Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Street vendors and takeaways??  (Read 1846 times)

Offline jamie-n-kimbo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Street vendors and takeaways??
« on: June 06, 2010, 03:39:13 PM »
Just been reading an old thread on Doner Kebabs.......... Has anyone got an update on the Doner situation??

We're out for 3wks this year instead of the usual 2 and will be limiting ourselves a little on the eating out fest. Any new cheaper eating experiences will be greatly appreciated!!??  ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5635.0
A Zebra................. It's just a Donkey in pyjamas!!!!!!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
Re: Street vendors and takeaways??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »
Jamie, there's a new Doner kebab place just up from the Doy Doy - it's open in the afternoons as my BH often popped up whilst we're at the town beach...and it's open really late too as we've called there after a few drinks in town...if you want to sit in it's plastic tables and mini stools which are not the easiest to sit on. Kalkan Fast Food cafe has moved to premises next door - used to be a supermarket I think - right on the corner opposite what was Breeze/Bar B Q and now something Italian sounding - appropriately called Korner. Bh's favourite doner here! For cheaper good food try Oz Adana - amazing Pides and great takeaway/delivery service. We've just come back from three weeks and found it was our alcohol consumption (and my bag addiction) that drained the finances... :-[ :o
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline littlelin

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 08:55:15 PM »
The chicken man near the roundabout now sells doners. This was the first holiday that we've not ate at Oz Adana, only because on our first night we bumped into Arif (aka Harry) who used to be the waiter there but who is now working at the pide restaurant near the roundabout at the top of town. This has been extended as they've taken over the electrical shop which was next door. Very nice food and a better outlook than Oz Adana(unless you're upstairs on the terrace) as you are overlooking the main street and of course they do delivery/take-away.
Apartment owner nr. Kalamar.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »
Our familyvote for the Kalkan's best pides and pizzas goes to Extinct (right beside the Oz Adana). My daughter describes them as the best in the world and keeps wanting to go back which, suits me just fine as I get to eat more of Extinct's even better fish caseroles   

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Takeaways/Delivery service

Started by alshepuk on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

14 Replies
Last post July 02, 2009, 11:03:05 PM
by M'Lady
xx
Small Hotels own drink/takeaways

Started by Southend on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post July 07, 2013, 09:51:26 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Dancing in the street

Started by Christina on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2014, 10:14:46 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Street/Road Map?

Started by magic3 on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post June 12, 2010, 10:33:28 AM
by Enjoy Kalkan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal