Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shopping for silver  (Read 5462 times)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Shopping for silver
« on: July 28, 2010, 01:51:26 PM »
Although we've been to Kalkan many times I've never actually bought any jewellery there, and only really had a quick look at the gold in the jewellers when Hubby's been changing currency. Afraid to look too long as I wouldn't be able to resist :o. My daughter will be thirty soon and as she loves silver I'd like to buy her a nice piece of jewellery as a keepsake. I'd like to buy something in Kalkan as what I've seen of the gold jewellery some of the pieces look a lot more unusual than you would probably see in the UK. I know there's a silver shop there just wondering if anyone has bought silver items out there and are they good quality and are the prices comparable to the UK? Cheers!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6039.0

Offline yakamoz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Shopping for silver
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 02:09:13 PM »
We have purchased loads of silver from Kalkan over the years.  Mainly buying from a stall in the market where the guy makes his own.  It is very good quality and much cheaper than the UK.  Hope this helps.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 02:18:35 PM »
We've bought lots in Just Silver - we always get a good price from Halit. I avoid the blag Pandora, Links, Tiffany etc and go for some of the lovely unusual designs they have in there. Never had a problem with anything we've bought from him and I'm always impressed by the quality.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »
we have bought stuff from Halit at Just silver over the years...good prices and good quality....my lizard ear studs come from him (he has given me a supply) and i have a chunky neck chain that would have cost 4 times as much in the UK for poorer quality,i could have sold it several times over but it has sentimental value ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 03:37:09 PM »
having visited Kalkan a few times with two daughters and their friends we have a vast amount of silver jewellery from Kalkan, both from Just Silver and the shop on the right hand side as you go round the corner towards the harbour....the one with the cats....someone will come along soon with the name. as a previous poster said if you avoid the copies and go for the original designs you can get some lovely pieces. am going to be looking for the necklace to match the bracelet I bought last year in a few weeks time! :angel:

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »
Many thanks everyone, will definitely take your advice and try Just Silver, can't remember the exact location of that particular shop, could anyone please enlighten me. ???

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »
down past the merkez on the left side  just next to Yali bar. Can't miss it :)

Offline clara 50

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 03:49:02 PM »
Cheers Itstime, will definitely go and take a look. Thanks!

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
I think you're thinking of Köseleci, Babs?  I bought a gorgeous silver  apple pendant necklace in there on our first trip to Kalkan 3 years ago.  It's really good quality and looks far more expensive than it is - looks like something you might find at Tiffany.  I wear it all the time and it gets lots of compliments. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
silver shop

Started by kalkancrazy on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 09:38:29 PM
by yoyo
xx
Silver wedding anniversary

Started by sallyh on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post January 10, 2014, 03:39:24 PM
by BevJam
xx
Shopping

Started by sidari on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post August 04, 2016, 05:38:36 PM
by sidari
xx
Shopping

Started by cjm on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 06:44:36 PM
by cjm

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal