Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: horse riding  (Read 9430 times)

Offline rosarioguy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: horse riding
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 09:46:32 AM »

I would like to say that our small animals in patara horse riding club are in runs attatched to cages and all have bamboo shade on the roof...we have rabbits and guinea pigs, I hate to think what would happen if you made them free..Patara is a rural village and we have lots of foxes and other preditory animals (the falcons love to swoop down and catch chickens for example). I believe we keep them the same way in the uk...some in the uk dont even have the benefit of a run, just a hutch. The chickens & ducks are all kept in 2 different houses and large outdoors run as well and let free to roam the whole of the horse farm (which is 7,000sq metres, not 'too small' at all) during the day when we are there, the ducks have a huge paddling pool to swim in throughout the day. On  occasions when we have to leave the farm to collect customers (sorry we were not there shawn) they are all put inside their runs for protection.
We have 2 dogs, both rescue street dogs, Rocky our big white dog is tied when we are not there as even though he has been castrated, he wanders into the neighbouring house garden (that you spoke to shawn) and the neighbour complains. He is free all the time we are there. Poppy the smaller dog is free all the time and comes everywhere with us.
We moved from our last premises to here 6 weeks ago and there are still jobs to be done. Shawn, you could have mentioned that the frame for the shade in the girls paddock is up but the roof is not on yet. Unfortunately we are still waiting for the man to come and put it on, as we all know here is like the uk, sometimes they dont come when they say they will. Though I would like to add to this that in the 3 years we have had arabian horses here, they have always had shade and never used it..perhaps you would like to visit again, shawn and see this for yourself.
If you had looked further you would have seen all the animals have large water containers, and food.

Ok back to the complaint about the other company who's name is at the begining of this string.
It is well publised the problems relating to this company, just search horse riding in the forum and you will find information. It is not a nice subject and its something none us really want to believe is happening. We do not believe it is fair to blame Define and it has to be said that their response has been very good, they sent a couple and their daughter to us (and I think to the other company) to see what we were doing and check the animals etc. Our belief is that all companies selling all tours should do this regularily so they can check the service their customers are receiving.
Anyone is welcome to visit us whenever they wish, to check for themselves how we are caring for our animal family, see how we are feeding them etc. It is true we are not there all day sometimes, as we do need to go and buy feed, collect customers etc. but if you get there and its one of the times we have 'popped out' call us 0532 2972422 or 0534 2953371 and we will tell you what we are doing and try to get back quickly for you.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to visit the other company too, see how the horses are kept, how they are fed and watered etc.

Offline rosarioguy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
Forgot to say that the neighbour who complained our dog was tied up when we are not there had 3 dogs until 2 weeks ago when 2 of them were poisoned which is another problem we have here and are trying to protect our animals from.

Offline shawn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 02:14:41 PM »
thanks for the update on the bad company from my experience with them there was not a problem but as you are the competition you would know best..
Nice to know the shade is coming for the horses though that will help..shawn

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 09:31:30 PM »
Forgot to say that the neighbour who complained our dog was tied up when we are not there had 3 dogs until 2 weeks ago when 2 of them were poisoned which is another problem we have here and are trying to protect our animals from.

Hi Jennine its dave the quad bikeerr here.  ;D

I will stick up for you. You are top of my visit list  ;D next time I come over. Villa owners are bottom!  >:D
If hard work was such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it for themselves?

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 09:34:59 PM »
thanks for the update on the bad company from my experience with them there was not a problem but as you are the competition you would know best..
Nice to know the shade is coming for the horses though that will help..shawn

Is this sarcasm ???

Offline batemansj

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 03:02:31 PM »
I've just returned from Kalkan.  My daughter and I both went riding twice when we were there and I can't stress enough what a fantastic experience we had with Patara Horse Riding Club. 

The owners are British and Turkish and they are both a)  very caring towards their animals but also b) very concerned that the riders get the best possible experience (which includes safety, enjoyment and a ride that meets both these requirements).

The cost of the treks are very reasonable by English standards and it's a great way to see the countryside.

Contact details if they're needed are:

email: janine@patarahorseridingclub.com
tel: 0534 2953371

I'm sure that people with no, some or lots of experience will have a great time.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Horse riding

Started by lightk on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 11:12:00 AM
by rosarioguy
xx
Horse riding

Started by stigred on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 11:38:03 PM
by tonik1945
xx
Horse Riding in the winter

Started by Clo on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 07:03:38 AM
by rosarioguy
xx
Horse riding - Patara

Started by teke on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

18 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 07:25:09 AM
by rosarioguy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Saklikent Gorge

Views: 3441
By: iminei
Mosaic