Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shopping  (Read 3442 times)

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
Shopping
« on: August 03, 2016, 08:06:28 PM »
Hi all, we will be getting our 3rd Kalkan fix in less than 2 weeks (its been 5 years) Any info on best place to do "villa shop" now.
We have a car, and don't mind trying all, but does any one supermarket stand out as the best especially for drinks around the pool before heading out to dinner. Not bothered about named brands-local vodka/malibu equivalent etc. We are not fussy- what I do know is that first ice cold Efes is waiting..... any tips please.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=13451.0

Offline Sezkalkan

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
    • Fabio
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Shopping
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:20:11 PM »
Not really visited that many supermarkets in Kalkan. We tend to go to the large Yali up the hill, just past the Hunkar kebab place as it's the closest to our apartment. I think it's probably the largest in Kalkan (?) and it has a fantastic wine section - almost a shop in itself. But of course they do sell other alcohol!
Our property - 3 bed, 3 bath, OWN POOL, fab location:-

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/accommodation/p1897579
www.kalkanpad.com
Facebook:- Apartment Fabio, Kalkan

Offline Bob & Jayne

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 214
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 06:54:30 AM »
Agree Yali has everything you need, but Carrefour in town is really good too with a butchery department, the new Sok next to Yali is good, but not as big, we also like Migros further up the hill opposite the bus station.

J&B

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 07:36:00 AM »
I like Migros

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 08:45:11 AM »
We tend to use Migros and yali for 'big shops' but also worthwhile checking out smaller mini markets eg we once got some local very drinkable gin for a bargain price at the one on the harbour opposite aubergine. Its like an Aladdin's cave in there and was the only place (at the time ) that we could find HP sauce. Apparently they cater for the fancy yachts that moor up and we have sometimes seen crew in there wearing their posh whites stocking up.  :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 08:46:45 AM by Lizilu20 »

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 12:26:58 PM »
We probably use every supermarket when we are in Kalkan - for staples try A101 opposite Lime Bar as it has the basics cheaper than anywhere else, and Kipa are pretty good for branded items as it is part of Tesco group - although not for much longer :( We tend to prefer the greengrocers for fruit and veg and the bakery opposite for bread.
For booze, the Tobacco and Drink shop opposite the taxi rank or Lucky Supermarket a couple of doors away were cheaper than the big supermarkets, we found. The "Off Licence" for want of a better word to describe the Drink and Tobacco shop also deliver.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline sidari

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 05:38:36 PM »
Thanks everyone, I remember Yalis from our last visit. How things have changed. Off topic, how busy or quiet is it now? Hard to tell on webcam, it depends when you look! I feel sorry for business owners who may be suffering.
I get sick of people who look shocked that we are going to Turkey-only the foreign office will stop us. We are probably safer in Kalkan than in the UK-or how about France or even a staycation or a London city break- Perhaps they are seeing different news to me.............Thanks again, cannot wait till 13th!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Shopping

Started by cjm on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2008, 06:44:36 PM
by cjm
recycled
Food shopping!

Started by bex on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

20 Replies
Last post May 13, 2008, 10:18:09 AM
by DRBD
xx
One stop shopping

Started by haluk on Buying A Property & Real Estate

10 Replies
Last post July 03, 2008, 07:10:06 PM
by haluk
xx
Food shopping

Started by clara48 on General Discussion

26 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 01:51:22 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Storm Brewing

Views: 3660
By: Buster
Antalya 2010