Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Samira deluxe appartmets  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Mitch17a

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Samira deluxe appartmets
« on: September 19, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »
How long would it take to walk into town? I know there is an hourly courtesy bus but was wondering how long it would take to walk it
Are there any recommended Restaurants/Bars near to the appartments or is it better to go into the town?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4406.0

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
Re: Samira deluxe appartmets
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
Less than 10 mins you can either cut through the side streets, by walking straight down from the SD cross the road down some steps and just head downwards. You can also walk up to the Bus Station and then down in to town via the main road. We tend to take the first option as it brings you out near the centre of town, you'll soon work out the slight deviations you can make.   

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »
The Mediteran hotel is only around 5 mins level walk from the Samira Deluxe and is well worth a visit for the very good restaurant and view (walk about 20m uphill from the Samira and turn right at the crossroad then just walk along this road until you come to the hotel, when pass a bright yellow building on your left you are about halfway there.

Also, if you look down the side road where the yellow building is you will see a green hotel, 
   We didn't get to eat there, but went for a drink on the last day of our holiday. The owner
   was very friendly and the food, real Turkish home cooking, looked and smelt good.     

The quickest way into town is to cross the main road just past the point where the second  side road down from the Samira joins the main road at about a 45 degree angle. On the other side there is a path that takes you across the verge and after that its just follow the road down into town.  This way its a genuine 10mins into the centre.

Coming back up the hill is obviously a bit more challenging but we usually walk back, as a way of doing something to work off all the food/drink.
Hard to advise if this for you as comments in our guest book range from "only possible for Olympic tri-athletes" to "we all managed it without difficulty, including our 5yr old daughter and 70year old parents".  For me (50ish not been inside a gym for 30yrs) its quite tough the first time but gets easier as the fortnight goes on, until by the end its almost a stroll.

Unless things have improved recently, I don't think the courtesy bus still runs hourly - earlier this year it was being heavily restricted because of pressure from the taxi drivers, with no buses at popular times and having to pick up well outside of the town centre.

Offline fitwenchdidyell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 07:27:59 PM »
Hi - I have just got back from our stay at Samira DL (I have posted a full report in 'Holiday Reports' section)

Don't worry its a good place to stay. 

The shuttle bus only runs 4 times a day now and only takes you to/picks up from near one of the banks so you are almost 2/3 of the way back by the time you get to pick up point.  It saves the climb past the cemetery and across the bus station.  We used it just once when we had done some shopping (my weekly fruit supply - so heavy duty carrying!!)

The most direct route in the steepest, so easy going down but less so coming up again.  Cross the new road, then go down the steps into No. 3 Street then pass the mosque then the Bedyliere (sp??) building and football pitch, then turn right heading down a level street towards Omar's Kitchen, turn left then follow your nose to town.

We used to go down that way although there are other routes, it took about 10 -15 mins right into the thick of the action.

Coming back up took about 15-20 mins and we cut out some of the steepness by walking back up Sehitler Street again passing Omar's Kitchen but keep on straight ahead and do the longer less steep climb past the cemetery to the Bus Station, turn right and walk across the front of the bus station where its flat and you can get your breath back then cross the new road and up to Samira DL.

It gets easier the more you do it (honestly)  I teach exercise for my job, and normally going back to work after a holiday is a struggle but this time I was back in full flow, strutting my stuff and yelling and screaming at the classes and not a bit out of puff!!

For a change from eating in town, go up to Mediteran for a meal so you get the uphill stuff done on the way there and can saunter down again after dinner (it was my fave place to be anyway!!)

They sell bread at the petrol station if you don't fancy an early morning walk down to the supermarket - its a bit more expensive and they only seem to have white bread, but all the bread was great and cheap!!

Swimming pool at Samira DL is nice and big (25 breast strokes from end to end for me) and lots of decent sunbeds around all free.  The music tends to be a bit annoying so IPod and similar with your own choice playing directly into your own ears and brain is a good idea.

We only had one lunch there and it was fine.  There is a selection on offer and standard prices and each day there is a Set Menu thats very cheap (between 19 and 26 YTL for 3 courses) if you like that sort of thing.  They also have a Turkish Night or BarBQ night each week.

I'm sure you will enjoy it, we did  ;)

Born To Run - the Boss rules!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Samira Deluxe Apartments vs. Samira Deluxe Apart Hotel

Started by klakanmanno on Accommodation and Hotels

8 Replies
Last post March 01, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
by Kalkan-Mina
xx
Is there a difference between the Samira Hotel and Samira Deluxe

Started by lblizard on Accommodation and Hotels

7 Replies
Last post February 13, 2009, 08:40:01 PM
by Chucky
xx
samira deluxe or samira gardens

Started by izzy35 on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post May 16, 2009, 09:06:32 PM
by Chucky
xx
Samira Deluxe

Started by simonwg on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

4 Replies
Last post June 17, 2012, 09:44:03 PM
by tonik1945

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal