Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Seaport Restaurant  (Read 4601 times)

Offline leesyloo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Seaport Restaurant
« on: August 04, 2010, 10:42:46 PM »
Seaport Restaurant on the harbour front near to Kalkan republic beach is well worth a visit.   The food is wonderful, such a variety from the amazing fish, caught fresh daily to the lovely chicken, meat and selection of vegetarian and kids dishes.  The meze plate starter for 2 contains 10 different vegetarian dishes.  The prices are not expensive considering its excellent position on the harbour front and unlike many places there is NO service charge. In the morning you can sit and watch the daily boat cruisers depart from the harbour, whilst in the evening you can enjoy the cooling sea breeze. The staff are friendly and there is no hassle to get you in. Once you've been you'll want to go again and again.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6098.0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 10:52:55 PM by lisa »

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Seaport Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:16:11 AM »
Yes, It's a restaurant Chris and I always make a point of visiting a couple of times each holiday. As you say, the Meze is particularly good, we have one between us plus a kebab which we share. The guys are good fun and always love a chat, they teach us a new word in Turkish each time we visit, if we use try our limited number of phrases on them. The Efes always tastes good, especially with the view!. Cheers, Allan.   8) 
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 05:42:55 AM »
We tried this restaurant for the first time last night and can confirm that it is still good in 2011. I had prawns on skewers and they were of excellent quality and served on a bed of chickpeas and red & yellow peppers, which was a combination that worked. OH is no great fish-eater, so he had duck with pears and pronounced it delicious.
Nice setting too, overlooking the sea.
And one real plus point: the music was discreet and not too loud. We're getting fed up with restaurants playing Eurodrivel music (hardly anyone plays Turkish music, which is a real shame) at volumes which nearly make your ears bleed and mean it's impossible to have a proper conversation during the meal! It was nice that the sound of the waves was not drowned out by the music at Seaport. Well done to all there.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 01:21:31 PM »
The only problem I have with Seaport is that the chairs aren't very comfortable, they are very upright with no support for the lower back. Their position at the harbour is great though.

Offline BevJam

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 02:56:21 PM »
We tried it for the first time this Easter and had a fab meal, they had a great fish counter  with Amberjack on there. Will go again. I had a wonderful cocktail as well watching the sunset
Carpe diem

Offline amber

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 67
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:03:43 PM »
I have found no problem with the Seaport cushions! they have hard chairs but with padded cushions on the seat and back of the chair.They also have those lovely big seating areas full of padded comfy cushions to sit on and lean on.A nice place to stop for a coffee and watch the world go by.

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:02:18 PM »
It's the angle of the back of the seat that's the problem for us as it is vertical, with no incline, not the lack of padding. We always end up with backache when we eat there, we do have weak backs though so perhaps it isn't a problem for others.

Offline Chris S

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 11:06:56 AM »
I should like to complain about the size of the steaks.
Visited a few days ago with friends and we were all rendered incapable of movement and needed wheelbarrow transport home!
Of course we needn't have eaten it all but it was too good to leave any.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
Seaport Restaurant

Started by adrian.w on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post July 08, 2009, 08:01:04 AM
by Kalkan regular
thumbup
Seaport Restaurant

Started by Gaynor Chandler on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 08:21:17 PM
by stokey brian
xx
Name of restaurant

Started by cleworthallray on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post June 25, 2010, 08:58:01 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Restaurant Map

Started by john45 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post November 27, 2008, 10:45:42 AM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal