with the Lal Rose - both bottles, as we were on a role. It was busy and Adam was smiling and reckoned we had brought him good luck.

That lunch, with that incredible view and lovely people, could have gone on forever but we returned to the Hotel late afternoon and relaxed on the balcony with the warm sunshine dropping down behind the Dionisya Hotel, just after 6pm. Time for a quick nap before Kleo’s.

John & Jules, Joan and Ray were already at Kleo’s when we arrived just after 9pm and we spent an enjoyable couple of hours in their company. Lorilou & Derek joined us too, and so the evening just got better and we topped up on the alcohol from lunchtime. The waiter brought over a large Anniversary Drink on the house – a blue Pina Colada with “A & S” written on the top, & 2 straws; a photo moment to remember.

We couldn’t resist a quick stop at Ali Babas on the way back up, as all that booze needed soaking up. Spicy Lentil Soup again hit the spot perfectly, and it was so good, I had to have 2 bowls, with my shorts beginning to lose their baggy feel.

Antler
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:08:22 PM by antler »

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 03:47:04 PM »
I have posted some pictures on the Gallery of The Antlers Anniversary Meet up at Kleo

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 06:56:46 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics Joan - looks like you had a great night celebrating Mr & Mrs A's anniversary.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »
Yes, it was lovely to meet new friends and put faces to names. Ray and I could only spend a short time with them as we flew home in the early hours, but Julie kindly drank my share of the Kleo's cocktail menu  >:D .
Continue to enjoy your holidays and send us regular updates, please.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »
Thanks for loading up the pictures, Joan. I don't look as bad as I thought I would.

Can you buy Resolve in Kalkan?  Of course, I appreciate there is another solution.

We have just got off Yildiz II and we got diverted into Cafe Leon. The Tonic came with a Vodka in it which I didn't remember ordering, but I expect it was my mistake. The music is rather good and I'm feeling "in the groove". In fact, I don't think I've ever been out of the groove since I got here.

Captain Osman invited us to dinner on Yildiz II tonight, in about 40 minutes, so I really ought to head back to the Samira Garden Hotel for a freshen up.

Or, we could have another Vodka & Tonic and walk back down the steps to Yildiz II?

Too much choice.

I must catch up on my blogs tomorrow,

Cheers

Antler

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 06:09:07 PM »
its a sign that you are having such a chilled-out, laid back stay that you haven't got time for your reports!
Just enjoy...you can fill us in on your trip whenever :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 08:17:01 AM »
  Monday started with a Resolve, quickly followed by Turkish Breakfast on the Roof Terrace. The weather was gorgeous and the sea was like a mill pond. Today was photograph- dropping-off-day and we headed out for Kalamar Bay.

First stop was at Jasmine Coiffeur but Mehmet had gone out fishing. So we left the photos and would see him later, going on up the hill past Pasha and Bar 51. Passers by (and there weren’t that many) looked so less stressed than anyone we had passed in July or August. We stopped for some water in the supermarket half way up the hill before walking on down to Café Vita.

Mustafa made us welcome and we handed over the photo frame & it took pride of place on the bar. Mr Lorilou was in there wearing dark sunglasses like me, and we had a chuckle about our previous evening together at Kleo. I must have come off worse as he had progressed to coffee - I was still on the water.

Despite Mustafa’s kind invitation to stay, we strolled on down the hill into new territory for us, eventually winding our way right along to the Kulube Hotel, where the young lads gave us brochures and invited us in to look around. After a coffee and a chat with the Boss, we wandered down to the Kulube beach and whispered as the residents relaxed in the warm sunshine. All you could hear was the water lapping against the rocks and the dozen or so residents had a little bit of paradise all to themselves.

Back out on the road, we were taking loads of photos and some local people were amused by my obsession of the over-laden pomegranate tree. Better still, behind it was a lemon tree and the autumn light gave the colour lemon a new meaning. Just as we were about to attempt the steep hill out of Kalamar Bay, the little white bus came along "Peep Peep!" The driver wound down his window and called out his destinations and I asked "Café Vita?" and he opened his automatic door.

