Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Kekova trip and jeep safari trip?  (Read 3569 times)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 22
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Kekova trip and jeep safari trip?
« on: September 22, 2011, 03:40:27 PM »
Hi, just wondering if anyone has done a boat trip to Kekova(hope i've spelt this right) and a jeep safari trip into the mountains. If so , can you recommend them for a day out and which company did you use? We're wanting to do a couple of trips we haven't done before when we go next June and have done the jeep safari to the gorge and trout farms a couple of times already. Also is Kas worth a visit?
Many thanks, Nicky.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8585.0
Nicky

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
Re: Kekova trip and jeep safari trip?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:55:11 PM »
Hi Nicky
Can absolutely recommend the Kekova trip with Abi Travel. It's their signature trip and done so well. Lost count of the number of times we've done it but must be about 15 :o No summertime trip to Kalkan is complete for us without it.
We did the Jeep safari once and although it was enjoyable I do remember having a bit of a sense of humour failure as at one point the driver took us under one of those bizzare "car wash" thingys which is basically a row of sprinklers on full blast and you drive under it. Sounds fun but remember the jeep is open topped and our bags containing camera, phones I-pod etc got soaked. No objection to us getting wet but just wish the driver had given us some warning and we could have tried to protect our bag.

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:18:38 PM »
Thanks for reply itstime. I know what you mean about the jeep safari, the first one we did it killed our camera, like you we didn't know what was coming and wasn't warned by the driver. However the 2nd one we did with Karacay we knew to put our camera in a waterproof bag and their drivers did warn you when you were about to get wet.
Really like the sound of the Kekova trip, think it will be a must do for next year.
Nicky.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:55:38 PM »
We went on a different jeep safari....not the usual route with water sprays, gorge etc....we went into the mountains and saw some amazing views, stopped in a couple of villages for tea/lunch and went to the carpet factory....it was a lovely day, we booked through Adda but unfortunately can't remember the names of the places we went to.
We've been to Kas a couple of times but think we have missed it! We ventured inland from the harbour and wandered around a few quite wide roads and have wondered where all the lovely restaurants are. We also wandered up the road to the ampitheatre and wondered why, we also went for lunch at one of the beach clubs and saw people lying like sardines. Now it may just be that we've missed the lovely bits but everytime we've been delighted to be back 'home' in Kalkan. The drive along the coast is worth the journey though....stunning!

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »
Thanks Babs, having done the 'usual' jeep safari with the water we were wanting to try a different one and that sounds good.

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 07:35:53 PM »
The Kekova trip, picks you up at your accommodation and drives to Kas, stops just above for a photo shoot overlooking the Kas peninsula (stunning) and then goes through the mountains to the village where you pick up the boat. On the boat and sail to lovely coves for swimming. Next stop is lunch, which is the most amazing meze selection I've ever had, then off to Simena where you get the chance to walk up to the castle. Not for the faint hearted :o :o Did it once ::)
The other option is to simply sit back at the Cafe Ank (sp???) and enjoy the most delicious home made ice cream. Hazelnut, peach and banana. Next is off to the sunken city, then another swim stop before heading back to the harbour to enjoy the comfort of an air conditioned mini bus which takes you back to Kalkan around 6pm. Just in time for a shower, a pre dinner drinky on the terrace, and off out again to sample the delights of another heavenly evening in Kalkan :)
Absolute bliss :)

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »
That sounds a really good day out and will certainly do that next June. I know it perhaps sounds daft but i love boat trips but don't like swimming in the sea, is it ok just to chill out on the boat on the swim stops like i do when i go on Osmans boat trip on Yildiz? Thanks for your help.
Nicky.

Offline kalkanspritzer

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 09:55:53 AM »
I can absolutely recommend both Kekova and the jeep safari. Whenever my family come to visit, a trip to Kekova is a must. It's just a really relaxing day with stunning scenery and usually a fabulous lunch. We have been to Kekova with a few operators but by far the best was Volume Travel. The guides are always friendly and knowledgable and you will come back with new friends. There are numerous swimming stops and the sea over there is gorgeous and certainly whenever  we went this year, not too cold!! The food on the boat that they use is first class. Barbecued chicken and lots of traditional Turkish dishes....a doze is the norm after lunch. The guys from Volume will pick you up and drop you at your door.

The jeep safari is also a lot of fun. Again I have always found Volume to do a great trip at a fair price. The first time I went I expected the visit to the carpet place to be boring - but it was absolutely fascinating. The day was a great fun and yes, as everyone else said the village children are waiting all along the way to squirt water at you.

I tried canoeing this year for the first time and that was also a tremendous day out - but beware the blisters if you're not used to it.

If you have the time then venture out to Kaş......ıt feels a lot more 'bohemian' than Kalkan, but can't compete for quality restaurants. The coast road to Kaş is lovely and its almost worth going just for the drive

Have fun whatever you decide to do

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »
That sounds a really good day out and will certainly do that next June. I know it perhaps sounds daft but i love boat trips but don't like swimming in the sea, is it ok just to chill out on the boat on the swim stops like i do when i go on Osmans boat trip on Yildiz? Thanks for your help.
Nicky.

Hi Nicky

Absolutely fine just to chill and do your own thing and unlike some of the other Kekova trip operators, with Abi, you do get off the boat for lunch and a wander around the village, and again after lunch at Simena so not on the boat all day. I'm sure it would be perfect for you :)

Offline M n M

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 14
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
Second everything you say, kalkanspritzer, would recommend Volume Travel for any trips.
If you are an EK member the Kekova trip only costs 50TL this year, for a full day out.

Offline Skunk

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 01:52:54 PM »
We went on the Abi trip to Kekova in August and can definitely agree with everyone - a really great day out and very good value.  Kas is a nice drive but I haven't found much going on - but my sister lived in turkey for five years and says it's her favourite place??????  We did find one nice restaurant straight up the road towards the tombs but can't remember its name. Haven't dome the jeep safaris but fancy the one up to the mountains! Have a great time and let us know how you get on!! 

Offline oldh

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 05:08:55 PM »
Hi All
We are in Kalkan at the moment. We are also thinking of doing the Kekova trip. Is "Volume Travel " the only tour company that give a discount if you mention EK?

Offline HolmfirthNicky

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 05:59:12 PM »
Many thanks for all the replies!!!
Nicky.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Kekova Trip

Started by Pompeyalbie on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

10 Replies
Last post September 14, 2012, 03:53:12 PM
by amber
xx
Kekova Boat trip from Kas

Started by kazilla on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post August 25, 2018, 03:37:46 PM
by kazilla
xx
Kekova Boat Trip

Started by M n M on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

12 Replies
Last post June 03, 2012, 09:45:47 AM
by M n M
xx
Kekova boat trip

Started by chickengeorge on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post June 02, 2011, 06:09:14 PM
by chickengeorge

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Fishing Boats

Views: 2261
By: turkeyfan
EK 70s Night