Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Resturants and bars  (Read 3325 times)

Offline woody

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Resturants and bars
« on: June 18, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to know, I''m taking my 2 children to Kalkan very soon, the restaurants sound
fantastic, especially if it was just  for me and my husband, is there a middle range where i can take my kids i don''t think they would appreciate fancy food every day, and are there places we can just have a drink and soak up the atmosphere. My kids are 11 yrs & 13 Yrs old .

Thanks Tracy x

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3705.0

Offline msr

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
Re: Resturants and bars
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 04:06:01 PM »
Hi,
  You will have no trouble finding middle range restaurants to accommodate your 2 children. I think you will find you are spoilt for choice. Many places will serve a child sized portion if needed and certainly not all the restaurants are fancy food. You will enjoy looking at all the restaurants and then deciding where to eat. The harbour front restaurants are on average more expensive, and as you walk back up through the town the prices tend to get cheaper. There are also some cafes that do meals. You won''t be disappointed!

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 04:30:47 PM »
We first found Kalkan just 2 years ago when my girls were 11 and 13 and they fell in love with it too.

As msr said there are plenty of mid range restaurants as well as the expensive, ''posher'' ones.  They will love Kaya as the owner Kadir comes to the table and does magic.  My girls still love it and we always fit in a visit everytime we go.

There is a new ice cream parlour on the Kalamar Road that the kids should like too.

Enjoy your first visit....I bet it won''t be your last!
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline The Engineer

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
    • The Engineer
  • Owner: Yes
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 04:41:30 PM »
There is also Cafe'' Yaz on the kalamar road (New this year) opposite the Ice Cream Parlour and they cater for children with burgers and pides and snacky type food well priced and good portions.

Plenty of restaurants serve pizza.

You will have a great time trying them all.

M

Offline woody

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
Ha Ha Thanks everyone can you believe i,m writing this lot down so i don''t forget.

Cheers Tracy

Offline Chucky

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 16
  • Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive!!
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »
Our grand daughters loved Cafe Vita. The eldest is a fussy eater at the best of times but she voted the chips and chicken kebab from there as the best meal ever!!!!

Offline alisonh

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 3
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 12:13:15 AM »
We too are bringing children along on our next visit in August.  We will probably alternate the ''posher'' restaurants with ones which cater more for children as I''m sure the pizza, chips and ice-cream will be more to their taste (fussy eaters also).  Kaya is already on the list but it''s nice to know there are plenty of alternatives.

Tracy - Our favourite place to sit, relax and soak up the atmosphere is along the harbour front. There are a couple of bars at the far end, overlooking the beach, and the restaurants there, i.e. Aubergine, Trio and Ilyada have nice comfortable seating in the bar area which is separate from the restaurant tables.  They will welcome you just for a drink and it''s a great place to sit and watch the world go by. There are plenty of other places and everyone has their favourite, I''m sure you won''t be dissappointed.

Alison

Offline woody

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 04:47:45 PM »
Thanks Alison

Offline alshepuk

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 05:06:06 PM »
You can spend hours looking at menus.  I agree with all the other postings the restaurants all very welcoming especially with children.  Have a great time.

Offline popps

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »
Hi Tracy,

Recently returned from Kalkan with my two children (aged 12 and 9). Good value restaurants which they enjoyed included Atlantis Suites (pizza = 5 lira), Merkez, Oz Adana, Papparazi (the owner offers free meals for my son), Omar''s Kitchen, to name a few ...

I''m sure you won''t have any problems. Enjoy!

Offline woody

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 09:02:51 AM »
Thanks everyone it all sounds great, so excited to be going but also nervous, after reading everyones
reports about Kalkan i hope its one of those places to me in which i will want to return over and over again,
not found that in other places we have visited, IE Egypt, and Lanzorote, they were both nice, but not again unless it was a cheap holiday deal.

Cheers Tracy x

PS I think by the sound of the restaurants i will have to go on a diet when i get back.

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 04:49:37 PM »
...don''t worry about the diet, Tracy...the Kalkan hills will sort you out  ;D ;D
By the way, Merkez is great for watching the world go by and excellent value for money as far as food is concerned. Tomato is also a good place for simple, more authentic Turkish food for your children to try without breaking the bank.
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt :)

Offline woody

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 05:39:52 PM »
Oh My God is it that bad, I think someone mentioned cardiac hill, no high heels then.

Tracy x

Offline kalkan4eva

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 267
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
..high heels and Kalkan???? our survey says "ehh uhh". I''m only parted from my ridiculously high shoes for our Kalkan trips, but it''s a necessity  >:(
Type "high heels" into the search box and there''s a plethora of good reasons why they should be left at home.
We see the hills as a reason to indulge...and sometimes a challenge after said indulging  :P :P
Enjoy x

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Good fish resturants

Started by jcac on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

7 Replies
Last post July 05, 2008, 04:17:46 PM
by lolly
recycled
Gay Bars?

Started by MrBodrum on General Discussion

6 Replies
Last post September 10, 2008, 08:00:16 AM
by Chucky
xx
New bars/old bars

Started by fidimax on General Discussion

4 Replies
Last post January 05, 2009, 09:10:12 PM
by RosiB
xx
New bars

Started by katmanjock on Restaurants, Bars, Nightlife & Shopping

0 Replies
Last post August 19, 2008, 08:57:44 PM
by katmanjock

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Tlos

Views: 3734
By: jofoss
Views of Kalkan