Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Likya Vineyard  (Read 7545 times)

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Likya Vineyard
« on: September 14, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »
We went to Elmali yesterday to market day and wanted to include a visit to Seki to check out the ski resort.....Leaving Elmali by the Fethiye road we came across The Likya Vineyard...We stopped and though they're extending the premises, Burak and his staff made us very welcome. We had a swift tour round the vineyard and sampled a few of the exquisite wines.......They have been open for 2 years and already have 16 medals including a gold........We came away with a few bottles  ;)  and next time we're in that area will be revisiting.... :) .......  Website www.likyawine.com.  Burak will make you all very welcome........
Elmali is about 1 and half hours drive from Kalkan by car and the vineyard is about 10 minutes drive out of Elmali.....

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6396.0

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
    • space sense
  • Owner: No
Re: Likya Vineyard
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 02:31:01 PM »
Hi Tiamaria - What a great find.
And decent wine as well!

My do list is so long this time that I'll barely be able to catch my breath if I do half the things on it ... but that sounds like a jolly good day out.

Also - I wonder if they sell the wine in any of the shops around Kalkan?

Thanks!
L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 03:33:43 PM »
Sounds very interesting

Can you tell me what the drive is like, as I am not a great fan of scary mountain roads, also the market at Elmali

Isis

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
I've just seen on their website that the wines are available to buy on line in the UK - so they may well be available in the supermarkets in Kalkan ... good range, too. 

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 10:14:17 PM »
the Likya wines are not available in any shops around this area, it is not produced on that large a scale. It is being marketed towards 5 star establishments generally, though i do know that Kurus on the Kas road have it on their wine list.
Compared to Angora/Lal it retails around 2.5 times the price, but is about 10 times better!

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 09:57:14 AM »
Thanks kalkankiki -  I saw on the UK webiste that it's available in large 5* hotel chains - and the bottle price to buy off their website is over £10. Which is about right for a quality bottle but not generally what I'd choose to pay fro my own consumption - fine for a pressie or to serve to friends with, shall we say a more educated palette!

Worth a visit to the vineyard though!

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 10:04:40 PM »
Hi All Sorry for not repling earlier, problem with the internet
First the market is on a Monday and very cheap..we always go the Bezigan rd through Sutlegen and into Elmali. It's over the mountains, I think the only bad bit is just before Bezigan and I wouldn't like to drive after dark. I think you can get other ways but not sure. (It's the mountain rd to Antalya) Elmali is a very old Turkish town and very intersting, not very westernised and they have proper Turkish delight, also the ice cream is very good..................... :)   
The Vineyard doesn't supply to any one in Kalkan due to an agreement the restaurant's have with another wine supplier...............shame....
The wine prices start at 20 lira yes a bit expensive but very nice....saying all that please don't be put off with the prices It's well worth a visit even whilst they are renovating their premises........the country side the wine grooves are set in, is absolutely beautiful. We came back along the Fethiya road, heading toward Seki, which is very high and a little scary but wow the views.(Not far from Seki is the skiing resort) once we got onto the D400 the roads are mostly duel carrageway still with fantastic sceneria....When you get to the traffic lights to go ahead for Fethiye, turn left and your on the home run back to Kalkan........... 

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2010, 01:54:50 PM »
When we were over a few weeks ago, we saw a wine bar/restaurant that we hadn't noticed before and they were selling Turkish wines that they told us were made about an hour away but I dont know if it's the same wine?

It was in the lane past Vessila and Brako, up on the right hand side towards the Eden Lounge. and looked really nice and the guy we spoke to seemed to really know his stuff but we didn't try it as it was near the end of our holiday and we didn't have time, but we will definately try next time.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »
We're going into Kalkan tonight I'll have a look to see if I can find it and let you know. It will be interesting to see if they sell Likya wines and at what price.......

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
La Rosa ıs a wıne House along from Vessıla and Brako ın the town - ıt has a varıety of turkısh wınes and free wne tastıngs  (cant tell you what ıts lıke - I dont drınk!!)

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »
Hi Amber,
Yes it is La Rosa we spoke to the guy from there last night..No he doesn't have Likya wines though, the local wine he sell's is from Fethiye and Denizli (think that's spelt right) sorry if it's not.........The Fethiye wine is from a small place owned by a doctor he didn't say to much about the other one, other then it's 2 hours away if he drives that is....Also invited us back any time for a free tasting............He said that one of the Likya wines was a blending of 3 different grapes so not a true Turkish wine.... which i thought was strange, because all the different grapes are grown on the hillside in Elmali.  He did say that one wine he doesn't sell is Angora, mainly due to how acid it is............I so agree with him it's aweful. sorry to all Angora lovers but that's my taste and opinion 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Asfiya/Likya

Started by marmitegirl on General Discussion

16 Replies
Last post February 03, 2011, 11:58:12 AM
by Denners
xx
Likya Residence & Spa

Started by kalkan4eva on Accommodation and Hotels

23 Replies
Last post May 29, 2009, 03:07:37 PM
by onelove
xx
Likya Evleri

Started by pw on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post February 27, 2011, 02:38:33 PM
by Anne
xx
Likya Retreat

Started by JayneyG on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post February 12, 2010, 11:58:27 AM
by JayneyG

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bodrum

Views: 3301
By: blondie
Leaving the harbour