Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira apartments or Asiyan hotel  (Read 9499 times)

Offline nickijane27

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Samira apartments or Asiyan hotel
« on: December 16, 2008, 02:36:53 PM »
We are looking for an apartment for 6 or a hotel with family rooms for 4, close to town. We have stayed at the Pasha before but wanted to try somewhere new. I have looked at villas but they all seem to be too far up on the hill.
I have heard good things about the Samira apts as they sleep 6 and have been recently renovated. However I have tried booking through Thomas Cook and they are not letting me do accomodation only on the website.  I have tried to book through the Samira website but again I can''t get through to the reservation page to get a price. 
Does anyone know if the suites at the Asiyan can sleep 4?  I can''t get a reply from them either on e-mail!  If anyone has any thoughts please let me know. I''d be grateful for any help!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2696.0

Offline Alfaman

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
Re: Samira apartments or Asiyan hotel
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »
Asiyan suites are only suitable for 2 - the "suite" part is only a room with two chairs. For a convenient location, look at the apartments elsewhere on this website in the old Mina hotel - now Emir apartments - 2 good pools but unfortunately no bar last time I looked, athough close to the bar behind the Yali supermarket, the Swan pub or Kaya. I have also seen the apartments in the old Elite hotel advertised on the internet.
I am considering Pasha as it does have an on site bar, although the pool seems a bit hemmed in - are there any other considerations for or against Pasha?

Offline nickijane27

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »
We enjoyed the Pasha last year as you get an apartment that gets cleaned every day where you can self cater (altho'' not enough equipment if you wanted to cook),  but you have also got the bar and they get you breakfast if you ask.  It did work out quite pricey though as you have to go to the bar to sit and have a drink, there''s nowhere to drink your own.  Also the pool is nice but it is quite hemmed in, no view. Can''t fault the service and would go back, but wanted to try somewhere different this time, preferably with a view or at least open round the pool.  ALso somewhere to have a drink outside without paying a fortune! Might go for the Emir apts as they do seem to have good reviews everywhere.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:56:07 PM »
The Samira have beautiful 3 bedroomed apartments situated in the street behind the main hotel/apart block.  There are only four in the block and share a decent size pool.   You can also use the main hotel facilities.  They were originally built by the owners of the Samira to sell on however they decided to keep them as they are a great size for renting out.  I''m sure someone on the site has stayed there several times (Fidimax is it you?) and could give you a lot more info.  If no one gets back to you I can give you an email address for the Samira owner and you can contact him directly.  If you do rent one of these apartments I''m sure you will be very pleased with your choice.

Offline Charlie

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 68
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
Nickijane check out this reply http://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php/topic,2503.msg21627.html#msg21627
Yip I was right it was Fidimax!

Offline nickijane27

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 04:11:39 PM »
Thanks Charlie,  would you mind giving me the owners e-mail?  I would like to make a decision fairly soon as the ones I''ve looked at so far seem to be booked for May half term so I can''t hang around too long.  I do like the look of the Mina apt in the Emir block too.  Thanks again for your help,  getting excited already!

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 04:47:57 PM »
Hi,
Can get to Samira by e mail samira.h@superonline.com. You may like to contact Travel Republic as they wre cheaper than Samira direct last year. The 3 bedded apartments are not on the main complex but a small distance away on the little road behind. They are 3 years old and are very nice inside with plenty of room. I think you will find that it is the 1 bed apartments on the complex that were renovated last year.
Enjoy your holiday

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 05:57:52 PM »
Hiya Charlie,yes it was me,back at samira again in may and aug,NJ27,the three bed apts are really good,
they are a nice size with a good kitchen if you need to cook,they are duplex with two bedrooms upstairs
and a decent roof terrace ,also one bathroom,one dble down stairs and a good sized b/room,good kitchen/diner,onto lounge with sat tv,and a decent sized balcony or terrace depending on the apt,if you book with the samira it could be pretty exspensive,try the thomas cook site again its well worth it you could save a lot of money,I paid £90 for 1 week in may,but they do get booked pretty fast.

Good luck, Neil.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 02:08:30 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »
Owners direct have accomodation listed specifically in the Old Town which might help in your search.

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/kalkan-old-town.htm

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 09:38:52 AM »
Try Thomas Cook again but scroll down to bottom of home page & click on Flexibletrips.com.TC have set this up for people who want to book flights/accom/transfers independantly both the 1 bedroom & the 3 bedroom apartments are there but I notice the price has increased recently by about 10%.We stayed in the 3 bed aparts last year & they are very nice. 

Offline nickijane27

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 11:20:06 AM »
Do the Samira apts have any views?  thanks

Offline nickijane27

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 12:20:19 PM »
Have tried the Thomas Cook website again going through Flexible bookings but its only coming up with the Kalamar hotel for 22nd May.  Am I doing it right?

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 02:24:32 PM »
Hiya nickijane27,the top floor apts do have views,if they are not showing they might be booked up.
Try this one,Meditteranean penthouse on villa renters,duplex apt,great views over old town and is very nice
and its  just at the bottom of kalamar rd,behind the samira gardens,villa renters ref no 27536,I stayed at this apt in aug and it was great.

Offline Johnjen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »
Hiy Nickijane27.It looks like they are booked up for that week.If you put the name Samira in it says no availability at either the hotel or apartments.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 05:40:46 PM »
Fidimax..i stayed in that one a couple of years back....you didn''t find my underpants that  blew off the balcony did you ? ;D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »
Hiya little blue friend,sorry didnt find them,but something strange was hanging from the bush by the little
pool . ;) ;D

Neil. >:D

Offline nickijane27

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 01:02:47 PM »
Oh dear every nice apt or villa I look into seems booked up for May half term,  or they only do a Monday changeover.  We arrive on the Friday.  If anyone knows anywhere fairly central to sleep 6 (not too old fashioned) with a pool that''s available w/c 22 May, please let me know!  Thanks.

Offline Kalkan-Mina

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
  • www.mina-kalkan.co.uk
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan-Mina
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 09:22:32 PM »
Hi Nicki

If you like the look of the Emir apartments then how about taking two apartments together.

Try looking on Owners Direct  prop ref No TK411 Terraz, TK836 Mavi Inci, TK 847 Topaz  and TK488

Regards

Colin

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 06:48:03 AM »
Is it me or isn''t this just one long ongoing advertisement ??

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 09:49:36 AM »
Looks like advice to me,unless members own the properties they are recommending,my post WAS advice
and I have no connection with any apt/villa in Kalkan,advice was asked for and advice was given.

Neil. :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 09:54:33 AM by fidimax »

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
samira Hotel/Apartments

Started by Phyllis33 on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 10:10:18 PM
by michelle from newcastle
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by tonik1945 on Accommodation and Hotels

34 Replies
Last post May 02, 2012, 07:21:43 PM
by Charlie
xx
Samira Hotel and Apartments

Started by kathrodham on Accommodation and Hotels

24 Replies
Last post July 19, 2010, 06:41:08 PM
by itstime
xx
Samira hotel and apartments?

Started by efc_amy on Accommodation and Hotels

2 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 12:36:48 PM
by Denners

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal