Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: 5 more sleeps! or so i thought!  (Read 4240 times)

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
5 more sleeps! or so i thought!
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:20:21 PM »
well i thought all was sorted, started packing etc then look at dopey wife's passport and it runs out in less than 3 months!

there goes my easy last day here on tuesday instead a visit to passport office in london, and a £129.50 lighter on the spending money front!

gutted!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6456.0

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
Re: 5 more sleeps! or so i thought!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »
Know that feeling....We were going on a Bank Holiday Monday and I just glanced at my husband's passport on the Saturday night and realised it had expired!!!!
I ended up going on my own and my husband followed on the Wednesday after a frantic journey to Liverpool and back and then a dash to Manchester to get his flight.
My journey was not uneventful either.... flight to Dalaman was delayed for hours but because I was on my own, they put me on the flight to Bodrum and said a coach would take us to Dalaman. Of course, at Bodrum they knew nothing of this and 8 of us ended up in a convoy of taxis to Dalaman.......nightmare!!!
Hopefully your problems will be solved quickly and smoothly. Enjoy yourselves.

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 07:20:04 PM »
Seasick - thanks so much for posting - even though you were seriously fed up, you saved me!

Your post prompted me go and check our passports ... and lo & behold, mine runs out in 5 months - AGGGGGG

So, despite having one day less to potter about chucking things into a case (and taking them out again) I now will travel wioth a valid passport - thanks to you!

So, if you happen to post where you will be after next Monday 4th, we will do what we can to find you (that is if you want to be found) :) as we would like to thank you with a drink!

Today, you are my hero.
Phew!
Lori

if you can walk you can dance

Offline Em1

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 07:29:36 PM »
Hi
4 sleeps for us, and our passports are valid  ;D
Em
Em

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »
lorilou

the wife and i are in yali bar (i think thats what its called) past moonlight most evenings, we are there from wednesday until saturday 9th october!
glad i could help!

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:02:16 AM »
lorilou

the wife and i are in yali bar (i think thats what its called) past moonlight most evenings, we are there from wednesday until saturday 9th october!
glad i could help!

Great seasick... we'll look forward to meeting you, and saying thanks in person!

Appointment for a fast track passport tomorrow. Hopefully they wont think my "appearance has altered considerably from the photograph on my previous passport".
:)
Have  safe journey Wednesday.

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 12:37:26 PM »
Let me tell you my passport story.
I was travelling at easter time this year with my family.   The day before i was travelling a friend mentioned about her brother who had travelled to turkey the year before had to renew his passport because he had about 3 months before expiry. 
Well it was april and my passport expired in august.   Needless to say i thought what do i do!!!  I telephoned the passport office - doom and gloom - i would need to renew it before travelling to turkey as there was the possibility that i would be turned straight back when i arrived at dalaman.   So the alternatives were Liverpool the following day - I live in Surrey.!!  Or keep phoning the london office up till midnight when i might possibly get a cancellation for the next morning. I was given a slot in liverpool just in case i decided to take myself there (the cost and journey was going through my mind at that time) and then checking on flights - none from manchester the following day being the easter weekend.   So i kept calling the London passport office for a cancelled slot - no luck.   The only slots they had was for the wednesday after easter - and naturally no flights to be had at that time.  By this time I was really really worried.  I decided to do some 'googling' and came up with a few positive stories.   
So I decided that I would just have to chance my luck - i did not really have much option.   So the following morning we all set off for gatwick - check in ok -passport check ok - boarded plan ok.   But i was still worried about being sent straight back from dalaman.  Not the calmest of journeys.
We queued for our visas and i just wanted it over - either i entered turkey or was back on the next plane out.   I was beginning to feel very cold by this time.  Passport control one look - to check if i had paid my visa!! - a friendly chat with my daughter which seemed to take an hours and i was through passport control into turkey.   Did i feel better!
All i will say i wish i had not listened to my friends story!!
The irony of this was that we had to have another week at the villa because of the ash cloud.   So i was given a small gift for all my worrying.
I'm sure I will get comments on this but i can only tell you my story as it was.

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 02:56:06 PM »
Hi again Pauline - you're a braver woman than I!

Glad it worked out for you ... taking my less able to deal with rejection self to the passport office - at least it's only an hour away ...

You still singing?
;)
Lori

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 05:22:37 PM »
hi lorilou
i really did not have much choice - either go or stay as it was the night before my flight - so i was so pleased i did take the risk.   Yes still singing - but usually the summer i don't do anything - as away quite a bit - so will be back having lessons for the winter.  talk soon and maybe see you - i'm there end of october (25th) are you around? pauline

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 05:45:23 PM »
lorilou

what times is your passprt appointment (mine is 10.15am) on tuesday too! on a 05.30 coach from winchester!!!!

i'm paul my wife is sue, me slightly balding, her slim and blonde both in mid thirties so if you "bump" into anyone at yali bar of that description of an evening  it may well be us!
x

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »
HI Seasick
my appointment is at High Noon! Nothing like your journey ... I'm so stressed right now that would finish me off! lets hope by this time tomorrow we are both 'proper' people!

We'll look out for you in Yali - me, Lori (Lorraine), husband Derek, both seen the last of thirty, both a bit tubby (as we don't have Antler's resolve or gift for counting the number of points in a prawn ...) Derek you cant miss, smiley face, slightly balding, glasses. Me blonde, fringe. Hope to see you there!

Hi Pauline - great you're still singing! We'll miss you this time round, (going earlier this year), but hope you have a great holiday...

All the best
Lori

Offline Michael

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »
Let me tell you my passport story.
I was travelling at easter time this year with my family.   The day before i was travelling a friend mentioned about her brother who had travelled to turkey the year before had to renew his passport because he had about 3 months before expiry. 
Well it was april and my passport expired in august.   Needless to say i thought what do i do!!!  I telephoned the passport office - doom and gloom - i would need to renew it before travelling to turkey as there was the possibility that i would be turned straight back when i arrived at dalaman.   So the alternatives were Liverpool the following day - I live in Surrey.!!  Or keep phoning the london office up till midnight when i might possibly get a cancellation for the next morning. I was given a slot in liverpool just in case i decided to take myself there (the cost and journey was going through my mind at that time) and then checking on flights - none from manchester the following day being the easter weekend.   So i kept calling the London passport office for a cancelled slot - no luck.   The only slots they had was for the wednesday after easter - and naturally no flights to be had at that time.  By this time I was really really worried.  I decided to do some 'googling' and came up with a few positive stories.   
So I decided that I would just have to chance my luck - i did not really have much option.   So the following morning we all set off for gatwick - check in ok -passport check ok - boarded plan ok.   But i was still worried about being sent straight back from dalaman.  Not the calmest of journeys.
We queued for our visas and i just wanted it over - either i entered turkey or was back on the next plane out.   I was beginning to feel very cold by this time.  Passport control one look - to check if i had paid my visa!! - a friendly chat with my daughter which seemed to take an hours and i was through passport control into turkey.   Did i feel better!
All i will say i wish i had not listened to my friends story!!
The irony of this was that we had to have another week at the villa because of the ash cloud.   So i was given a small gift for all my worrying.
I'm sure I will get comments on this but i can only tell you my story as it was.

Cool cookie, i think you deserved the ash cloud, another chance to eat at the Fez lol

Offline Michael

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »
I take it from these posts that 6 months is the minimum you should have on your passport for Turkey? i suppose if you do have less you might get a smile from the visa check in staff lol.

Depressed after a yummmy week of kalkan Restaurants >:(

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 07:15:21 PM »
I take it from these posts that 6 months is the minimum you should have on your passport for Turkey? i suppose if you do have less you might get a smile from the visa check in staff lol.

Michael i have waited a whole year for this ... simply not an option to risk it ... and I was getting to the point of a sense of humour by pass... :'( but now - am holder of passport with plenty of life! :angel:
hurrah!

Seasick - Was your mission was a success? Took me 8 hours total and my passport office is only 25 miles away. So I hope your day was not too brain numbingly boring and that you are now a happy traveler, on your way to the airport I expect!.
 :D

Offline Michael

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 09:06:29 AM »

Michael i have waited a whole year for this ... simply not an option to risk it ... and I was getting to the point of a sense of humour by pass... :'( but now - am holder of passport with plenty of life! :angel:
hurrah!

Seasick - Was your mission was a success? Took me 8 hours total and my passport office is only 25 miles away. So I hope your day was not too brain numbingly boring and that you are now a happy traveler, on your way to the airport I expect!.
 :D

I think as soon as you see those blue metal bench seats in the passport office full of people and one window being hosted by a yawning civil servant working slower than a three toad sloath, its enough to drain
anyone's humour.

Leaving Dalaman last monday as it started to rain did raise a wicked smile on my face tho >:D

Offline bassett

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 11:03:19 AM »
was no rain in kalkan though!  >:D

Offline seasick

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »
yes a success lorilou

in yali bar right now!

hope you have a good one!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

cheesy
Thought of the Day

Started by Chucky on The Everything Else Area!

26 Replies
Last post November 12, 2008, 05:18:39 PM
by yelkenite
recycled
just thought I'd make you all jealous!

Started by the_hooded_claw on General Discussion

11 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 01:45:26 PM
by clara48
xx
What we thought of the restaurants this year................

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post October 02, 2011, 09:05:13 AM
by pw
xx
Only three more sleeps...

Started by MartynE on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post September 06, 2011, 07:00:30 PM
by kalkanchris

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

70s night

Views: 4050
By: jinfizzz
A familiar site.JPG