Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Seaport Restaurant  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Gaynor Chandler

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Seaport Restaurant
« on: July 22, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
Spent 2 weeks in Kalkan, our first visit, back in June.  Best holiday ever and will be back.  Spent a lot of time in Seaport Restaurant where the atmosphere was excellent, the waiters not pushy but friendly with a great sense of humour.  Felt very relaxed and welcome and the food was superb.  Had some of the best fish we have ever tasted there.  Well done boys - see you next year !

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5994.0

Offline kalgal

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Seaport Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 09:55:54 AM »
Definitely worth trying Seaport in the Harbour. Food is lovely. Had mixed mezze starter and Seaport fish special was delicious (fillet of sea bream with prawns and blue cheese sauce). Sea food is their speciality. Lots of different pastas etc for kids. Good lucnh menu too.
Of all the restuarants in the harbour it has the best views of the sea as it overlooks the beach (is next door to Kleo bar) It is the most reasonably priced restaurant in the harbour and also has a very comfy lounge and relaxation area (including kosk with cushions) if you just fancy just a drink or a cocktail. It is so family friendly as well and my children are always asking to go back there.  Well done to Deniz and staff.

Offline edwina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »
What about the dear old Ak Deniz restaurant, just above the chocolate bar. We returned there last night for the first time in months and were impressed as always with the family service. Although there is a great Turkish menu we again opted for the fantastic steaks - in my opinion the best in Kalkan.

This place has been running for years now and is upgraded every year in terms of comfort and appearance. Unfortunately it is a bit of a secret, closely guarded by the Kalkan residents, with visitors only finding is by accident. This should change!

Turn left off Cardiac hill and walk through Istanbul and there you are.

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:43:23 AM »
Cannot agree more! As we have said in many other posts The Seaport is one of our favourite lunch stops in Kalkan, for all of the reasons stated in the previous posts.

Hi to you all at The Seaport, see you in Sept/October! Best regards, Chris and Allan.  8)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 12:45:15 AM by AllanChris »
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline lyndsey

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 07:31:54 PM »
Just returned from our July visit to Kalkan & the place was as lovely as ever, if a little quieter, which was not a bad thing, restaurant staff were that bit more attentive & we got to have longer chats with the locals learning a little bit of the turkish language along the way, I can now order “a glass of wine with soda & a beer please” in Turkish!!  Went to Seaport Restaurant for Turkish breakfast most mornings & watched the boats setting off on their daily cruise.  The new sofas just make the seating area so much more comfy we could’ve sat there all day it was just soooo relaxing.  The food was as delicious as ever, we’re not big fish eaters but this trip we’ve tried so many different kinds, Deniz certainly knows his fish.  Late afternoons after a lazy day on the beach we would watch the boats return (sometimes with a cocktail, very naughty I know but Lisa’a Mud Slide WAS delicious).  Deniz & his staff hospitality was second to none, nothing was too much trouble often moving us to a lovely seaside table when one became available late on.  Seaport Restaurant is definitely our favourite this year, it’s Deniz' attention to detail that means so much, (has anyone seen the little heart shaped teaspoons with the coffee)?  Good Luck to Deniz, hope his success continues & will be sure to be back next year.  See you then guys, thanks for making our holiday so special!

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:29:37 PM »
Deniz told us in May that the spoons were so popular with customers, but they had a habit of falling unnoticed into peoples bags!!!!   :o

Offline stokey brian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 11:29:43 AM »
My wife & I just returned from our second visit to Kalkan & went to Seaport Restaurant on our first day mainly to say “Hi” to Deniz.  He’s a lovely chap & made us feel so welcome last year we just had to go back.  We were pleasantly surprised at the changes Deniz has made to the restaurant it now looks so light & summery with the new chair cushion colours, coloured water glasses & comfy seating area.  The canopy & fans were a welcome addition as was the air conditioning in the loos, OH found it a great place to cool down & de-frizz her hair in the humidity!!  We ate at Seaport about 5 times during our 2 week stay & the food was as exceptional as last year, there are some lovely additions to the menu and the prices are comparative to some of the roof top terrace restaurants.  The staff were very friendly as usual & not at all pushy to get people in.  We spent many mornings relaxing with coffee & biscuits & home-made lemonade watching the boats leaving the harbour.  (Regarding those lovely little heart shaped spoons, sorry Deniz, one just accidentally fell (unoticed) into our bag).  Well done Deniz & the boys, keep up the good work & will definitely be back in September.

Offline Potter

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 01:00:01 PM »
  (Regarding those lovely little heart shaped spoons, sorry Deniz, one just accidentally fell (unoticed) into our bag).  Well done Deniz & the boys, keep up the good work & will definitely be back in September.
You will be giving us a bad name!!! Hope you take it back in Sept!  ;D
 ;)
I'll get me coat!! ;-).....Bang on!

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »
  (Regarding those lovely little heart shaped spoons, sorry Deniz, one just accidentally fell (unoticed) into our bag).  Well done Deniz & the boys, keep up the good work & will definitely be back in September.
You will be giving us a bad name!!! Hope you take it back in Sept!  ;D
 ;)
So do I !

Offline kalkanchris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »
I am a stokie,  HAVE A HART AND GIVE THEM BACK,,,

Offline stokey brian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 08:21:17 PM »
Calm down, calm down guys, going back in September & will very sheepishly own up to my (wife's) error & give the one beautiful little spoon back to Deniz.   :-[ ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

thumbup
Seaport Restaurant

Started by leesyloo on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post May 18, 2011, 11:06:56 AM
by Chris S
thumbup
Seaport Restaurant

Started by adrian.w on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post July 08, 2009, 08:01:04 AM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Restaurant Map

Started by john45 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post November 27, 2008, 10:45:42 AM
by Kalkan regular
xx
IBO Restaurant

Started by Rharris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 09:43:09 AM
by Enişte

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal