Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Best boat ip in may? Possible private hire for 8?  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Llondon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
Best boat ip in may? Possible private hire for 8?
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:21:09 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find some info n boat trips,

Are there all day trips which include lunch and drinks?

Does anyone have recommendations or prices to hand?

How many people do the boats take out?

There will be 8 of us, it would be great for it to be just us without having to pay a premium

Thanks v much!

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8978.0

Offline davenottm

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
Re: Best boat ip in may? Possible private hire for 8?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
I can recommend Romantik - they have two boats and eight of went on the "smaller" one which I think could take twelve as there were that many beds on the deck. I think we paid TL300 in August 2011 which worked out at about £15 a head for the day. Drinks were extra but were not expensive. We had a lovely cooked lunch and at around 4:00 they brought us a huge platter of fresh fruit. There were two crew and they were not in your face at all - which is what we wanted. It was a lovely day out and the swimming/snorkelling was great. We hope to use these guys again when we go back in August this year. Not sure if the rules let me post a web link, but Google Romantik Kalkan.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »
Everyone on here has a favourite boat....ours is Moby Dick. For most of the smaller boats you could hire them exclusively and all the prices are fairly standard. If you enter boat trips into the search facility you will find lots of info. Enjoy!

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »
I'd recommend Muddy Boat, which I think holds 8, for private hire - we paid £200 last year in the height of the season (August) for 5 of us to have the boat exclusively when it was our youngest daughter's 18th. We had a tremendous day out with an amazing lunch (which included freshly caught Mackerel off the side of the boat) and all the extras like cake and fresh fruit platters. Fahti also provided an amazing birthday cake (FOC) for our daughter. Alcoholic drinks are always extra with these trips, but soft drinks are included  as well as tea and coffee.
Also Chillout is a great boat, but its slightly bigger so you will need to pay for the extra places you are not taking up.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline AllanChris

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 07:30:23 PM »
Everyone on here has a favourite boat....ours is Moby Dick. For most of the smaller boats you could hire them exclusively and all the prices are fairly standard. If you enter boat trips into the search facility you will find lots of info. Enjoy!
Have to say we would recommend the 2 Moby Dick boats, Deniz and Recep are lovely guys. They really look after you and serve great food. they have a family restaurant as well. Cheers, Allan..
Keep On Rockin' In The Free World!

Offline Lizilu20

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 307
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 12:37:07 PM »
 Hi Llondon.
It seems that Cpt. Ergun is doing a bit of advertising on this thread and a few others!!  ::)
 However my family and I hired his boat for a day in 2010 while we were staying in Kas and I have to say we had a fab day out. The girls really enjoyed the donut rides  (from the little speedboat he has on the main boat) and Kayaks which he supplied, he also took some great underwater pictures of us all free of charge and emailed them to us when we got home. He caught some fish and BBQ'd it to be included in our lunch which was delicious. I was very ill with the dreaded virus the day before (when we should have had our trip) and he very kindly, for no extra charge juggled his bookings around for us.
We have also used  Cpt Abdi's boats Pina X 1 and 2 while staying in Kalkan and can wholeheartedly also recommend these. Reasonable price for personal hire and delicious food all in with the price. With all of the above, the only extras we paid for were the alcoholic drinks and in the case of the Gulsah (Cpt Erguns ), we paid extra for the donut rides but the kayaks were free of charge.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the gulets in the harbour, they all seem similar, however I can only comment on the ones we have used ourselves.

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 01:02:38 PM »
I've removed the posts that were advertising and explain the rules ,so hopefully it won't happen again. People can advertise free of charge on the Kalkan Directory section on the main website.

Offline VillaDundarKAS

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
    • Holiday Villa Rental with magnificent sea view and private swimmingpool in Kas
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »
Hi there,

I would recommend captain Ergun if you would like to have a private boat trip in Kas - Kekova area.
You can find him in google if you search for "captain ergun kas"

Holiday accommodation with magnificent sea view & private swimming pool in Kas.
www.villadundar.com

Offline Roxie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »
Hi,
Yes,
we all have our favourites.
We have used Anil and Captain Ali for years!
Rx

Offline cptergun

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
    • boattripturkey.com
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 11:12:50 PM »
Dear Travellers,

The experience of the Blue Voyage enables you to explore the beauty of nature while being immersed in ancient history and rejuvenating your spirit.  Every year thousands choose Kaş, Kalkan and Kekova area for their holidays with the aim of freeing themselves of the exhausting and weighty work schedules and routines with a peaceful holiday full of remarkable memories.  Beyond the experiences land has to offer around Kaş, Kalkan and Kekova to maximize your Mediterranean experience, to feel truly intimate with the sea, travellers wishing to complete the colour palette of their time spent in this region will rest their spirits anchored in its quiet bays.

It is possible to find alternative tours in the Kaş, Kalkan and Kekova area of course.  The important thing is to select the tour and boat that fulfil your specific desires.  To hire a private boat will give you and your friends and family absolute privacy and freedom, a certain amount of control over the journey. To see and experience the beauties of Kaş from the sea will add unimaginable colour to your memories. 

I hope my message will not be removed again

Have a nice holiday!!

Captain Ergun

http://www.linkedtube.com/nGpeo2aaZys67a1933433be963dff3b45d575989f5d.htm
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:44:47 AM by Enjoy Kalkan »
Kas, Kalkan and Kekova’s premier daily boat trip & gulet charter operator in Turkey.
         www.boattripturkey.com

No1 Things to do In Kas on Tripadvisor

Offline lesley-ac

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 10:48:51 PM »
Hi Again Llondon,

Yes the smaller boats in the harbour only take 8 so a 'private' booking is easy, and they're the same price per head as the larger ones.  You can wander along the harbour as they come back from a day out or later in the evening to book.  Some have phone numbers or even e-mail to organise for few days ahead.

Personal fave is Sunset II, but their Sunset I is smaller.  Similarly Yildiz I and Zeus are '8ers'.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 11:58:47 PM »
the smaller Yildiz boat is no more  :(
Adem and Osman have two boats that now cater for 12 each.

Offline Babs

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 111
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:59 AM »
I think Moby Dick have one boat for 8 and one for 12......always our boats of choice....lovely captains and great food.....they have a facebook page and website so you can book in advance

Offline Bdancer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 24
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
We would also recommend Moby Dick for private charters, the food has always been excellent and the crew are very friendly
Isis

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Private Boat Hire

Started by mustafaayse on General Discussion

23 Replies
Last post February 15, 2010, 09:01:53 AM
by Charlie
xx
Private boat hire

Started by Livingproof on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

14 Replies
Last post May 18, 2012, 08:44:47 PM
by Livingproof
xx
Private boat trips

Started by anyascarrot on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post August 28, 2010, 04:06:12 PM
by kevincat99
xx
Private boat trip for 2 ... recommendations please!

Started by lynnem1 on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

1 Replies
Last post September 08, 2012, 10:27:08 PM
by Skunk

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal