Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: horse riding  (Read 9423 times)

Offline shawn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
horse riding
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:11:52 AM »
I have found a great horseriding guest house and stables in patara called Pandaros..www.pandaros.net or ring 0242 843 5058..cell 0542 265 2648...they also offer tours around the area ...check them out for a great time... ::)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5676.0

Offline hel66

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: horse riding
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 04:37:50 AM »
Hi Shawn, when you say tours around the area, do you mean on horseback?
Save Kisiltas- ban the D400

Offline shawn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 06:18:58 AM »
hello h..the other tours are not on horseback but are arranged as usual tours to Saklikent e.t.c....the horse riding is through the forest and dunes...if you check out their website you can get more details....

Offline jamie-n-kimbo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »
Horse riding!!! What a great idea!! If we all had the use of horses whilst in Kalkan we could break the stranglehold of the taxi drivers!!!  >:D >:D >:D
A Zebra................. It's just a Donkey in pyjamas!!!!!!

Offline rosarioguy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »
We also do horse riding.. www.patarahorseridingclub.com  0534 2953371 first left as you enter the villsge opposite Istanbul pension  we also have a small childrens farm including ducks, 3 breeds of chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, tortoises, partirdges, cats, kitens, dogs...set in 7000sq metre olive garden..purebred arabian, english tbred horses, western saddles bsi riding hats...

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 10:10:24 AM »
Please place the advert in our business directory, www.enjoykalkan.com/kalkanpages  :)

Offline rosarioguy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 11:17:16 AM »
I have tried to put something on the advertsing page but it does not load.
We are also developing a childrens farm and would like to put that on...with rabbits, guinea pigs, ducks, 3 breeds of chickens, partirdges, dogs, cats, kittens, scarecrows etc, waiting for peacocks and looking for pygmy goats..we think this will be really good for the area...any advice on why I cannot load something into the business section gratefully received Janine patarahorseridingclub

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 12:35:28 PM »
We also do horse riding.. www.patarahorseridingclub.com  0534 2953371 first left as you enter the villsge opposite Istanbul pension  we also have a small childrens farm including ducks, 3 breeds of chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, tortoises, partirdges, cats, kitens, dogs...set in 7000sq metre olive garden..purebred arabian, english tbred horses, western saddles bsi riding hats...

And I can HIGHLY recommend this club  ;D as they saved my daughters day after she attended one of the dodgy  Cruel Horse ridning Clubs that she booked via an agent in the harbour. THE AGENTS ARE CALLED DEFINE and near Pirat hotel end

I met the lady who owns this whilst on Quad bike with my other daughter. (Hi Janine it’s me Dave)  (and Katie)  ;D

When I got back to Villa my daughter Katie told me she got off the horse at the dodgy stables after just a few yards because it  had no shoes, was starved and lame. It was booked through DEFINE.  She go off along with another chap and his daughter who was too big for his horse. They went into DEFINE and demanded the money back and after arguing got it. Define can get stuffed in future.  >:D

PLEASE  everyone who does HR in Kalkan, if you see any cruelty DEMAND YOUR MONEY BACK and put the bad companies out of business.  >:(

Patara horse riding club are not cruel to horses at all and could teach the bad ones a few lessons. They even drove to kalkan for fee to pick my daughter up and dropped her off again. What a service. English spoken perfectly. Great looking horses and other animals. You MUST See POPPY the dog.

http://patarahorseridingclub.com/index.php?page=aboutus

Would like to add I am not related to or a director of or employee of PHRC but a genuine satisfied father of a happy Teen. Credit where its due  ;)

Many Thanks. See you again when we next visit.  :P
If hard work was such a wonderful thing, surely the rich would have kept it for themselves?

Offline HEATH

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 02:07:24 PM »
I for one will be avoiding Define,absolutely disgusting how they can get away with treating animals in that way,it makes me so angry to hear stories like this >:( >:(

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »
Before the witch hunt begins, i think you will find that Define Tours probably just use that particular horse riding stables in patara, rather than have any ties to it.

What might be an idea is to name the horse riding outfit in patara that were sub-standard so everyone can avoid them...( Define Tours included ).

We have used Define tours for our airport transfers and find them very professional in their operations.

Offline kalkancrazy

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 04:38:42 PM »
If they were that professional surely they would check out the establishments they are actually using ???

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »
I for one will be avoiding Define,absolutely disgusting how they can get away with treating animals in that way,it makes me so angry to hear stories like this >:( >:(

Well done tell your friends too please  ;D

BTW I did quad biking with DEFINE and that was great but next time I will go direct to St Nicholas Travel in Patara and save the comm as he said he would do deals if you go direct.  He hired us a car for £20 a day too.  ;D

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »
Before the witch hunt begins, i think you will find that Define Tours probably just use that particular horse riding stables in patara, rather than have any ties to it.

What might be an idea is to name the horse riding outfit in patara that were sub-standard so everyone can avoid them...( Define Tours included ).

We have used Define tours for our airport transfers and find them very professional in their operations.

Fair doos I did do Quad Biking with them and that was OK. I will get the name of the dodgy stables  26 Horse have died this year allegedly because of starvation.  I will name and shame and if Define are reading this you need to drop em like a ton of bricks.   

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »
If they were that professional surely they would check out the establishments they are actually using ???

In the real world yes but when it comes to making money some do not care.  My daughter loves horses and it was shocking to see them in that condition.

The bloke who helped her get her money back (after a verbal fight)  said he was too big for the horse they put him on and it could barely walk. He took his daughter off  and he even paid the taxi back to Define cos the stable refused. He even paid for my daughter too so if he sees this a BIG thanks to him   :angel:

Offline shawn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 01:18:40 PM »
Yes if you are going to mention a company or business you do not like..please name them..it seems odd that you had no idea where your daughter would be...though the story sounds strange..also about all the horses that died this year.As patara is a small village you would have thought this would have got around.
On my way back from olu deniz today where again there are some great horseriding real ranches I stopped in at your patara horse ride place only to find that there was no one there to speak to and the first thing I noticed was that none of the horses in the main paddock had any shade?In this heat ,people who are not cruel to horses?
I did stop in to ask the couple who live in the house at the olive grove about the place but they said they do not have much to do with the horse people..but did say that it was a shame the dog was tied up all day and that the animals were caged up all the time..it would seem that the place has not enough space for what is there and the affection for the animals is only sprinkled around when other tourists arrive..not enough responsibility when it came to burning their rubbish in this climate..especially since the devastating fire they lived through at the house..still not to throw stones eh' maybe there will be some shading put up soon now at least this post will have sent some good vibes out.. ::)

And I can HIGHLY recommend this club  ;D as they saved my daughters day after she attended one of the dodgy  Cruel Horse ridning Clubs that she booked via an agent in the harbour. THE AGENTS ARE CALLED DEFINE and near Pirat hotel end

I met the lady who owns this whilst on Quad bike with my other daughter. (Hi Janine it’s me Dave)  (and Katie)  ;D

When I got back to Villa my daughter Katie told me she got off the horse at the dodgy stables after just a few yards because it  had no shoes, was starved and lame. It was booked through DEFINE.  She go off along with another chap and his daughter who was too big for his horse. They went into DEFINE and demanded the money back and after arguing got it. Define can get stuffed in future.  >:D

PLEASE  everyone who does HR in Kalkan, if you see any cruelty DEMAND YOUR MONEY BACK and put the bad companies out of business.  >:(

Patara horse riding club are not cruel to horses at all and could teach the bad ones a few lessons. They even drove to kalkan for fee to pick my daughter up and dropped her off again. What a service. English spoken perfectly. Great looking horses and other animals. You MUST See POPPY the dog.

http://patarahorseridingclub.com/index.php?page=aboutus

Would like to add I am not related to or a director of or employee of PHRC but a genuine satisfied father of a happy Teen. Credit where its due  ;)

Many Thanks. See you again when we next visit.  :P

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 02:14:17 PM »
Further to digi_daves post yesterday. I thought Define Tours should be informed about what was being said about them.
I got the following response early this morning..

Hello Neil

Thank you very much for this. I dont even know the situation and i will learn about it.

Thanks again to let me know.

Hopefully i will get a further reply when this has been reviewed by the company, it does appear on the surface that people within the office are unaware of this issue.

Natuarally the horses are the main concern here, but scatter gun attacks on established Kalkan business's do not help anyone.

Offline digi_dave

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 06:08:15 PM »
Further to digi_daves post yesterday. I thought Define Tours should be informed about what was being said about them.

Hello Neil

Thank you very much for this. I dont even know the situation and i will learn about it.

Hopefully i will get a further reply when this has been reviewed by the company, it does appear on the surface that people within the office are unaware of this issue.

Natuarally the horses are the main concern here, but scatter gun attacks on established Kalkan business's do not help anyone.

Short memories it was Thursday 1st July and I dont thinsk they would admit to sending people to dodgy stable would they? My daughter never tells fibs but others do when it comes to booking stuff to get your money 

I still have the receipt  BTW Shawn  My daughter is 19 and is an adult and was in the safe hands of Define Tours. She was brought back in a taxi buy a man and his daughter who also refused to ride them  because the stabls provided by Define refused.  Read my post again.

The 26 dead horses did get around Patara and beyond

My daughter has ridden for years and knows a bad looking neddy whe she sees one. She had no complaints about PHC dotcom at all.

We witnessed nothing but love at PHC dot com. They even brought the dog when they picked up my daughter for free and returnd her home which is more than Define did

The dog may have been Poppy who is a rescue dog of about 6 weeks. Its better at PHC than on the streets I think

The Horses in the main paddock are Arabians and well used to the heat as its hot in arabia aint tit?

Giinea Pigs are form South america and I think its hot there too? I f they are not in a cage they will run away. The cage was massive when i see it

My Daughter is at UNI in the UK and lives alone so I do worry about where she is but have very little say in the matter now she is an adult.

Offline Kalamar Bay

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »
Thanks d_d...............

Reading through a few of your posts it's been a Hotel, a blind person leaning up against a wall in Kalkan and a tour company.....ooops silly me, and the tatoo bloke that have upset you.... ( to my eye people have tried to look for reasons behind your observations / views and have posted replies on the subjects )....doesnt appear to be a lot of point really though does there...????

Anyway, as your latest post appears to again try to hang the tour company rather than the stables who mistreat the horses....i was wondering if you had remembered the name of the stables..??? 

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 10:07:37 PM »
Don't forget all the villa owners!

Offline shawn

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 06:43:34 AM »
Thanks dd but they are still horses my vet seems to think the same about the shade..the dog was a big white thing that was quite friendly once you got past the bark and was obviously left to guard the animals even though it was chained up all the time..still let me know about the dead horses I would be interested to know how you know about them...and the company who you are about to shame?

Hello Neil

Short memories it was Thursday 1st July and I dont thinsk they would admit to sending people to dodgy stable would they? My daughter never tells fibs but others do when it comes to booking stuff to get your money 

I still have the receipt  BTW Shawn  My daughter is 19 and is an adult and was in the safe hands of Define Tours. She was brought back in a taxi buy a man and his daughter who also refused to ride them  because the stabls provided by Define refused.  Read my post again.

The 26 dead horses did get around Patara and beyond

My daughter has ridden for years and knows a bad looking neddy whe she sees one. She had no complaints about PHC dotcom at all.

We witnessed nothing but love at PHC dot com. They even brought the dog when they picked up my daughter for free and returnd her home which is more than Define did

The dog may have been Poppy who is a rescue dog of about 6 weeks. Its better at PHC than on the streets I think

The Horses in the main paddock are Arabians and well used to the heat as its hot in arabia aint tit?

Giinea Pigs are form South america and I think its hot there too? I f they are not in a cage they will run away. The cage was massive when i see it

My Daughter is at UNI in the UK and lives alone so I do worry about where she is but have very little say in the matter now she is an adult.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Horse riding

Started by lightk on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 11:12:00 AM
by rosarioguy
xx
Horse riding

Started by stigred on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2012, 11:38:03 PM
by tonik1945
xx
Horse riding - Patara

Started by teke on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

18 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 07:25:09 AM
by rosarioguy
xx
Horse Riding in the winter

Started by Clo on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post December 17, 2008, 07:03:38 AM
by rosarioguy

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal