Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: EasyJet Faux Pas!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6854 times)

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
EasyJet Faux Pas!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 17, 2010, 08:37:05 AM »
Wonder how many other EK members had an earth-stopping moment today with an email from Easyjet cancelling flights booked on 30 April.  Panic ensued as alternatives were sought, only to learn two hours later that Easyjet had made an error.  The flights were not in fact cancelled.  We had by this time found Thomas Cook flights that were actually cheaper than we had originally booked with Easyjet.  How are people supposed to concentrate on work with worrying emails like this coming in? Tonight we have received an apologetic email from them!!!!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=5046.0

Offline sally

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: EasyJet Faux Pas!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:25:13 AM »
Had the same email too - & it also happened a few days ago - see here

Methinks there will be a head or two that will roll at Squeezy Jet.

Had to have a gin to calm nerves by the time all this was resolved.

But no lime in the house - I BLAME JOAN  ;D

Offline samson

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:12:05 PM »
yes we also had the same e mail regarding our flight out at the end of august and another one in september. spoilt my afternoon untill we managed to talk to someone at easy jet (10p a min) and had to wait 20 min to get a human to talk to. then after being told it was a mistake we got an e mail stating just that. interesting though that we also found cheaper flights!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 05:26:06 AM »
Wonder how you would stand legally if you booked a flight with another airline before easyJet got back to you to say the cancellation e-mail was a mistake? I would like to think they would give you a full refund ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 06:02:20 AM »
The bit I didn't like was their handling of a real cancelation.

The Email contained a link to a web page with two choices, refund or transfer booking, no information al all about the choices just a warning that your choice was binding and final.

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »
Yes Kalkan4Ever we also wonder where we stand legally as we did in fact book another flight before we had a mail fom Easyjet saying 'Oh dear it was a mistake. Never mind'
We had ticked the option on the original mail for a full refund. Spent ages trying to talk to someone at Easyjet but just kept getting a list of options, none of which were relevant and then got cut off.
Had a reply from them yesterday saying that as the only change to our flight is a 20 min time difference we are not entitled to a refund.
The flights we had booked with Easyjet on 16 April  >:(got us to Dalaman at lunchtime and our return flight was around the same time. The new flights with Thomas Cook get us to Dalaman at 1am and back to Bristol at 04.20am.
So.......we now have 4 flights......the ones we have to use go at rubbish times and an uphill struggle to get our money back from Easyjet!!!!!

Offline fitwenchdidyell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 10:09:28 PM »
I read about something similar on a Corfu website - email saying flights cancelled etc. etc.

People there got a satisfactory outcome by contacting the EasyJet Chief Executive and he 'kicked bottoms' or something and got it sorted.

Try him - his name is Andy Harrison.

Emails to him got a response within 40 mins last week!!

Good Luck
Born To Run - the Boss rules!!

Offline lynda

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 05:12:09 AM »
Thanks for that. Will give it a go!!

Offline Kalkan regular

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 80
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 06:13:49 AM »
I don't think Easyjet have a legal leg to stand on as their email broke their contract with you, they can't then sayt that they have changed their mind. It's quite clear that they cancelled your flight, not changed it by 20 minutes and I would tell them that if I hadn't had my refund within 7 days I would be taking them to the small claims court who I am sure would find in your favour.

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 11
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »
I've received an email stating that my return flights from Istanbul on 12th March have been cancelled. The same email also tells me that the flight I took back from Dalaman last September is cancelled. I'm sure I would have noticed!
I've emailed easyJet to ask if they will pay for an extra night's accommodation for four people, if we come back the next day.
I'm not sure if this is a mistake or not. The flight for 12th March isn't availalable on easyJet's website.

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 11:25:04 PM »
I've managed to speak to someone at easyJet, after only a 15 minute wait, and was told that the flight on 12th is not cancelled. It doesn't show on the website as it is full, apparently.
The phone number is 0871 2442377. You get through to a real person, without loads of inappropriate options.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 12:45:02 AM by Tatilde »

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 12:37:43 AM »
Notice how the Chubby Greek goes AWOL when problems occur? he only seems to pop up when EJ are buying new planes or getting New routes..... >:D
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline Tatilde

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 12:44:17 AM »
Part 3. I've now received an email in reply to the one I sent easyJet yesterday, saying that the flight is cancelled!
I've emailed back asking them to sort it out amongst themselves and get back to me.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Pale gold Faux silk curtains for sale

Started by Bdancer on Classifieds - Available

1 Replies
Last post August 30, 2012, 03:47:29 PM
by Bdancer
xx
easyjet

Started by yakamoz on Flights and Travel

15 Replies
Last post September 06, 2012, 05:02:15 PM
by Cuddles
xx
Easyjet

Started by Blue Lizard on Flights and Travel

17 Replies
Last post October 08, 2018, 06:44:29 PM
by pw
xx
easyjet

Started by baclava on Flights and Travel

4 Replies
Last post September 15, 2011, 06:48:59 PM
by Cuddles

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal