Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Airline changed again.  (Read 3605 times)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Airline changed again.
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:43:36 AM »
We've now had the fourth change to our flights on Monday!

In November we booked flights with Airflights and one week later the operator went bust.  We made a new booking with Airflights with an airline called Viking.  Several weeks after the booking the airline and the flight times changed to Onur.  This morning morning I checked my emails and the operator Kiss has now changed the flights again, to Saga (who????) Airlines and the times are slightly different again.

What a nightmare, but only 3 more sleeps and we will be on our way.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5412.0
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline elainecris

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Re: Airline changed again.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:05:57 AM »
What a nightmare for you!!! Still, as you say, only 3 more "sleeps", I only have 10 sleeps left to count down but even so, am envious of your 3!

Have a wonderful time!

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
Have to say I would NEVER use Airflights again, we had a similar saga but what made things more annoying was they would not answer the customer service telephone number simply an automated message saying read the FAQ on the website, yet Aegean Flights told me they had emailed our new tickets to Airflights and it was up to them to forward on (we were flying in less than 24hrs!)

Amazingly the Airflights sales line answered in 1 ring and it was only when I gave them a piece of my mind they put me through to customer services who said they would send the tickets straight away (only took them 4 hours after saying that!)

They may be cheap but they certainly didnt make me cheerful!  >:D

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:54:06 PM »
Ours wasn't even THAT cheap!   ;)

I definately agree with you though, we wouldn't use them again.

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 12:02:26 AM »
We booked ours a couple of months ago and they have changed twice (through Airflights) and the only good thing is I think Saga have 20kg luggage allowance rather than 15kg which makes a big difference. Next time I will definitely use Easyjet, flown many times with them and always been faultless.

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 06:29:36 AM »
Watch out on the baggage as your allowance is as per your ORIGINAL ticket and booking and not that of the airline that is taking you if that makes sense!

Jet2 give 22kg but for our flight the limit was 15 as per Onur!

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 06:42:42 AM »
The flight allowance better be the same as the original as we've pre-booked and extra case and an extra 20kg for the outward journey - could get expensive if they dont honour the original booking!

Offline elcee

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
  • Lee Collins
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »
When we first booked we had allowance of 15kg -plus could get extra 5kg for £7.50 each way so not too bad - now the policy is payment for all hold luggage so not sure how we will stand! I dont think we have our tickets yet, (sister booked them) so I shall ask her to clarify with airflights. Its such a pain to keep changing things though, as I said before, will book directly with airline again as I refuse to pay excess baggage if this money doesnt even go to the airline but the tour operator.

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 03:58:29 PM »
We have had our August flights changed 3 or 4 times now. We are now back to the original flight with Onur, but as it is another 3 months until we fly I am under no illusions that it will remain the same. We only take hand luggage so baggage restrictions are not an issue. We have booked Aegean flights for the last 5 years but only last year and this year have we had all these changes. I think next year we wil be using a different airline!

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »
Just had a call from A1 travel. Our flights for 1st July have apparently been cancelled, no reason given though it is still showing as available on airport website. They've offered a refund or change to earlier time for an extra £45 per person. They can't tell us who the airline is and when I looked on their website and every other flight website I could think of, there appears to be no flight leaving from Glasgow at the time they have given us >:(
Really hacked off by this and quite frankly am beginning to despair at the way paying customers are being treated by airlines and their agents >:(
Will need to contact villa owner and transfer company to see if we can change our times but worry that it may yet again be changed at shorter notice ::)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 06:33:25 PM »
Looking for some advice. We got confirmation of our "new flight" today and lo and behold it's the same flight number as the one which was "cancelled" ??? If it is the case that the flight has simply changed its time, should we have had to pay the extra £45 per person. Booking was made last August and still showing the same booking date on the details e-mailed to us today but they have taken the extra money. I'm completely confused and definitely a bit suspicious ???

Offline Will

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »
Contact ABTA (Assoc British travel agents) Tthey have a very good complaints and arbitration service.   Let your travel agent know what you are planning to do and send them a copy of the letter you plan to send.   If they are a  reputable agent, they may refund your £45 without you having to make a formal complaint.

Will

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:28:10 PM »
Thanks Will.
Looks like we might be getting refund :)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Why has the topic name changed?

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Welcome & Frequently Asked Questions

0 Replies
Last post April 17, 2009, 03:27:14 PM
by Enjoy Kalkan
xx
Building Heights Changed - Maybe here as well ?

Started by kevincat99 on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post June 20, 2008, 07:21:30 PM
by Pauline
xx
Best Airline?

Started by Gaynor Chandler on Flights and Travel

20 Replies
Last post September 30, 2010, 10:34:56 PM
by kalkan4eva
xx
Which airline.... and 2009!

Started by Enjoy Kalkan on Flights and Travel

37 Replies
Last post September 01, 2008, 01:58:49 PM
by Mister Barnacle

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Bedroom view

Views: 2818
By: billmccan
restaurant