Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler’s Friday 30th July – “Buy One Get Me Half Price”  (Read 1939 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
  • I was wide-awake just after 5am this morning for the first Call to Prayer from the Mosque. It always amazes me how the dogs seem to how lalong with it and more join in as it progresses, only stopping with the “click” of the microphone at the end.

Yesterday had been quite a busy day. We were in The Market before 9am, first topping up the DVDs for the girls at home. They had given us a list and we purchased most, going home with 16 at an average price somewhere around £1.60 each. It was funny because I asked the man who was selling them, how much they were, and he replied “same price” and not even repeating the price. He had remembered us from last week and I therefore knew they were 5 for TL20. Fair play. 

I decided another pair of shorts was not the solution, they would probably say “38” and I really didn’t want to go there. Instead, Mrs A spotted a nice looking shirt that would come down quite a way over the waistand allow me to “open the button” as a short-term measure. “It has vertical stripes, too” she pointed out so would be more flattering and, anyway, it wasblack - like most things these days. Sensing his first kill, the guy selling the shirt was all over me like a rash but I walked on, not wanting to pay TL35.

We stopped at the pancake place for our TL10 breakfast. Apple tea, with Mrs A having a Banana & Honey one, mine a Spinach & Cheese. Melt in your mouth pancakes, light enough to blow away in the wind.

A family sat on the next table, on their last day, and the mother was telling us about where they had eaten and where you could get massive plates of food for minus “x” TL, including Chips & Egg.  Presumably she hadn’t found Tom Conti, then.

On to the next stall and the purchase of lanterns. Mrs A chose two medium size ones, orangey colour to bring a bit of life to our new, magnolia home. A young English girl was screaming at the seller, saying you said half price and that is NOT half price, missing the whole point. People were looking and staring and I felt ashamed of her uncontrolled anger. We agreed on the price of TL 50 for the pair of lanterns and moved on.

The shirt man spied me coming and grabbed my shoulder.“Brother” he said, “I have nice shirt for you”. I know he did and I wanted it and he knew it. I tried it on and it fitted like a glove and I wasn’t paying TL35. I would pay TL15. He said it would make him cry, as he had to pay TL18 to buy them from the factory. At TL20 he would only make TL2 profit, but I could see that we were there. I gave him the TL20 and he put the shirt in a bag, winking at me with a smile as I went away. I think & hope he won.

After a shower and a short taxi ride up the hill, we arrivedt o a very warm welcome at The Mediteran. We took some friends form our pool who were astounded by the view, thelunch and the friendliness. Chef did me proud again with the Mushroom Risotto and I had my intended Ottoman moment. The sun was fiercely strong today,feeling like needles and in the late afternoon sun, even on the cliffs edge,high up above Kalkan, it would sting you. I was standing up in the ottoman to catch the breeze and protect my head under the roof. My iPOD was giving me Enrique and his track “No Me Digas Que No”, so I sang along not having the faintest idea what I was singing, moving my hips to the rhythm, forgetting where I was.

My son said, “I looked the part” (or at least, that is what I heard), as he looked out from the infinity pool with 12 strangers, watching his father boogey below in the ottoman, with no sound but for the wind. I felt ashamed for interrupting their view.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6050.0
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:35:39 AM by antler »

Offline fitwenchdidyell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
My dearest Antler

Its distinctly possible that you didn't look the P A R T ......  Perhaps you need to reverse the A and the R and that is probably what Ollie said  LOL!!!!!!!!!!

That said, I would love to have been there watching... and then joining in!!

Sounds like you're having a great trip, keep up the good work (and the shorts if you have to leave the button undone)
Born To Run - the Boss rules!!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Antler old buddy.......iv'e limewired that song and Oh! Oh! Oh! ..NO! NO! NO!...it's not one of Enriques better ones is it!!? :o :o :o
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
fitwenchdidyell - glad you picked up the intended play on words. I knew what he said!!

BL - no, not one of his best, just one of the latest I loaded up on the ol' iPOD. I have to keep it quiet about Mr Buble too, but I really like some of his newer tracks on Crazy Love.

And "Broken Strings" is playing here at The Samira Garden at the  moment, which means I cant get away to the Yildiz II until its finished!

Cheers

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kalkan kittens

Views: 3192
By: saskia
Kalkan