The little white bus shot up the hill and just three TL later Mustafa helped us off and into the sanctuary of his restaurant. Waiting for us was a Café Vita T-Shirt for me and a shopping bag for Mrs A. How kind, and how I so wanted to show Mr Happy in Chillies!

King Prawn Skewers and some Kofte followed, with those famous homemade chips and it seemed inappropriate not to have a bottle of Lal as well. Whilst waiting for the famous cheesecake to arrive – only one portion and 2 forks, as we are on a diet – I slipped to the washroom and put on the crisp, white "Café Vita" T-shirt, retuning to my seat as if nothing had changed. The waiters cracked up and we celebrated with a group photo. The food was fabulous in Café Vita, the toilets probably the cleanest in Kalakan and we felt it is one of the most relaxing places to eat.

We strolled back down the hill into Kalkan, calling in to see Mr Happy at Chillies, still sporting the T shirt. He took it well, guaranteeing me a Red & Green emblazoned "Chillies" shirt next year, obviously in celebration of their new premises just over the road, next to The Lounge.

The afternoon ended with some R&R on the hotel balcony, watching the boats return in the late afternoon sunshine before a small drink in Café Zula and dinner on the Romeo balcony in Mussakka.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:19:23 AM by antler »

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »
  Dinner at Mussakka was, once again, outstanding - -and we were so well behaved. Just a bottle of Angora Red, served from the Ship’s Decanter (which I’m sure makes it go further) and lots of water.

We both shared the Mussakka-style Sea Bass Fish Cakes to start, then I had the signature dish – Mussakka like you’ve probably never had it before - and Mrs A had her favourite Summer Fillet Steak. Real, Turkish Mussakka is so much lighter than it’s Greek equivalent, and without the potatoes or béchamel sauce, gets a big tick from the Points in a Prawn Diet (as if it weren’t too late).

The chill in the air from the last 3 or 4 evenings (where I didn’t feel cold in jeans and a jumper) had now gone, and we relaxed on our Romeo balcony in about 20 degrees. The temperature this holiday has been fantastic - mid 20's -  and now we have a choice once again, we won’t be coming in July or August.

We didn’t push the boat out on Monday night – we would do that tomorrow – but made our way to bed, leaving the French doors open onto our balcony, allowing the blankets to keep us snug as the sea breeze wafted up from the harbour and we drifted off dreaming of our day on Yildiz II to follow.

Offline Evadee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 12:51:07 PM »
Great reports Antler it sounds like you have picked a good week to go.  We got back from our first trip last weekend and it's all still very fresh in my memory.  We made it out to Adam's one night based on your glowing reports and we had a wonderful meal, Adam is very hospitable, although we couldn't appreciate the views as it was pitch dark but we could imagine and it some ways it made the place more magical.
I know you will continue to have a fantastic holiday and I look forward to reading your posts, thanks for taking the time to write. 

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »
Excellent reports Antler, i had the Mussaka in Mussaka(!!) and it is really good isn't it!!
We've just come back from Calis beach and it was quite cool there in the evenings, towards
the end of the week we didn't need the A C on at bedtime. Enjoy the rest of your hols!!
Nicky

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 10:27:54 AM »
Tuesday started well good; I had a clear head for a start and wondered if this could be the beginning of a New Me? One nano second later reality struck home and I remembered I was going out on Yildiz II with Captain Osman and his wife, and I would be having one of their wonderful lunches – with a few glasses of Lal, perhaps?

When we arrived down at the harbour, Captain Osman was getting it all sorted and his wife was preparing fish for dinner – not lunch – for dinner; the fish had been caught over night and the largest one - about 2 metres long? No?  OK, it was about 15 inches – was called a Lamb Fish, with big, meaty flesh and not too many bones for those picky fish eaters like me.

Not only were we going out on the Yildiz II today, but Captain Osman had invited us to dinner on his boat this evening around 7.30pm. What a day this was going to be; and so it was. At one stage, Osman was steering the boat and fishing, his wife was cooking and fishing, and the 12 of us just soaked it all up. And when they weren’t fishing or cooking or looking after us, they were entertaining us; at one stage Zeynep was showing us some ornate embroidery she was working on. It was a work of art compared to my work of art on a laptop on the 6th floor of an office block in Grimsby and I felt humble, if not pathetic.

We did the usual trip, which was anything but usual; the mud bath, the lovely lunch, the siesta and Captain Osman even caught a kilo of fish. The weather was “autumnal”  - it tried to rain a bit, the sun fought it off and it tried to rain some more; but it didn’t matter, as for me this was always going to be the highlight of our holiday. Well, one highlight of many. Randy Crawford was on the iPod, with “One Hello” as we entered the harbour, the sun was setting and it was the end of our trip, and soon to be the end of our brief holiday:

“If you’re not afraid of what love brings,
Then endings are beginnings of beautiful things.
It’s a chance you take, a chance you’ll win
If someone’s going to find you, first you’ve gotta let them in”

I can’t believe it was only 14 months ago we said “Hello” to Turkey, and Kalkan let us in. Since then, it’s stole a piece of my heart and I’m not ashamed to say, I’m a wuss about it. And so Randy went on and made me spill over as Zeynep steered the boat into its moorings, with such ease, like she had done every day this summer.

“If you’re not afraid, of what you feel,
Then try and keep it simple, try and keep it real.
And if being real means you’ll someday say goodbye
Remember,  my friend……………….its a circle you know”……………oh, I don’t know the words were just a blur…..

But it started with “Hello”.  And today ended like no other, with a dinner of fish & salad with some friends.

Antler

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »
Oh my dear Antler - why do you make me cry readig your posts?   Not thro' pain, but pleasure.  Keep 'em coming :) :) :)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 04:22:46 PM »
  Dinner on Yildiz II on Tuesday night was superb; the home made soup was from Berzigan, the large fish from the harbour mouth and the small fish from somewhere near the mud bath beach. And all just a few hours out of the water. We chatted about Osman’s plans for the future and, oh, how I wished I could have shares in him. I put the photographs from earlier in the day on Slide Show and we all had a chuckle. Some pictures were good and Osman could use them on his web site.

We wound our way back up through the village, passing Café Leon despite the urge to go in.

Wednesday was a really enjoyable day, spent with Mr & Mrs Lorilou at their villa, not far from La Sera. The villa is gorgeous, built on 4 floors, with a view towards the sea and Kalamar Bay. A bottle of Lal on the patio by the pool was the precursor to lunch down at La Sera Café & Bar. The electricity had gone off but Ilhan explained what was and wasn’t possible from the menu. There were some lovely translations which I would have remembered had it not been for the Lal. I do remember Large Mouth Fish and below it was Larger Mouth Fish and I wondered how filling the mouth was?! Mrs A opted for "Chicken Emense" that really was quite….emense. The rest of us opted for Kofte that were translated as Mama’s Special Meat Balls. And they were special.

The sun was trying to burn the cloud off, and so back at the villa it was time for a cooling dip. This was the life. High above the villa there looked to be an eagle or similar riding the thermals. It was peace and tranquillity with just the sound of the occasional popping wine cork. Such lovely hosts! I really fancy a villa next time.

We rang Adam and asked if he could fetch us for dinner tonight and could Mr Lorilou bring his trumpet to entertain us? Of course, not a problem, and we were there for 8pm.

We shared some starters of Mushroom Saute, Stuffed Aubergine and Liver with the hint of Chilli that is my favourite. Mussaka, Lamb Shank & Lamb Chops followed and the Angora Red matched it perfectly (and very generously, my head tells me).

After dinner, we asked the other diners if they minded Mr Lorilou giving us a blast and they were more than pleased. And so he gave us a taste of his skills. What a guy! What talent! After, we took it in turns to get a sound out of the trumpet and Adam’s wife was a great sport. I only managed one note and that was similar to that of breaking wind.

Mr Lorilou finished with "Somewhere…" before Adam dropped us back into the village, with Mrs A then showing me to the room and pointing me in the direction of the bed.

A lovely day, incredible hosts and a memory that will stay with us.

Antler

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 04:55:31 PM »
Sounds like a great time.... love the reports Antler, would have been good to hear a bit of Mr LoriLou!

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »
Friday morning and the sun returns to Kalkan for our last 24hours in the resort. Quite a contrast from yesterday, when we headed up to the Market under the umbrella, calling into the Patisserie opposite The Nur Hotel to sample some of those soft cheese stuffed croissants that had just been delivered.The Market had the usual buzz, only this time we weren’t melting like we were in July. We stopped for apple tea, a couple of pancakes and paracetemol to combat Wednesday nights’ over-indulgence at Adam’s; it must have been the trumpet blowing that gave the bad head…..

A message came in from Ollie at home “Anything interesting in the Market, today?” We translated this 16-year-old-speak into “Can you get me as many Paul & Shark T-shirts, the same size as the one I’m wearing and one needs to be Race Blue like Dad’s car….” And so we found the guy on the left with the large stall – “You can look, you can try, maybe then you will buy” only now he claimed everything was half price due to his end of season sale. No mention of the new Ferarri.
TL55 lighter, we emerged with three P&Shark T-shirts (very good quality) including one for me two sizes larger than Ollie’s. That was the only purchase today, choosing to head back down the hill.

Opposite Oz Adana, we used the Internet café to post the blog, check the email and see how much space was left on the credit card. It was OK, we could afford a shave.
Mehmet was reading the paper in Jasmine, so I explained how I needed “repairing” and he advised it was “normal  - on holiday”. After the shave, the neck massage was a  real relief and it felt like a trap door had opened on my head and two bottles of Angora Red came flying back out. He then set about some knots in my shoulder blades and I felt sick in a very nice way.He washed my hair, singed my ears (much to the delight of the young girls having pedicures who couldn’t believe what they were seeing being done to this ol’ man) and I left a new man. Life was good again.

Chillies beckoned us in for lunch and the first coke didn’t touch the sides. We ate lightly, sharing a minced beef Pide and a couple of dips – of course, with the Puffy Bread.
After some R & R while the heavens opened, we met up with Mr & Mrs Lorilou at Café Leon for refreshments. The electric had been off for a few hours, so we had to have cold drinks – not a problem with an Efes; just the one. This place has really grown on us.

Dinner was at Merkez, early; nice and relaxed, simple and hit the spot perfectly, served with lots of nice vegetables and rice. I opted for a Fish Casserole, with big chunks of firm fish – delicious. There were similar thoughts about the Merkez Chicken from around the table, too.

A perfect end to the day seemed to be a night cap back at Leon, now it had stopped raining and the evening was warm and breezy. Levent’s father was putting the cushions out on the sofas and the dogs came and laid on our feet. Levent was into the 80’s music tonight and it was bringing back loads of memories of the Locarno in Bristol on a Saturday night, and taking Mrs A to Raquels upstairs for a more intimate occasion.
Then, Mr Lorilou provided the sound track from his band on the “Strictly….” Tour and Levent put it on with a nice bit of volume. Lovely stuff. I felt the Samba in me all over again and Mr Lorilou showed us the pics taken at Adam’s the night before, when we all had a go at playing his trumpet.

And soon it was nearly midnight and so we dragged ourselves away and off to bed, with the dogs walking nearly all the way home with us for company.

Antler
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:55:33 AM by antler »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Stuck for words - Kalkan October 2010

Started by lorilou on Holiday Reports and Reviews

24 Replies
Last post November 03, 2010, 10:34:55 PM
by itstime
xx
Antler's Hotel for October

Started by antler on Accommodation and Hotels

4 Replies
Last post August 16, 2010, 11:05:32 PM
by PACHSU
xx
2 bedroomed apartment required from July 8th 2010 until 24th August 2010

Started by thelippys on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post July 01, 2010, 12:01:55 PM
by thelippys
xx
may 2010

Started by seasick on Flights and Travel

11 Replies
Last post October 28, 2009, 04:59:39 PM
by fidimax

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal