Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Post Kalkan Blues  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Post Kalkan Blues
« on: June 12, 2010, 01:07:17 PM »
We're just back from another fabulous fortnight in Kalkan.  It is as wonderful and magical as ever.  Thank heaven we'll be back in September, so the next countdown has already begun  :D

We stayed at an apartment in the Dere development - fantastic location and lovely pool and views.  The new road to Kisla is still just rubble - but didn't affect us in any way.  We spent a day out at sea with Capn Ali on Zeus, as we do each visit.  He is lovely and the food was - as usual - superb!

Restaurants - we ate out every night, and I've put on half a stone  :o .  Back on the diet now...  I'll just list the ones we'll be going back to.  Others we won't return to for various reasons - not our style, service a bit off, menu not so good, but these are all personal choices or we might have just caught someone on an off night, so will just record our highlights! Mind you, we've yet to have a bad meal in Kalkan.   As ever, Coast@Gironda remains our favourite.  Sakir is a superb chef and the surroundings and service are perfect.  We also loved Omer & Ilhan's new venture Lush down at the harbour - especially the night DJ Cliffy played some really chilled tunes.  We also highly recommend Chapter One - it's fabulous - great food, service and ambience, we loved it.  We also tried Maya for the first time and will definitely go back (although watch the stairs as I managed to slip down them and just about broke my wrist  :-[ ).  Nothing to do with the bottle of Lal we'd had...honest!  We also love Kosk - if just to watch George Hamilton IV gliding around the place - he's a legend.  The food is also delish.  We also ate at Akin's in the evening for the first time instead of the usual last day lunch there.  It was busy and really good - the meze plate is fabulous and great value.  After the market we stopped for lunch at our usual place - Tomato.  The tuna salad there is wonderful. 

For pre-and post dinner drinks we went to Yali Bar, it's a fabulous place to sit and watch the world go by, and Lush is also brilliant for after dinner drinks.

So, my bank account is quite a bit lighter, but my body a lot heavier - so all is nicely balanced!  We just love Kalkan - the best thing is its people who are unfailingly friendly, genuine and so welcoming.  Cannot wait to go back in September and revisit our favourites and try some new places too...and maybe even get to Kas at long last for a day!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5685.0

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Post Kalkan Blues
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:07:30 PM »
Hi
Returned back to Leeds Bradford in the early hours of this morning after a wonderful week, like Rachey at Dere development in the Old Town. Had a fabulous time and tried a couple of restaurants that we haven't been to before.  We loved Maya which we went to for the very first time - very authentic, small but professional serving fantastic, well seasoned, Turkish style dishes cooked to perfection. I now see that you can clearly see Maya from the new webcam on KLTN!  As usual The Fish Terrace was wonderful as was Kosk, Kalamaki and Aubergine. We're also back in Kalkan late September and are already counting down...

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 04:50:19 PM »
glad you two had a lovely holiday....can you tell me where Lush and Maya are please?

Offline Kalkan Magic

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
  • www.kalkanmagic.com
    • Share Post
    • kalkan magic
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 04:57:05 PM »
Lush is at the harbour just as you come down the bank and round the bend (almost opposite Aubergine's kitchen area) and Maya is opposite Kalamaki (walking to the harbour, you pass Ibo on your left then Kalamaki. The small entrance to Maya is on the right. You will see the menu outside which displays each day's dishes. You can see Maya on the new KLTN webcam - it shows Kalamaki roof top to the left of the image and Maya rooftop (with 6 tables) to the right of the image. Hope that makes sense. Enjoy...

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 08:17:26 PM »
Thanks Rachey and Kalkanmagic, can't wait until I get back.  Love all the restaurants you mention.  Looking forward to trying Lush, they were working on it when we were there in April.  Four weeks today..........
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:19:09 PM by Charlie »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Post Summer blues

Started by Cuddles on General Discussion

64 Replies
Last post November 15, 2012, 12:06:28 PM
by Mags
xx
There's only one way to cure the post holiday blues................

Started by pw on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post July 08, 2012, 12:09:25 PM
by pw
xx
got the missing kalkan blues

Started by Baggy on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post November 10, 2010, 03:14:07 PM
by Baggy
xx
Bad restaurant experiences - to post or not to post?

Started by Mags on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

12 Replies
Last post June 18, 2011, 12:41:27 PM
by Enişte

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Street Shampoo

Views: 3618
By: Jann
The Girls