Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler’s Saturday 31st July – Son likes his Dad’s hair cut  (Read 2466 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No

• The first shaft of sunlight hits the laptop screen and as I look out across the bay, the sea would be like a mirror were it not for the very tiny ripples from the on-shore breeze. Shortly, Captain Yenep will take us out there on Yildiz II again, and I cannot wait.

At 10am yesterday we had walked the short distance along the Kalamar Road to Jasmine Coiffeur where I had booked a haircut, shave and massage – yes, the full works – with Mehmet. Mrs A waited while I was transformed into this younger being, playing with Idil their 7-month-old daughter, as she cooed in her buggy. My session was only interrupted by a family friend calling in selling tomatoes straight from their farm. I was offered a couple of kilos, but Mehmet knew I had not enough days left to enjoy them.

As he massaged my neck and smoothed the wrinkles in my brow again and again, it was as if I was “from the outside”, looking in and I could see myself in the chair. I knew I wasn’t dead as I could hear Idil cooing but I was not within this world.

I paid my £10.87 bill for all of that, handing Mehmet TL25 and some more to buy Idil some icecream. I asked to take her photo and Mehmet agreed. Idil gave me the biggest smile and I think it was captured well. I promised to blow the photos up and post them back for them to enjoy.

After a Turkish Breakfast back along the road at Chillies we returned to the apartment and a very much needed swim. The Lads were vertical and perfecting Knorr soup – Leek and Carrot – explaining how much they liked this stuff. How many more times are they going to say that?!

Ollie liked the look of my hair cut. Well, he didn’t actually say that, but asked hurriedly if he could go and get his done too, and so I rang Mehmet who confirmed “In half an hour”.

They were gone for a couple of hours and I gather they were having a right ol’ chat with Mehmet about girls and clubs and where they could go “Clubbing” outside of Kalkan next time. They called back into Foto Pizza for the home made tomato soup, diving into the pool late afternoon. I must admit Ollie’s hair looked smart and he reckoned it was one of the best hair cuts he had ever had. The Lads were ready for their farewell beer with new-found-mates from London; but first they told me precisely which fillet steak they were going to have in Kaya, and which sauce they would request to be served separately. Aha, that’s why they only had soup!

As the sun slipped down behind the Mediterranean Apartments, I invited Mrs A to have a beer with her younger husband at the Dionysia Hotel Rooftop Bar next door. We would have at least an extra hour of gorgeous evening sun up there. And so we did. Not one beer, but two Efes, as we chatted to Elvis Presley, the waiter. (I think Elvis is good mates with Mohammed Ali at TheNar).

Realising it was nearly 8pm, we returned to base for a shower and a walk into the village. The Lads had requested eating with us on Saturday Night (their mates would all have gone home) and could we go to Doyum. Not a problem, we like that a lot, and so we booked a late table for tonight as walked into the village.

Last night was so steamy and I must admit I really struggled with the humidity. Merkez was extremely busy but very able to cope. Mrs A had a mixed meat pizza and I had Merkez Chicken. Savesh the waiter served it with style – what a cool dude! - and we were joined with friends from the pool who had almost insisted we get a feel for Merkez before we leave, as we had never been. It was really lovely in there and we chatted over the Rose until gone midnight.

So now I’m going to plaster on the Factor 30 and spend a dayat sea on
  • Yildiz II. Fancy coming?!

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6058.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:15:21 AM by antler »

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
yep - I do.....  :D

Booked on the Yildez fri 13th aug...counting the days.... ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal