Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Road works  (Read 4734 times)

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Road works
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »
I read a posting somewhere about roadworks taking place around Kalkan.  Does anyone know if this will affect the Kisla area?  We are staying close to the Villa Mahal.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5245.0

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Road works
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 01:33:38 PM »
Very recent topic on this forum discusses the road works situation.

http://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5222.msg39857.html#msg39857

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:40:21 PM »
If you read the thread d400, it would appear that some people will embrace the nuisance caused by the numerous jcbs and diggers on the new road and will incorporate it into their kalkan experience. We're not anywhere near the road area, but whenever we go into town the noise doesn't really bother us, Really it all depends if roadworks  and the noise from diggers does spoil things for you
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 05:20:55 PM »
alshepuk, if you log onto www.turkishlocalnews.com you will be able to read updates about the widening of the D400 and also view the plans to see how things are meant to progress through Kalkan.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »
If you read the thread d400, it would appear that some people will embrace the nuisance caused by the numerous jcbs and diggers on the new road and will incorporate it into their kalkan experience. We're not anywhere near the road area, but whenever we go into town the noise doesn't really bother us, Really it all depends if roadworks  and the noise from diggers does spoil things for you

If this reference is to my post then maybe you misunderstood my comments?
Merely pointing out that despite numerous predictions of doom and gloom I have absolutely loved every minute of my time in Kalkan. No more no less and certainly don't plan on embracing any mechanical diggers when there, I'm particular where I bestow my embraces  :angel:

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
Although some postings seem to not care about the visiting tourists a lot of us care about Kalkan.  The reason we visit Kalkan is to have a restful holiday aware from the stresses of the UK.  If we end up having to listen to diggers for 12+ hours a day I doubt if we will be back.  I just hope our rental villa is far enough away.  If I had know about this I would have gone out to Kalamar.  We nearly rented a villa at the top of Komurluk.  I am so glad we didn't

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 06:29:24 PM »
alshepuk, we are renting a place at the top of Komurluk, but I knew about the roadworks when we booked last year. I was hoping things would progress more quickly than they have - when we were there in October they were already at Luka restaurant, so wrongly assumed by May they would be passed Komurluk. That's a chance we took back in July of last year, and perhaps we will spend less time at our accomodation and more time at the beach clubs further around the bay - who knows?  :( I do know they start early in the morning, and jackhammers won't be good at 7am after a session or two in Moonlight, but we'll just have to wait and see. Like you, we have stressful demanding jobs and come to Kalkan for a rest. I'm not sorry we're renting in Komurluk, or coming to Kalkan at all but I also wouldn't go so far as to say I'm embracing the roadworks either. Just keeping an open mind...and fingers crossed

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 07:02:14 PM »
It looks like we have booked to stay in Komurluk at the same time as you k4eva! As much as we love it there (best view you could hope to have) we are considering losing our deposit and booking somewhere in a different part of Kalkan!  :-\
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »
Allan, we haven't even considered changing our accomodation...we love it in Komurluk and just hope the roadworks don't impact too much on our stay. We're in Moonlight most evenings - I'm blonde (with diamante flipflops) and BH is a big guy with no hair - looks a bit mean and scary but is actually a big softie. If that hasn't put you off stop and say hello  :) :)

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 08:02:25 AM »
Why not lend hubby your wig? :angel:
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 10:48:05 AM »
...as well as my high heels and make-up..? ;D ;D :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Road Works

Started by misty on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post August 14, 2010, 04:09:28 PM
by misty
xx
Road Works

Started by misty on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 02:11:16 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Road Works - D 400

Started by maryjane on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post August 28, 2010, 09:00:02 PM
by Roxie
xx
Building works

Started by Lola1 on General Discussion

18 Replies
Last post May 13, 2015, 09:20:29 PM
by Lola1

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

evening view

Views: 3426
By: andy4116
Villa Safran