Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Airport  (Read 5729 times)

Offline Kalkan-Fan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Airport
« on: September 24, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
I know this is a kalkan forum and I may have missed other reports about it but iv just arrived home and I feel there should be a half page flashing warning on here about the prices being charged in dalaman airport. 25tl for a small insignificant coffee is an absolute disgrace. It spoiled my holiday somewhat when I got no change from 50tl.
I won't rant on about it too much but when u r witness to a barman actually chasing a customer who walked away in disgust at 38tl for 2 beers and forcing him to pay for them because they had been poured is morally reprehensible.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6451.0

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Airport
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 09:30:59 PM »
Ah Kalkan Fan you've found out the hard way :( Never, ever, ever,ever, been tempted to buy anything at Dalaman airport. Utter rip off doesn't even begin to describe it. Always amazed though to see whole families tucking in to McDonalds et al and wonder "why why why" Even more difficult now that they take any liquids off you before going through passport control but I would honestly die of hunger/thirst before I would give in to the complete extortion that seems to be the norm at Dalaman. Only by refusing to be held hostage to these prices will anything change and judging by the hoards of people I witness munching on burgers and pizza the prices won't come down anytime soon >:(

Offline Kalkan-Fan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 09:53:39 PM »
i am absolutely gobsmacked.  a young mother was charged 10tl for a tiny bottle of juice for her daughter.  surely something can be done about this, i would happily lead a campaign of protest outside the airport if i didnt think i would be arrested. i remember going into that bar last year but i cant remember paying prices like that.   next year im going with a catherter bag attached to my leg with apple juice in it.

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:58:59 PM »
What ever happened to the inernet based petition to the Mugla Governor that was doing the rounds about a year ago?

Offline Kalkan-Fan

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 10:01:32 PM »
point me in the right direction for it and i will do anything i can to spearhead it.  i am looking to buy property in Kalkan so plan to be a regular and i would happily get involved in this.

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 08:15:11 AM »
the petition was widely reported by EK and KTLN websites,mayby they can shed some light on this

Offline Cheesecake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 09:11:12 AM »
Ah kalkan-fan, you will learn about Turkey quickly enough.
People who've been here for a while will tell you about the huge price increases, where they can get away with it, it's not just the airport,
 and if you're planning to buy a place in Turkey, that's another bundle of laughs!!
 Good luck

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »
I believe that the company that built the airport, ATM, have been given 10 years to recoup the costs before it gets turned over to the Government. Their way of doing this is the sky high charges, which has resulted in most people not buying anything and most of the food outlets closing. We warn all our guests not to buy there.

Offline Michael

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 05:29:12 PM »
I see it as a lesser of two evils really, having spent 8 hours at an airport in crete where there is sweet FA Dalaman is a better option, at least the food is there.

We got caught last year and came prepared, maybe we should do the same, and charge 10 quid for a visa as well.

The look we got from the trolley guy when we turned him down and carried all our cases was cool though :)

Offline Tomcat

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 11:10:39 AM »
No respite from the high prices either if you are travelling with Onur Air.  Last year they were charging 5 Euros for a small can of beer.  People were ordering and then giving them back once they found out the price!  Like others we refuse to buy anything at Dalaman and always take a pack up.  Just feel sorry for parents with small children as I think they have very little choice, particularly so if their flight is delayed.

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 06:47:06 PM »

The look we got from the trolley guy when we turned him down and carried all our cases was cool though :)

The trolley guy!  :o Oh god!  He smartly drifted our cases direct to the correct check in desk a matter of yards from the entrance and when I asked how much, with three pound coins in my hand, he shrugged and said 'five pounds'.  My mother paid him the fiver (through gritted teeth and a clenched fist) and then he turned to me, pointed to my three pound coins and said 'tip'  ::)   I could have decked the obnoxious little squit as it was plain he meant all three of them.   And no, he did not get my three shiny coins.  He might have got one if he hadn't asked but as it panned out he got zip.
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »
Pah!! tip?...yes!.... don't eat yellow snow!!  bloomin cheek!! >:(
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline maryjane

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 07:53:14 PM »
Eat, drink and make merry BEFORE the dreaded airport!!!   At least the loo's are free (at the moment!!!) >:D >:D

Offline Michael

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »
Lol, good for you, your post made me chuckle.........squit ;D

The trolley guy!  :o Oh god!  He smartly drifted our cases direct to the correct check in desk a matter of yards from the entrance and when I asked how much, with three pound coins in my hand, he shrugged and said 'five pounds'.  My mother paid him the fiver (through gritted teeth and a clenched fist) and then he turned to me, pointed to my three pound coins and said 'tip'  ::)   I could have decked the obnoxious little squit as it was plain he meant all three of them.   And no, he did not get my three shiny coins.  He might have got one if he hadn't asked but as it panned out he got zip.

Offline Em

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
I agree with Kalkan-Fan, the shock of inflated prices at the airport can spoil the end of your holiday.
In the information pack we send to our guests, details re the airpot prices are highlighted in BOLD with a recommend to take a few sarnies.

Offline chillout

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 03:30:36 PM »
Hi,

5 TL for a beer? Not bad. It cost me that last night for the smallest bootle of water at the nightmare that is Dalaman.

chillout

Offline baclava

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
    • The Olive Grove
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 04:38:40 PM »
The reference was 5 euros for a beer airside.

Offline chillout

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 05:40:37 PM »
Oops!

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »
I seem to remember Antalya being even worse than Dalaman, although we've not been there for about 5 years.  It was about £4 for a tiny bottle of water (a 300ml one) when we were last there.

Offline Nick

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 02:04:50 PM »

We got caught last year and came prepared, maybe we should do the same, and charge 10 quid for a visa as well.

:)

If I remember correctly, the UK charges Turkish nationals £68 for a visa and top it off with a great deal more red tape to get past too!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New Airport

Started by philb1963 on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post July 31, 2010, 08:54:31 PM
by philb1963
xx
Airport Fee

Started by misty on General Discussion

7 Replies
Last post February 27, 2011, 12:07:31 PM
by misty
xx
Airport Parking

Started by Pebble on Flights and Travel

0 Replies
Last post January 07, 2008, 04:35:43 PM
by Pebble
xx
antalya airport

Started by martin danielle on Flights and Travel

5 Replies
Last post June 30, 2010, 08:27:58 AM
by The Engineer

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal