Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler’s Wednesday 28th July  (Read 2054 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
  • Walking into Café Vita last night, The Lads were like celebrities, chatting away with the waiters and you could see the glint in their eyes. “We know these guys from Mojito” The Lads said. It was nice to hear them speak, as we struggle to get more than “Whatever” when back at home.

In fact, the best way to communicate with The Lads in Kalkan is to ask any young waiter to tell them not to be too late back, and the message always gets through. Kalkan has helped us find a way to communicate with our son again.

We all chose differently in Café Vita and this included a Chilli con Carne, Home Made Burger, Chicken Curry and Shrimp Casserole. With beers and Angora Red, and of course, the home made chips that have helped make them so famous, our bill for 4 was just over TL 90. That’s about the same that Mrs A and I have been paying when the two of us have eaten in one of the manyrestaurants in Kalkan.  Café Vita has lovely comfort food when you may not want “Surf ‘n’ Turf”.

On Wednesday, we almost had the pool to ourselves, as quite a few were out on boat trips. There was a lovely breeze and it was great to chill out before our final “push” this holiday. Gumsul was cleaning the room again and we could see the bedding and mats drying on the balcony. The lady who manages the apartment came to check that all was OK, as indeed it was. Herfriend drove by, saw us and stopped and came over to us. “Is this the famousAntler?!” stretching up to shake my hand on the wall. Well, I wasn’t expecting that.

The Lads went down to The Tailors and picked up the jeans that had been altered. These were for tonight and you could tell there was something going on. It transpired that there was “bit of a party” going to happen with some of their new found friends having a birthday, and some going home. Hence the packet soup frugality. I felt we would be woken at 5am again.

Beef tomato & mozzarella cheese salad for lunch on the balcony at ours, followed by Apple Tea on the breezy terrace at The Samira Garden, while we let the sun cool a bit before a few lazy hours at the pool.

Once the sun had gone from our pool, we walked out of the Mediterannean complex and into the Hotel Dionysia and asked could we have a beer on the roof terrace, with the reply, “Of course!” At the entrance to the hotel was an advert for their Spa Treatments: Full Body Massage, 40 minutes,£25. Thai Massage, 1hr, £60. That’s a heck of a lot of sweet chilli sauce I thought.

Upon the roof, the view was outstanding in the early evening sunshine. Some sailing boats had arrived back into the bay and were mooring up.The Dionysia is an interesting combination of Hotel, Apartments and a Villa in the grounds.

Kate, the owner’s wife came across and introduced herself, saying she recognised the West Country accent. Then, guests arrived for a drink and she said “Yer, these are from Somerrrset, too!” “That aint right?!”  and “You must be jokin!” And I knew it wouldn’t be long before we got “alright my loverrrrrr?”  as indeed we did.
    And so we chatted and chuckled over our beer as the sunlight faded only to be replaced by twinkling lights around Kalkan Bay.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6045.0
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:22:33 AM by antler »

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
Loving the reports Antler, sounds like you're all having a fantastic holiday!!
Nicky

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Antler...last year it appeared to be a toss-up between the Mediteran and Adam's.
What's been your favourite spot this year?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
Antler so you're from Somerset, great place and people. We're Welsh but we spend all the time we can, that's when we're not in Kalkan, in our caravan in Somerset. Absolutely nothing like Kalkan of course Lol! but we always enjoy the West country too [that's when it's not bucketing down with rain of course]. Really enjoyed your reports, think it's your fault that we impulsively booked at the weekend to go again in a couple of weeks and we've only been back three weeks, wasn't worth unpacking. Our finances will be looking sick, but hey you can't take it with you! Keep writing Antler looking forward to hearing about your last days!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

In Heavan

Views: 4252
By: Buster
harbour3