Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Antler’s Thursday – the Market, brunch at Meydan, dinner at Adams  (Read 3007 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No

•  You could cut the humidity at 8am and we had to get to the Thursday Market. This was going to be hot & steamy.

We walked right down through the Market – “Just Looking!” and did the shopping on the way back (“Buy one, get one same price!”).

The Lads had spied where I should go to get “Absolutely Genuine Fake G-Star shorts!” – at least the label was pretty authentic. Generally, there is a slight correlation between the size on the label and howthey fit. In search of 35” the man said I was 33”. I tried them on and they dropped to my knees. The 36” were a bit tight but then the 34” were absolutely spot on – obviously made for Marks & Spencer!

Happy with my TL 40 new purchase, I was looking forward to wearing them to Adams tonight. The Lads pointed out that my boxers would show slightly above the waist of these, and I should avoid wearing my miss spelt "Kalvin Cleins", bought recently on a business trip to China. Style-conscious, or what?!

A few herbs & spices & DVD’s later, we hit theT-Shirts. Super Dry, Abercrombie & Fitch, Paul & Shark, we had them all in there. The lady seller was pulling down the neck of my shirt and fanning me with a piece of card to stop me from melting. Finally for this bag full of shirts I got to TL 100 and she was at TL 110. She started pleading with me for105.

Now here I am after an hour or more in what must have been 40C at least, negotiating over TL5. I said to her “Oh bless you, you can havethe extra 5! Then I gave her a BIG hug.” The smile on her face said it all.

It was paradise walking back down the hill and the first Efes in Meydan did not touch the sides. We had read about Meydan on EK but not been before. I explained to the waiters what I had read and they translated to one another, grinning.

In Meydan you seem to pay for far less than the amount you get free, and our bill for two Efes, a Chicken Pide, with complimentary small Pide starters and a very large salad was TL15. The salad, also complimentary,was exceptional, being loaded with fresh herbs.

Well recovered from my ordeal, we hit the Mediterranean pool to burn off some calories, only to be replaced at Adams tonight.

Antler

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6006.0
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:07:49 AM by antler »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
Nice report again fella!

My must have G star shorts were 25TL.......you should have hugged her before you started haggling!!! :laugh:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline slodge

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Great to see that the market have caught up with the latest brands.  How many tshirts did you get for your 100TL.  With 2 teenage sons i need to know how much money to bring with me - i think it could get quite expensive!!

Thanks

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
2 polos and 3 T's.

The vary in quality and price. The polos Paul & Shark and Superdary, and they had a bit more weight to the material, the collar etc.

You can get 4 or 5 cheap ones for £20. Horses for courses...

cheers

Antler

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Blue Lizzard, I salute you - you're a much better buyer than me. In that heat I was a complete walkover, as you could tell. And maybe mine have a lot more material?!

cheers

Antler

Offline Amndwr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Hellooo..

Daft question maybe....  Is the market open in the afternoon/evening...?

A  x  8)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
I think it ends sometime in the late afternoon, but its much better early in the morning when its a bit cooler.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
Meydan is next door to Sweeney Tood, right opposite the taxi rank on that roundabout.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Antler’s Thursday 29th July

Started by antler on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2010, 09:12:22 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Thursday market currency

Started by Slj60 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post September 26, 2012, 03:28:58 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
meydan adana

Started by HEATH on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

6 Replies
Last post November 04, 2008, 08:41:14 PM
by Em1
xx
Meydan Adana

Started by Tatilde on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

15 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 08:23:42 AM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Pure Turkish Delight

Views: 3239
By: zros
Storm Brewing