Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hair and Makeup help.  (Read 5172 times)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Hair and Makeup help.
« on: August 31, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »
This is aimed at the femail members really (tho if you're a gent who has a cut & finish then please feel free to give me your opinions)  ;)

Can you recommend any hairdressers and beauty therapists who would be able to do bridal hair and makeup (preferably at our apartment but would come into town if necessary).  Also quite a few of the guests at of our wedding have asked will they be able to get their hair done on the day of our wedding so a list of recommeded hairdressers would be great please.

Thanks for your help.
Kay

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4288.0
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Hair and Makeup help.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 06:59:29 PM »
At the risk of advertising, can I widen this debate and ask the ladies whether there are any places in Kalkan that do nails and make-up?  I tend to settle for a rubdown with a damp cloth and an angle grinder for the nails, but Mrs E did evening classes in nails last year (real and fake nails) and does herself up very nicely and is perhaps looking at going into business in thıs area.  Any views?

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »
I would go to her!  It's about time the ladies of Kalkan get a bit of pampering like the men do!  ;D

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:49:20 PM »
I use the salon above the chemist next to Ilban ( along the street with all the banks) They do hair and make up also manicures/pedicures sorry not false/fake.......not sure if they will come to the apartment though.
Must admit it would be good to have a nail salon and if Mrs E can do eyelash tinting I think she'll do very well.
Good luck with the wedding............ have a brill time.........
You could always arrange for a car to take and pick up I'm sure if you tell them it's for a wedding they would decorate the car for you, like they do for local weddings.
best regards
T

Offline butterfly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:03:35 AM »
The hairdresser I have been going to for the last 5 years and can thoroughly recommend does weddings. I so enjoy watching the bride, her family and friends being transformed for the big day.  She does the lot:  hair, manicure, eyebrow plucking and makeup beautifully. I'm not sure whether she could visit you at your apartment though.  Her name is Huraye and she is in the centre of the village across the green from where Daphne's used to be.  Telephone 02428442026.

ps  Does Mrs Eniste do nail extentions? If so, could you pm me, please.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »
Thanks Ladies,

I will pop and see them both when I am over in a few weeks.

Do you know what we would expect to pay for a wash and blow dry?

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »
Saime at Elite Wellbeing (below Sofra) does nails - but again, don't think she does extensions or false nails.
I'm with Tiamaria - eyelash tinting - and perhaps waxing would be good. I'd wait until I got to Kalkan for alll my "summer essentials" if it was on offer ;)
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline butterfly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 09:41:58 PM »
One of the bonuses of living here is how little it costs compared to the UK for hairdressing and manicures plus the fact that the Turkish are really good at both.  I get a full head of two colours of highlights, haircut, manicure, pedicure, eyebrow threading plus a haircut by Huraye for under £60, although I can't specify how much each treatment costs individually. She also does eyelash and eyebrow tinting and hair removal.

Offline Rosie

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 08:25:50 AM »
Huraye charges 5TL for Eyebrow threading - also same price at Atlantis Wellness at the back of the Yali Centre. Both do a great job

Offline jinfizzz

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 11:01:26 AM »
Amazing when you think of what they charge in London for that.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »
ERRRRR! excuse me for being dumb...but as a chap of the man variety...what is eyebrow threading? ...it amazes me why women pull there eyebrows out then paint them back!! ::)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline butterfly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 11:32:52 AM »
Eyebrow threading is a very efficient way of removing stray brows and giving a nice clean shape to the eyebrow.  There are plenty of men around who could really do with it, especially the ones whose brows meet in the middle!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »
Top of the dodgy eyebrow list has to be politician Denis Healy..followed by Alistair Darling...it would cost a few quid to sort those ones out!! ;D ;D

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
..the Gallagher Brothers also have the monobrow...and some pretty mean tempers - do you think it's related?
Thanks for the info about Huraye, Butterfly. I might pop in for an eyelash tint when we are there next month and see how it goes.
Turkeyfan, are you going to do a wedding makeup and hair rehearsal? Nothing worse than not liking either on your big day  :P

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 08:08:42 PM »
ERRRRR! excuse me for being dumb...but as a chap of the man variety...what is eyebrow threading? ...it amazes me why women pull there eyebrows out then paint them back!! ::)
Try this link about threading. http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-thread-eyebrows

Offline itstime

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 46
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 08:37:52 PM »
ouch ???

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »
Why go through all that when you can just light a fag on a windy day and lose half your facial hair? ;D

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 09:26:09 AM »
K4E, yes would definately have to go for a trial-imagine if I hated it with an hour to go to the ceremony!

Ive decided to do the same as you but I'm going to have for a pedicure in a few weeks and see how it turns out.

Butterfly - what's the name of Huraye's shop?

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal