Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Saklikent, Bus or Tour?  (Read 7001 times)

Offline Lindy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Saklikent, Bus or Tour?
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:13:36 AM »
Hi all,
Hoping to get to Saklikent when we visit mid September, what is the best way to get there and any other details of journey time and cost would be helpful.
By the way we have booked Yildiz 1 with captain Osman for one of our days, he was very quick to reply and very helpful.
Im not very technical but hopefully will be able to give some reports while we are there if Rich gets the gadgets working!  ???
bye for now Lindy

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6229.0

Offline Lindy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Saklikent, Bus or Tour?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 01:36:02 PM »
Hi all,
I posted my question a few days ago and had no reply  ??? I'm quite new to this site and wonder if its been asked a lot previously and thats why I didn't get a response. I will still post some updates while we are there (GOING 2 WEEKS TODAY) also going to look for a 2 bedroomed villa to rent this time next year, as our friends are sulking that they aren't coming with us this time

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »
Hi Lindy,
I f you use the search facility on the toolbar at the top of the thread and put in "Saklikent", lots of posts will come up by people who have visited with either Tour companies and/or do-it-yourself. 

Offline Lindy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 03:22:48 PM »
Hi Joan,
Many thanks for that, as I said I'm new to this so the guidance is appreciated, found lots of info and it looks like a must do trip for our holiday,
regards Lindy

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 05:02:50 PM »
Hi there,We are in Kalkan at present and went to Saklikent last Sunday.We did not have a hire car this time so decided to go on a tour.We went with Adda and it was £25 per head this included the transfer, entry fee to Saklikent, Lunch at a trout farm and entry fee to Tlos. We were collected from our apartment and delivered back home again. The journey time was about 45 minutes to Saklikent in the small coach.We then had approx 2 hours there. Please be aware that you wade through water so make sure you have shorts and water shoes with you! You can hire shoes there but they are really uncomfortable as the soles are so thin and you are walking on stones for most of the time. However, the gorge was amazing! After the gorge we went to a carpet making co-operative; not as boring and "in your face" selling as you might think. It is a loca lco-coperative and we saw full demonstrations of all the techniques involved. Then for lunch at a trout farm up in the mountains - this was wonderful, the food was great and you ate in Ottoman seating areas amounst the trees with gushing water all around. Finally on to Tlos and the ruins/rock tombs before the 45-50 minute trip home. We had a great day, the other guests were all really nice (as you would expect in Kalkan) and we felt that we got very good value for money. It was a great introduction to the sights though in future we will hire a car and spend more time (we love scrambling over rocks etc so only 2 hours at the gorge was not really enough). However, thoroughly recommend it. Hope this helps you a bit!

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »
Hi Elainechris - great report of your trip, thank you. I was unsure about the tour previously, but your description has encouraged me to give it a go.
But. Here's a stupid question for you. I have married a chap who, though gorgeous, has food allergies. Including fish. So here's the silly question - lunch at the trout farm, i assume, is, errrrr .... trout? Is there anything else on offer for lunch do you know?
Of course we could take something suitable with us - but it will be much easier to get this on our holiday itinerary if there is a choice of food.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hope you are having a fabulous time!
L
if you can walk you can dance

Offline Lindy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 08:26:35 PM »
Hi Elainechris,
Thanks for the info it sounds really good, I think we prefer this sort of tour, so will def give it a go, we even have some rubber shoe  things ready! have a great hol
Linda (Lindy) & Rich

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:07:21 PM »
Lorilou from memory of doing this trip a few years ago I'm sure we were offered a choice of fish or chicken. I'm sure the tour operator will let you know before you book and several companies offer this tour including Abi Travel and Adda

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 10:39:17 PM »
Thanks for that encouraging info Itstime - might mail the tour ops and check - trips are something I need to gently 'sell in' for a while before we go! ;)

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »
Hi Guys, Just got back to the UK..... In answer to the query regarding eating at the trout farm. In fact the choice was good, chicken on skewers (really lovely BBQ/Smoked flavour), "meatballs" (which actually turned out to be more like small meat patties) and of course, trout. We were asked our preference en route to the farm and the guide called ahead so it was all ready for when we got there. There was also the most amazing array of veg, pulses and salads etc, all of these were "help yourself" so portions could be as big as you wanted. Enjoy!

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 03:15:12 PM »
Hi elainecris - thanks for that, very encouraging! Adda tours here we come...
Hope you had a fab holiday!
L

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 07:02:12 PM »
No problem Lorilou, I really hope that you have a wonderful time, already counting the days (7 weeks, 5 days) until our next trip! Suddenly had a thought, I believe that the gorge closes around mid October as the water level rises to unsafe levels - hope you are planning to go before then!?!?!?

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 08:15:34 PM »
Hi elainecris - our trip is first week in October so hopefully we'll be ok. If not - plans B,C,D &E!!! Or a few glasses of Lal or efes at the harbour ...

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Saklikent

Started by Mrgrimsdale on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post July 09, 2013, 09:21:03 AM
by misty
xx
Saklikent

Started by anne41 on Holiday Reports and Reviews

0 Replies
Last post September 23, 2013, 06:39:49 AM
by anne41
xx
Saklikent day out

Started by Mrgrimsdale on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post July 09, 2013, 01:45:04 PM
by Mrgrimsdale
xx
DIY trip to Saklikent?

Started by Rachey on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

6 Replies
Last post September 20, 2008, 07:37:50 PM
by Rachey

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal