Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Apartment close to town  (Read 10866 times)

Offline dawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Apartment close to town
« on: November 23, 2009, 08:18:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

Me and boyfriend are thinking of going to Kalkan in May or June.  I've seen so many apartments and hotels online and I just can't decide which I like best! 

We are looking for a 1 bed apartment no more than 5 mins walk from town with swimming pool and possibly a bar (this is not essential).  Looking to spend about £250 max.  I like the look of the Han Inn apartments but I can't work out where abouts they are. 

Any suggestions appreciated!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4762.0

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 121
  • Living the Kalkan dream? Maybe...
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Re: Apartment close to town
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »
Hi Dawnie

Tried to send you a pm, but not sure if it went ok. Let me know if you didn't receive it!

Offline dawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 10:14:08 AM »
Got it thanks.   :)

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »
The Dere development is literally 2 mins to the Old town - think Cennet is a one bedroom apartment. Try owners direct or holiday lettings websites and narrow your search to "old town" and you'll get the apartments that a truly in the heart of the village, if that's what you want. Good luck
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »
Try owners direct or holiday lettings websites and narrow your search to "old town" and you'll get the apartments that a truly in the heart of the village, if that's what you want.

Errr.. not necessarily... I have seen a few villas/apartments on both of those sites that are classified under the heading "Old Town" but turn out to be in Komerluk or Kalamar! Basically, the advertisers can claim to be wherever they like; the site managers don't check for accuracy.... caveat emptor!

Offline Rachey

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »
We stayed at Neyla Apt in the Dere Development in September.  It's a fab 2 bed apt.  All the apartments at the Dere look pretty fab, to be honest.  It's a genuine 2 min walk to the heart of the village and a fabulous location.   The new Adda supermarket is handy.  But Martyn is correct - some owners do encourage potential visitors to think their places are perhaps a bit nearer the heart of the village than they are  ;)  Best thing to do is identify some apartments you like the sound of (we always use owners direct and holiday lettings) and then ask the good folk of this forum where the apts are - someone here is bound to know exactly where it is and give you good advice.  The folk on this forum were endlessly helpful to me before our first visit to Kalkan 2 years ago...now we've just booked up our 4th & 5th visits for next year!  :laugh:

Offline dawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 10:21:04 AM »
Thank you all for your suggestions so far.  There are a few we are considering and still like the look of HanInn apartments.  I emailed the owner and he said they are "downtown" and ten mins from beach.  I think there is a picture of the location on the website:  http://www.haninnkalkan.com/index.php/kalkan-apart-han-inn/

Is this a good location?

Offline Loopylell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 10:31:39 AM »
We stopped at the Safa Apartment in the Dere Development, slightly more than £250 as 2 bedrooms, but excellent apartment & location they share a pool with 2 other apartments and they appear to be vacant in May and June on Holiday Lettings Ref: 16143

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 11:27:22 AM »
Dawnie, I'd say that's a very good location. It looks as if it's just off the Kalamar road but very close to the main roundabout, right by Atlantis, Bar BQ and Kaya restaurants so easy walking distance to the centre.

It looks fabulous, beautifully landscaped etc, but it does seem very expensive in comparison with some of the other accommodation nearby. Still, you get what you pay for!  ;)

Offline dawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 12:42:14 PM »
Apartment 1 at HanInn is £200 per week in May so I think we're going to go for that if it's still available!

Thanks everyone

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 04:08:50 PM »
Depending on what you want,try the Samira apts,you cant get much closer to town,and they are pretty cheap,nice pool and bar,also try Truffles apts,very nice and next to the Samira,may be a little more price wise but worth it.
the Han inn apts are about 10 mins from town and also look very nice,thinking about them for next june,good luck.  8)
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline jofoss

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 04:10:59 PM »
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/turkey/TK731.htm
Hi There,

I stayed at the Visne apart, which is also on the Han complex, last September, see link to owners direct. The pool and grounds are lovely and we enjoyed it very much. Location-wise, it is up the side road next to the Kartin supermarket, about 30 seconds away, so excellent in terms of nipping out in the morning for fresh bread. 

Regards

Jo

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 04:24:58 PM »
I knew i'd seen it somewhere!!  tucked away round the back...i have a photo but couldn't remember where i took it i have so many! as it says  close to the village just a few  mins away ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline dawnie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Just booked apartment 2 at HanInn for 10 nights!

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 04:57:50 PM »
Which one my Blue friend, the Han,Peas ??????;D >:D

Offline MartynE

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
    • Kalkan Secrets
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »
Thanks everyone.  Just booked apartment 2 at HanInn for 10 nights!

Superb! You're bound to have a fabulous time. Start the countdown now!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal