Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cost of water sports and activities  (Read 2675 times)

Offline pixie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Cost of water sports and activities
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »
 ??? Can anyone tell me how much it is for a water skiing session and banana ride. I am bringing young people prior to the start of uni next year and would like to arrange a few treats for them post A levels 

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4684.0

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
Re: Cost of water sports and activities
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:41:47 PM »
This year the price of waterskiing from Palm Beach Club was 50YTL for a 10 minute session.  Banana ride 25YTL, Ringos and Big Mable 30YTL -  all for a 10 minute session.  This was with Blue Marlin Watersports which operate from an office in the harbour and from most of the beach clubs.  Hope this helps with your plans!

Offline pixie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »
Thank you Alisonh. Is the Palm Beach Club the best for the younger set.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:40:19 PM »
The younger set seem to prefer Kalamar Beach club. When we've visited it was the liveliest of all the beach clubs and attracted younger clientele. Palm is a bit more laid back and relaxing - that's why we prefer it  ;)
The water sports activities are available at Kalamar too - think it's a different company. Blue Marlin also operate out of Indigo - which is down by the harbour - again this seems to have a younger client base than say Palm or Mahal. Not sure about Kalkan Park, but someone else will be able to help.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »
Kalkan Park had a mix of ages the few times we went. Water sports and trampoline also available and one advantage was that as well as the free boat taxi, there was no charge for the loungers and umbrella. Food and drink was reasonable and enjoyable. They also have a water flume which goes into the sea and was I think free for youngsters. I was too much of a coward to try it but certainly looked as if those who did, enjoyed it.

Offline Kalkankiwi

• KK
  • EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 05:40:14 PM »
Palm Beach Club is great for all ages. They have a trampoline and pontoon platform but no kayacks. It costs 7:50 YTL compared with 12 YTL at Kalamar beach club. The food and drinks are also cheaper at Palm Beach.They also provide a free taxi to pick you up and drop you back to where you are staying.We have two boys ages 13 and 15 and they always enjoy it there and usually pal up with other boys for some fun and games. They  have table tennis available there.I enjoy relaxing on their open wooden type platforms which are scattered with lots of cushions and shaded with volie curtains-great for groups to chill out on.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »
Kalkankiwi is right, Palm Beach does attract all ages and is by far our favourite beach club. However, Pixie's question was whether it was best for the younger set? We brought our daughters in June/July this year (20 and 16 yrs) and they much preferred Kalamar Beach Club because there were a lot more people of their age group there and it was much more lively. They loved the free pedaloes and kayaks, which are not available at Palm. Pixie is bringing 18 year olds and there is more on offer - albeit that the beds are more expensive - at Kalamar for that age group - in my opinion. They also offer free transport - as I think all the beach clubs do.
I'm not a fan of Kalamar Beach Club, so not trying to win them business over Palm because, as I've said previously Palm is our favourite, but it got the vote from our girls.
Pixie, you are best trying them all out when you get there and see which one suits your young people best.
Enjoy ;D ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Holiday Activities

Started by Ryss on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

10 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 04:47:56 PM
by Babs
question
Please can anyone advise on good activities for rainly days?

Started by elainecris on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

2 Replies
Last post January 12, 2010, 09:56:50 PM
by JODARUYA
xx
Sports bar.

Started by jadou84 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post June 06, 2013, 10:56:01 PM
by anoife
xx
man utd v liverpool sky sports

Started by wizpeep on General Discussion

1 Replies
Last post September 09, 2010, 07:47:24 PM
by baclava

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Smell the Jasmine

Views: 2243
By: itstime
yatch point