Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Flights for 2010??  (Read 9019 times)

Offline antler

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 48
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Flights for 2010??
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2009, 12:42:58 PM »
Firecat, here's a bit of info for you:

We live near Wetherby and went from Manchester this year for £303 with 20kgs of baggage. Its 80 miles each way to Manchester. Evening flight out and 3am leaving Dalaman on the way back

Have just booked Jet 2 from Leeds Bradford for 2010 - 15 miles away, so taxi is cheaper than car parking - and paid around £350 each; 22kgs of baggage, 10kgs of hand, on-line check-in and the flights are really sociable (16.00hrs take off out of Leeds and 21.30hrs take off from Dalaman back).  Because Jet 2 fly Fridays and Mondays, we were able to do our "18 Day" holiday again.

Mancchester is dearer (some dates) than Leeds at the moment with Jet 2; they also fly from Newcastle. I think of all the "low cost" carriers, Jet 2 are Ok in my book, having flown with them loads of times. They are not the cheapest, but they are OK.  And they have quite a few planes and growing.

We could have booked just now for around £275 each, for exactly the same dates, out of Manchester (Onur) and only paid a deposit now, with the balance end of April. That was attractive, but with unsociable flight times (check-in at Dalaman to come back at 6.00am?) and the drive from Manchester, I paid the extra for the comfort.

We fly out July 16th (23rd was the same price) all the dates after were significantly more. After we booked BMI in February this year, we noticed Jet 2 was well over £400 each - and its heading that way already with them for next year.

A bit of info for you, anyway.

cheers

Antler

Offline Firecat

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 27
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Re: Flights for 2010??
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 12:49:55 AM »
I'm hanging back until Cyprus Turkish and Easyjet publish their late summer timetables.  If I wanted to fly to Dalaman in May 2010 I could get a cracking deal from KTHY for £192pp inc. return with very sociable flight times so I am hoping for a similar deal.  I think they publish their Sept '10 prices in around a month's time.  Gatwick is not a great choice for me as London airports go but que sera. 
Cat on a hot tin roof

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Easyjet Flights Oct 2010

Started by Bdancer on Flights and Travel

1 Replies
Last post November 18, 2009, 10:35:18 AM
by Kalkan regular
xx
Flights August 2010

Started by misty on General Discussion

2 Replies
Last post July 10, 2009, 07:59:08 AM
by misty
smiley
Cheap Flights for sale - May 2010

Started by Amndwr on Flights and Travel

6 Replies
Last post May 01, 2010, 05:37:05 PM
by kim21
question
August 2010 Easy jet flights

Started by JebbieB on Flights and Travel

26 Replies
Last post November 13, 2009, 05:41:18 PM
by Kalkan regular

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal