Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Very excited to join this fab online Kalkan community  (Read 4505 times)

Offline beachmeup

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Very excited to join this fab online Kalkan community
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:13:19 PM »
Hi all,

Ever since booking my first ever trip to Turkey for this September, I've been reading the posts on this amazing site.  The information you can find here is brilliant and the more I read the more excited I'm getting.

I'm staying at Hotel Meldi with my girlfriend for a week from the 3rd of Sept. I'm really hoping that all I need to pack when it comes to clothes are shorts, t-shirts, a couple of shirts, swimmers and flip flops. I'm planning on only taking carry-on luggage, so space is obviously a premium. Will the evenings in early Sept be too cold for shorts? Do you need to get dressed up in jeans and going out shoes for many of the restaurants/bars or is it all fairly relaxed and casual? (we really want to explore as much Turkish cuisine as possible).

So excited!

Many thanks!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6126.0

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Re: Very excited to join this fab online Kalkan community
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 08:20:14 AM »
Hey beachy.....welcome aboard!the Meldi is nice and near the village yet tucked nicely away.....i don't dress up when i'm in Kalkan..some do but you won't be frowned on if you don't as many people just dress for comfort....ealy sept you should be fine with your pins out ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 01:06:17 PM »
I agree with Blue Lizard, you don't have to dress posh, some poeple dress up in the evening but others just wear casual shorts. When we've gone out in the evenings my Hubby's often worn shorts and sandals if he just feels like chilling out and when we've gone in late August early September it can still be very warm in the early evening and too hot for trousers. You should be fine in shorts in Sept we've always found the evenings pleasantly warm then. Don't worry about what you wear just have a fantastic time, I'm sure you will. Cheers!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:30 PM »
and flip flops are the best footwear.....high heels for ladies are a death trap on the hills! there's a lovely laid back feel as everyone says.....trousers would be overdresing!  :laugh:

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »
My BH packs very little...well he needs to leave room in his case for my things ;D ...and buys t-shirts, shorts and linen trousers when we're there.
Shorts and flip flops were still obligitary evening wear when we we there in October last year, so you'll be fine the first week in September
As Babs says, warn your girlfriend that heels will just take up valuable room in her case and she will be confined to the Meldi for your entire stay as heels are a no-no on the steep cobbled streets...wedges are negotiable if they aren't super high ;D ;D
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »
I still manage to slip every evening as I go around the corner on the main street down to the harbour.....and that's wearing flip flops! the safe way for me to get down there is with bare feet  :laugh:

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »
Babs, glad it's not just me who still skids even wearing flip-flops and even before my first glass of wine. I always manage to slip on the bit when you start to go down the steep hill opposite the Moonlight bar just by the creepy little boy and have been known to walk barefoot at times. Have to hang on to my OT for grim death on the hills, he thinks it's quite funny, he reckons I'd fall over the pattern in our carpet, cheek!!

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »
my OH won't let me hold on to him anymore in case I drag him down!
hence the bare feet.......will be testing the hills for slippiness beginning
this Sunday night!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 06:47:37 PM »
LOL Clara that's exactly where I did my not so graceful fall to the ground even though I was wearing flat sandals :-[ Cue a rush of waiters wanting to help me up and OH bent double laughing ???
It always amazes me to see some women managing to totter around the town on heels which I wouldn't even attempt to wear back home.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:08 PM »
when you do see heels in Kalkan and they are being worn by someone who seems oblivious to the slopes...its like spotting a celeb ;D ;D
When you see someone wearing heels but clinging on to someone else for dear life, or taking baby steps, you think...dear oh dear, what were you thinking...! All that valuable bag space you've just taken up :) :)

Offline JayneyG

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 11:04:15 PM »
I also slipped and fell over by the creepy little boy and cut my knee whilst wearing flat leather sandals.  And it was only lunchtime on my way back from the market, so no alcohol involved!  That little boy must have seen a fair few accidents!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 11:13:07 AM »
That nasty bit of slippery road by the creepy boy has now been widened and steps put in there so it is much better to use the steps where you wont slide down the hill.  Now, IMHO, the worst slippery bit is just on the slope in front of Vessilo and Brako outside Kalamaki - that is the latest danger spot..!!! LOL!!!
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 12:20:21 PM »
Too right, Felicity, about the next worst bit of slipperiness. The stretch you're referring to is very close to our house, so there's no avoiding it. If the road surface is wet, I often have to resort to tackling it sideways on, crab-style. How elegant is that?!

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »
Oh girls! I'm just so gald it's not just me, I walk around Kalkan like I'm in need of a zimmer, flippen-floppen I still manage to skid. Will be packing the flatties soon, flying from cardiff at eight in the morning, just trying to not feel too guilty for leaving our Cairn terrier Angus at the kennels. Probably forget tomorrow evening when we arrive and the sun's blazing and Efes in hand! Bring it on  8)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New and very excited about Kalkan

Started by Evadee on Introduce Yourself

3 Replies
Last post July 31, 2010, 09:18:16 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Hello from an excited soon to visit Kalkan family

Started by The Warners on Introduce Yourself

6 Replies
Last post August 07, 2011, 12:25:07 PM
by deepasforever1
xx
Hello from an excited first-time Kalkan visitor!

Started by MrsC1701 on Introduce Yourself

5 Replies
Last post March 30, 2012, 12:33:55 PM
by Skunk
xx
Live in Kalkan? Join our team.....

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Living In Kalkan

3 Replies
Last post April 12, 2011, 07:25:05 PM
by mantha38

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal