Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: River or lake fishing around Kalkan  (Read 3590 times)

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
River or lake fishing around Kalkan
« on: June 23, 2010, 05:45:50 PM »
Hi everybody, coming to Kalkan for our second year at the beginning of September. Would love to do a bit of lazy sunny fishing for trout or anything but not in the sea. i have looked and looked for information but cannot find anything. The Xanthos river flows into the sea at patatra beach from saklikent, has anyone seen anyone fishing it whist canoeing or know anything that can help. Surely someone who lives there that has been fishing and dosen't just spend the whole day swimming, sun bathing, eating, drinking, more eating and drinking............no I do want to go fishing. Please help, ask around for me. There's loads of trout restaurants around saklikent but catching them is much better than just eating them....just. Cheers Ray

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5746.0

Offline ian

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: River or lake fishing around Kalkan
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »
 :)  We visited Kumluova Plaj last year - this is the continuation of Patara on the other side of the river. You reach it via Kinik and Kumluova - its past Letoon. You would need a car to reach it. You can park very close to the river so probably a better bet than trekking miles along Patara beach. I saw a couple of people fishing in the river, presumably for trout, it seems fast flowing and deep and clear just before it enters the sea. I'm no fisherman but it looked lovely!

Offline cleworthallray

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 18
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: River or lake fishing around Kalkan
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 09:36:43 AM »
Thanks for the information Ian. I will go and have a look at where you suggested. We have a car for the duration so should be able to find it. Its amazing how little local information there is, especially as angling has the largest sport/hobby participation in our country and Kalkan is full of brits. There is a good business opportunity for someone to pick up here. in Spain, France and even Cyprus there are loads of places that people have hooked into (sorry) and have thriving businesses. Anyone else got any suggestion of where to fish.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
First trip to Kalkan - Thinking of doing River Canoeing... has anyone done this?

Started by johannalouise on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post July 28, 2012, 08:48:34 AM
by helen1
xx
Trip to Lake Van on 12th October 2015

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post July 17, 2015, 11:56:04 AM
by M n M
xx
fishing in kalkan

Started by izzy35 on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post May 13, 2009, 09:17:42 AM
by izzy35
question
Worth bringing fishing tackle to Kalkan?

Started by Kefgirl on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post October 04, 2009, 09:35:34 AM
by Kefgirl

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bedroom view

Views: 2819
By: billmccan
Kekova