Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Baharat Restaurant  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Mackem

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Baharat Restaurant
« on: September 18, 2009, 03:55:41 PM »
Had an excellent meal at Baharat restaurant last night. It is new this season and has taken over from what I considered to be the fairly unimpressive Arena Restaurant. Don't let that put you off trying this new place though because the quality of the food and the service was first class and reasonably priced. Go on give it a go.

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4395.0

Offline JenJen

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 15
    • Share Post
Re: Baharat Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 08:51:35 AM »
I agree - it's very reasonably priced and the food is excellent.  We went last week and will be sure to return next year when we're back in Kalkan.  The warm bread they serve at the start of the meal is delicious (and the woman who sits making it out the front of the restaurant is very sweet!).

Offline Mags

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 63
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:58:02 PM »
Yes: agreed. They have an interesting menu and are trying (mainly successfully) to run a sophisticated restaurant. We ended up taking most of the restaurant home with us! Liked the bread so much (having - me - said "elinize saglik" - aplologies for not using Turkish fonts; can't be ar*ed - to the lady making it outside, to general acclaim) that we asked for a paket servis and had some toasted for breakfast this morning. And then, we had the chicken in a clay pot and, having established that they didn't need to re-use it, asked to take the bottom half home so hubby could plant a basil plant (feslegen) in it. We left the table and chairs, as we couldn't fit them in my handbag.....We will go back, especially as husband said it was the best liver he had ever had in Kalkan (probably just as well, as his own is in shreds by now).

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 05:22:48 PM »
Mmmmm yes the liver is delish.  I had it as a main course with mashed potato.  We've been to Baharat on each of our trips this year and it's always been good.
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:41:10 PM »
Yes I don't usually post about restaurants, its not fair to the rest but we've had three excellent meals there. Hassan and Metin and the rest of the staff work hard to produce a good evening. I must admit I do like the bread and asked for the recipe. On another happy note Hassan and Mandy got married at the start of the season and will celebrate it in style at the end of the season with their families.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

question
Baharat Cafe

Started by Helmo on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post April 07, 2009, 04:33:52 PM
by kalkan kitty
xx
Baharat and Nar Restaurants

Started by turkeyfan on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post July 03, 2009, 02:59:41 PM
by Reygirl
xx
Şeyma Baharat

Started by Mercimek on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post December 13, 2012, 10:34:30 PM
by Charlie
xx
Baharat opens its doors last nights

Started by cleworthallray on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 27, 2020, 02:13:15 PM
by NormskiD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

kalkan cats

Views: 4287
By: jujus
Fener Bar