Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: trip advisor  (Read 5212 times)

Offline bassett

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
trip advisor
« on: September 25, 2010, 10:00:42 AM »
 >:D  have decided that there is no point taking any notice of postings on trip advisor. we had meal at one one of the "top rated" restaurants and we were very dissapointed with the food. we rated the restaurant on trip advisor. we stated that the service was good the restaurant was lovely but we were dissapointed with the food.it was our honest unbiased opinion  it was posted on the site but within 4 hours it had been removed! have found out since that there is an option to remove a posting if the resturant/hotel etc is not happy about it. ours was an honest review based on the experience we had on the night. so what is the point?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6455.0

Offline Elee

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: trip advisor
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »
I agree that Trip advisor is a waste of time.
There is a certain hotel which had very bad reports last year, it was suddenly inondated with " How wonderful the manager and staff are" which pushed its star rating up.
A couple of weeks someone posted that you should not believe these wonderful reports, then, surprise, surprise, that post has been removed.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 01:13:20 PM »
Is this a new feature, I have always found tripadvisor useful  for its warts and all descriptions and cannot see the point if only the good (possibly fake) reviews remain.

Can we have the names of the two establishments referred to in the previous posts,  I wouldn't want to give any business to a restaurant that deliberately sets out to mislead its customers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:04:56 PM by alantj »

Offline bassett

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 02:19:30 PM »
atlantj
have sent you a pm

Offline whiteonyx

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 12
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
trip advisor was good at the beginning but it is smamped by the owners/managers posting rubbish on how good "their" stay was, now the website is curupted by this and renders the site as worthless. The same happens on this website too.

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 05:37:26 PM »
Whiteonyx, we have very clear guidelines on owners advertising on the main forum.
If someone is not following the guidelines, or if anyone has any doubts about a post, there is a button on the post so that it can be reported to the Moderators who will take the appropriate action.
Owners can advertise for free on the accommodation Section.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 09:31:07 PM »
I also regularly use TripAdvisor and have noticed one or two posts mysteriously dissapearing!!!
Nicky

Offline tractor

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »
I really do hate TRÄ°P ADVÄ°SOR !!. ı WORK as a rep and this does no benefit to anyone in any holiday business!! A website for no it alls   and complaints. With hurtfull comments  :(

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 05:01:06 PM »
One man's hurtful comment is another man's honest opinion.  I like Trip Advisor overall although I do recognise that it is open to abuse.  I've posted reviews on there and have always been fair I believe.  I think the vast majority who post also have no agenda other than to let other travellers share their experiences.  You can normally spot the trolls and dismiss their bogus paeans of praise.  If offended hoteliers force the deletion of critical but objective reviews then that diminshes the value of the entire resource to virtually zero.
Cat on a hot tin roof

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »
I like some others came over to EK from Tripadvisor when EK started up..I find it far more informative and indeed friendly......some posters on Tripadvisor were just very unpleasant to other users for simply not agreeing with them.We get the odd spat on here but by and large are a far more happier and friendly bunch . I can find out virtually anything on here about Kalkan and it's surrounds and have made several friends and no doubt will make some more. ;)

i even found out how to make jelly (thanks Joan)

People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »
I've used the TA forums maybe once or twice, but I didn't find them very active.  In the main I would only use TA for accommodation reviews.  I have found the reviews section useful (and frequently amusing) and I hope that overall it retains its impartiality.

Offline chrisbo48

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 01:11:52 AM »
 I`ve used TA to research my last half a dozen holidays and certainly found it useful (I wouldn`t have found EK without it ), but like any other medium which relies on personal opinion, you have to sort the wheat from the chaff. I admit I`ve wondered about the motives of the administrators from time to time as they do seem to be trigger happy with the delete button. On balance I would tend to agree with Blue Lizzie ;D EK  does seem a friendlier forum. No grinding of axes,no heads up own a-ses!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kosk/Trip Advisor....

Started by pw on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

22 Replies
Last post May 30, 2015, 06:03:00 PM
by chrisbluestar
xx
rate increase for Trip Advisor

Started by Anne on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post September 19, 2017, 12:25:18 PM
by alantj
xx
Restaurant and boat trip reviews from our recent trip....

Started by elainecris on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

5 Replies
Last post September 11, 2011, 07:37:19 PM
by Skunk
xx
Kekova trip and jeep safari trip?

Started by HolmfirthNicky on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post September 23, 2011, 05:59:12 PM
by HolmfirthNicky

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal