Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Baharat and Nar Restaurants  (Read 3740 times)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Baharat and Nar Restaurants
« on: June 04, 2009, 07:38:53 PM »
We decided to try a couple of the new restaurants in Kalkan when we were over last week.

We tried Nar (used to be Likya) on our first night. The food was really good and we thought the prices were reasonable (equiv of £15 per head) BUT we waited ages for the food to arrive - over 1 hour until the 2 starters arrived and the restaurant wasn''t full.  However we put it down to teething troubles and will probably try it again.

A few nights later we tried Baharat (was Arena) and it was absolutely fantastic.  We knew the guys who are running it from when the worked in the Samira Deluxe and they really looked after us - complementary garlic bread and after dinner drinks.  We had more drinks and starters and it worked out at £13 per head.  Really would recommend it.

We''re back in 6 weeks and have a few more newbies on our list to visit. 

So many restaurants....so little time!!  ;D ;D

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3616.0
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline claire

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: Baharat and Nar Restaurants
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:46:20 PM »
We tried Nar too.  Sat on the roof terrace and enjoyed the most wonderful view.  The service was brilliant - attentive and quick.  Food was excellently presented and very nice.  My husband''s lamb was tasty but a little tough. My chicken stuffed with almonds etc was lovely though!  Very enjoyable night.  Makes me hungry just thinking about it...

:P

Offline clooneyrooney

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »
We tried both these restaurants last week when we were in Kalkan and were very impressed.

Baharat .... We went last Thursday which was Jazz night, thankfully we had reserved our table because it  was full. The service and food was excellent. I had a lamb dish and the meat was so tender it melted in my mouth. The atmosphere was great and all the staff are lovely.

Nar Restaurant .... Had a great meal here too, very reasonable in price, brilliant service and the puddings are too die for !!! .... Would defo recommend the hot chocolate pudding .

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 07:29:37 AM »
Can someone please let me know where the Baharat is.  It sounds a must place to visit.  I have seen the Nar website and it looks superb

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:53:16 AM »
Just opposite the Merkez, a little further up. Have a look on KTLN website there''s a great map of most businesses in Kalkan and it''s very up-to-date as it includes the new restaurants and bars. Think you have to be a member to access this, but it''s free to join.

www.turkishlocalnews.com

:)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 09:54:01 AM »
Bahrat is now what used to be the Arena restaurant. 

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 10:19:53 AM »
Sorry but what is the KTLN website?

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »
alshepuk

Just click on the link provided by kalkan4eva - that will take you straight onto KTLN - but basically it''s a local news site with loads of info what''s happening day 2 day - just keeps people up to date - it''s a brilliant site, give it a try!

Offline anoife

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Baharat
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 03:15:31 PM »
Agree with others Baharat is excellent and definitely worth a visit or two.  We went twice and both times food and service were brilliant.  I want to go back as they are many more dishes need trying out.  I had the steak and the meat was so tender, no need for steak knives, yum (the pepper sauce exceptionally good). 2 friends had the lamg shank and the meat just fell off the bone and the taste was so good. Another night I had a like a lamb stew, which had figs, almonds and can''t remember the other ingredient, wasn''t sure how it would work but it was delicious we had to ask the chef for the recipe!

Try the place out for yourself, I''d be interested in what others think, it''s just down the main street, past Infinity Gold on the right.

Offline Helmo

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 02:55:51 PM »
Just back from 2 weeks in Kalkan and had 2 fantastic meals in baharat restaurant, definitely my new best place to eat in Kalkan.  The pepper sauce with the steak was the best I have tasted anywhere, and the lamb shank also amazing.  The hot prawn starter was also a winner.  Will definitely be paying a return visit when next in Kalkan.  Well done to Metin and Hasan - a real winner.

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 02:59:41 PM »
I had lunch at the Nar last week and was very disappointed with the food :(  But the building is lovely with fabulous toilets!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Şeyma Baharat

Started by Mercimek on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

3 Replies
Last post December 13, 2012, 10:34:30 PM
by Charlie
xx
Baharat Restaurant

Started by Mackem on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post October 01, 2009, 05:41:10 PM
by howmad
question
Baharat Cafe

Started by Helmo on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

2 Replies
Last post April 07, 2009, 04:33:52 PM
by kalkan kitty
xx
Baharat opens its doors last nights

Started by cleworthallray on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

1 Replies
Last post July 27, 2020, 02:13:15 PM
by NormskiD

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

The Drink

Views: 3365
By: Chucky
Kalkan Red Sunset.JPG