Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Road Works  (Read 2777 times)

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Road Works
« on: July 16, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »
Someone made an interesting comment that the new road layout has almost divided Kalkan into two.... old town and new......do other people feel this is the case ??
Will all the work be completed by the summer of 2011 ??

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5935.0

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Road Works
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:23:32 PM »
I think there has been a divide for about 12 months now,and the change from last year to this year on kalamar rd is great,more eating places ect,from the top of Kalamar down to the roundabout there wasnt much,but now its a compete change,providing plenty of stop offs for people walking between kalamar and town.
the same is happening on the rd up to the market,more places opening all the time,in june we only went down into old town twice,we didnt need to with all the new places ( mind you Pasha bar is no longer  :(  ) lets face it Kalkan is going to be one big place in the near future,old and new,for the best ? who knows,we will have to wait and see  :-\
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »
Sounds interesting and I look forward to seeing the changes. I have never ventured up the Kalamar road I just assumed it was all villas etc up there and it was always to hot for a day time stroll. I agree that the road up from to the bus station is fast changing.......in terms of expansion I guess they can only ever go so far up the hill sides and will soon reach capacity in terms of building new properties.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »
The divide is really between the town and the properties up in Kiziltas with the widening of the D400. It reminds me of when they put the "Highway of Death" through resorts in Costa Del Sol (although not on the same scale). That road divided many resorts in two and it wasn't particularly conducive to tourism in the region. Other than the Mediteran, there's only private property up in Kiziltas - do we think more restaurants and bars will eventually open up in that area - would they be allowed?
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 12:16:49 PM »
Don't think it will be as bad when the wall has established some greenery on it ,i read somewhere that it was intended to plant stuff to lessen the effect of the road on the eye...... ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »
k4e there is also the Samira Deluxe and the Bellamonte Hotels in Kiziltas.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »
Charlie, your'e absolutely right. I always classed them on the edge of town, but the road now makes them very much in the upper half! I'm surprised that Kisla doesn't have more places for food and drink as its quite a trek to the centre from there. I'm assuming it would be difficult to get licences as its such a residential area - however, as Fidimax points out Kalamar Road now has a lot more bars and restaurants and thats very much a residential area.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Road Works - D 400

Started by maryjane on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post August 28, 2010, 09:00:02 PM
by Roxie
xx
Road works

Started by alshepuk on General Discussion

10 Replies
Last post April 02, 2010, 10:48:05 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Road Works

Started by misty on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 04:09:28 PM
by misty
xx
Building works

Started by Lola1 on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post May 13, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
by Lola1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal