Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Best place for an all day full English Breakfast  (Read 9100 times)

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: Yes
Best place for an all day full English Breakfast
« on: July 24, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »
Visitors to kalkan will notice that as the place grows more and more places are catering for British gastronomic needs. Of course one of our favourites is the full english fry-up, available all day just as it is at home.
 I don't know about you but my favourite time of day for this culinary extravaganza is around 6pm, just b4 I hit the town for a belly full of bottled lager. I'm sure forum users will have their own prefered time of day for this great meal.
  Here's a few places where the fry-up is available, for those visitors to kalkan who don't know;

number one (and my favourite), The tornado restaurant on the kalamar road, double fried egg double bacon, sausage, baked beans (straight from the tin), mushrooms, tomatoes and of course toast.  Huge and as good as any as you'd get back home in the U.K

2. The Swan Pub on sheyhitler street, a bit small but Sonias an old hand at the FEB having studied the technique during her years living in Tottenham

3. The Merkez, An old favourite but don't always use the best bacon and the eggs are sometimes a bit hard, but great location

4. The kalkan Park Cafe, new to town, whilst the fry-up here's not bad, I think the overall flavour will improve as the chef gathers momentum with experience
5. The Tomato (or chicheks as it's fondly known as) used to do a lovely FEB, but not so sure since Mustapha left and Chichek got drafted

Feel free to add to the list and pass any comments on the quality

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3953.0
never buy a house anywhere without an independent surveyors report

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Best place for an all day full English Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 06:07:18 PM »
Still miffed about the crime debate from last week?  Perhaps a new site called Endure Kalkan is not far away!

I have had one of Sonia's bacon sandwiches at the Swan, which are quality.  If the Swan is a bit small, I am not aware of that many large restaurants in Kalkan.  Oh, I see - the breakfast not the bar itself.

Other than that, Danny's cafe, where Ayten and Mehmet look after you very well.  Not sure of the exact address, but it's just across the road from Theobalds Grove Railway Statıon, just minutes from exit 25 of the M25

Nobody said it had to be in Kalkan and I would doubt that any FEB or even FIB here would match many of the greasy spoons in North London
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:25:57 PM by EniÅŸte »

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:16:16 PM »
Kim very sad you even take time to compile such a list  :angel:

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:29:50 PM »
I agree FEB in Kalkan is pretty old hat.

This years exciting new development is the Sunday roast dinner - roast beef (cooked to a nice shade of grey I presume), roast potatoes, carrots peas and gravy with a steamed pud to follow; two spottings, at the Samira and somewhere else but cannot recall the name.

Offline misty

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 102
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:36:34 PM »
My God it gets worse  ;) what next fish and chips, pie and mash jellied eels....  :angel: :angel:

I wonder if the German tourists want Sauerkraut and swinehaxon served in the restraunts......I think not :-\ :-\

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 06:57:59 PM »
Go to Alanya where German tourists go in numbers ..you will see these things on menus.......Auf weidersehen Pet ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:22:34 PM »
Alantj this is available at cafe Zula and according to M and M is excellent ;D

Offline Denners

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »
Recommend Tomato for FEB !

Offline paulie1955

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »
I wont return to Kalkan unless all restaurants offer a FEB!

Offline molly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 8
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 11:27:02 AM »
Ohh you have all missed the Aubergine it has fab breakfasts of all conertations be it healthy or full fry up!!! and big portions too!! Cant wait 12.00o'clock breakfast and a bottle of LAL to wash it down 

Offline tiamaria

• Home Sweet Home
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 2
  • Oooo what a view and it's mine
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »
Have you all gone mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you want english food why go to Kalkan..... I'm sorry I just don't understand..........

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 07:56:04 AM »
Actually there are people who live here who occasionally may fancy a change from Turkish food - but it would appear that we are not allowed it now - in case it upsets people who come here for a couple of weeks holiday....again it's freedom of choice !!

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »
As much as i like Turkish cuisine,if someone wants to sell me an English breakfast and i want to eat one then it's no one elses business....... (Nice to see the wum thread failed miserably by the way ;))

Offline Mercimek

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 07:14:46 AM »
Not that it's my thing but my friends all rave about the FEB at Ilban Retuarnt, just next to the Seville Market

Offline kim21

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 03:12:49 PM »
blue lizard, what on earth is the 'wum thread'

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »
WUM = WÄ°ND UP MERCHANT

Offline mustafaayse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 12:27:11 PM »
We were in Kalkan for 3 weeks in June and I confess, towards the end we were in AliBaba after a night of Efes and I saw Egg and Chips on the menu. I never thought twice, they were divine, complemented with half an Ekmek.

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 01:32:39 PM »
HAHA......get ready for the gasps of disapproval!! >:D(are you a dipper or a sarnie maker or do you dip your sarnie?) ;D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:37:33 PM by blue lizard »

Offline Cheesecake

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »
very disappointing to see bad manners has slipped back onto the forum, with insults or criticism of forum members allowed.
Ä° for one enjoy a full english breakfast myself and so do my family, tried the Tornado caf on the kalamar road and have to agree the fry-up there was really great and only 9tl.
  To add tto the lıst Atlantis on the kalamar road and a few more places down in the old town.
 Cannot understand why people have to resort to rudeness however when they see a thread whıch doesnt ınterest them.
 Try and remember, if you havent got anything nice to say, then dont say nothıng at all.
 Thanks kim I found the list really helpful

Offline jobly

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 09:09:21 AM »
Visitors to kalkan will notice that as the place grows more and more places are catering for British gastronomic needs. Of course one of our favourites is the full english fry-up, available all day just as it is at home.
 I don't know about you but my favourite time of day for this culinary extravaganza is around 6pm, just b4 I hit the town for a belly full of bottled lager. I'm sure forum users will have their own prefered time of day for this great meal.
  Here's a few places where the fry-up is available, for those visitors to kalkan who don't know;

number one (and my favourite), The tornado restaurant on the kalamar road, double fried egg double bacon, sausage, baked beans (straight from the tin), mushrooms, tomatoes and of course toast.  Huge and as good as any as you'd get back home in the U.K

2. The Swan Pub on sheyhitler street, a bit small but Sonias an old hand at the FEB having studied the technique during her years living in Tottenham

3. The Merkez, An old favourite but don't always use the best bacon and the eggs are sometimes a bit hard, but great location

4. The kalkan Park Cafe, new to town, whilst the fry-up here's not bad, I think the overall flavour will improve as the chef gathers momentum with experience
5. The Tomato (or chicheks as it's fondly known as) used to do a lovely FEB, but not so sure since Mustapha left and Chichek got drafted

Feel free to add to the list and pass any comments on the quality

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
English Breakfast (dare I ask !)

Started by bluefudge11 on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

10 Replies
Last post July 18, 2008, 11:19:35 AM
by bluefudge11
xx
breakfast

Started by Bexscho on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

11 Replies
Last post July 04, 2012, 01:21:18 PM
by Jamera
xx
What's for breakfast?

Started by BoyWonder on General Discussion

15 Replies
Last post May 02, 2008, 11:06:12 AM
by Brooksie
xx
breakfast

Started by Babs on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

24 Replies
Last post October 20, 2011, 08:10:54 PM
by kalkan4eva

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal