Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Villa Nergiz location help  (Read 7455 times)

Offline nightshift

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Villa Nergiz location help
« on: May 20, 2009, 02:15:18 PM »
Hi there, after a lovely holiday in Kalkan in Sept 2007, we have decided to come back for our honeymoon in Sept this year!
We''ve used Tapestry holidays again but this time gone for Villa Nergiz, which they have told me is walking distance to Kalkan. Could anyone confirm that?

http://www.tapestryholidays.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81&Itemid=244

Thanks

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3512.0

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
  • Owner: Yes
Re: Villa Nergiz location help
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »
Welcome to our friendly forum! 

Well - anywhere is within walking distance..depending on how far you want to walk..!!   ;) ;)  The brochure says that the villa overlooks Kalamar bay despite saying that it is half way between kalkan and kalamar - so yes - it is within walking distance but it will be a long and hot (hotter if you are going at the beginning of September) walk and perhaps longer than you might want to do twice a day necessitating taxis or a hire car.  The brochure states 20 mins walk to kalkan and 25 mins to the harbour...I would say that would be a good fast walking pace!! 

Have a lovely wedding and honeymoon!  :D
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Suffolk folk

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 05:02:14 PM »
Not sure exactly where your villa is but, if it helps, we are right in Kalamar Bay and my OH (63 and no athlete!) walks in nearly every day and thoroughly enjoys his "scenic 20 min stroll" to Tesko (Sevil as was).  It certainly works for us to walk in and get our fix of the buzz in the town and return to the peace of Kalamar.

Offline kalkanbabe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
Hi Nightshift

We are also going to the Villa Nergiz in September through Tapestry.  When are you actually going?
In reply to the location, I think it is on the Kalamar Road past the Asfiya and The Elixir on the right.  Anyone else feel free to correct this.

Regards

Kalkanbabe  :)

Offline kalkankiki

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 4
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 07:37:58 PM »
villa nergiz is located up a road to the right opp the elixir hotel, about 5 mins walk beyond the asfiya. walking down will be easy, but you may wish to take a taxi back up depending on how fit you are!

Offline howmad

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 5
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 10:11:30 PM »
We live just a bit further down Kalamar road and I doubt that it could possibly take you more than 10 minutes at a slow stroll. We do it on a daily basis and could not possibly be described as young and fit.The only time you would need a taxi is if you had a big shop and that is unlikely as there is a well stocked shop within 200 yards(can can market) and soon to be another near Cafe Vita (tesko).It is all down hill into town but at night walking back aids the digestion!(Its an age thing) Have fun.

Offline nightshift

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 03:49:09 PM »
Thanks for all the replies and info given - that''s great and puts my mind at ease that we are actually walking distance although i suspect we might end up using the taxis on a few of the nights!

Kalkanbabe - we are arriving on Mon 21st Sept for 1 week (we get married on the the 19th). Are you there before or after us?

Offline kalkanbabe

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 05:52:02 PM »
Hi Nightshift

We arrive on 7th September for 2 weeks. 

Have a lovely honeymoon!

Offline Mrs Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 13
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 05:56:50 PM »
Congratulations for your forthcoming wedding hope the planning is going ok. We shall also be celebrating our honeymoon in Kalkan in September and didn''t want to be anywhere else for it. Have you thought of any romantic things you want to do whilst you''re there ?

Offline caradog

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 23
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 07:12:33 PM »
High Nightshift. 15 minutes pleasant walking will easily get you into town. The majority of the walk back (Kalamar Road) is really easy apart from a hill just before your villa (Lizo Hotel at the top). This is relatively short and nothing like the hill up to the villas past the market.
We are in our late 50''s and walk down and back every evening. Making it back within 15 minutes most nights.

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 10:18:15 AM »
Don''t forget to walk the opposite way as well down into Kalamar Bay, either to the beach club or the free beach area.  If you don''t you''ll be missing out!

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »
High Nightshift. 15 minutes pleasant walking will easily get you into town. The majority of the walk back (Kalamar Road) is really easy apart from a hill just before your villa (Lizo Hotel at the top). This is relatively short and nothing like the hill up to the villas past the market.
We are in our late 50''s and walk down and back every evening. Making it back within 15 minutes most nights.
Hi all
We have booked the Nergis for a week in October. Is is built up around the area? Lots of neighbours? Bit worried as OT is bringing trumpet with intention to practice as lots of trumpety commitments on return to the UK (we did discuss this with the travel operator - don't want to annoy the neighbors which is why we booked a villa if the first place).
It's not that he's a bad player   ;D - I can block it out to be honest but it would be fairly irritating to those not used to it and on holiday!
AM now a bit concerned that he will feel obliged to lock himself away whilst practicing ... can anyone shed some light on the location of the house for us? Google earth street view?
Cheers.
if you can walk you can dance

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 01:17:16 PM »
hi lorilou
we are one of your neighbours - will be out there end of october.   There are a handful of villas around you.   We love it there as it is very peaceful but in handy reach of the village - ten minute walk.   Also good supermarkets nearbye who will deliver anything you need - and they speak english which really does help.   Lovely restaurant Cafe Vita a few minutes away if you don't feel like going into the village - which we found a great asset - on those days when you can't be bothered.   Good food too and good prices.   We spent a couple of very happy months there this summer and looking forward to returning. I'm sure you will love it.  I sing as a hobby - so maybe we can do a trumpet singing duet - joke!!!  What are your dates.   Pauline

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 02:26:50 PM »
Hi Pauline
Thanks for your response. Try stopping my trumpety chap from playing - specially if you'll sing along!

I hope we wont be so close as to disturb you - is is quite built up around this area of Kalkan? He'll bring the mute to soften it but still, we are conscious of the burbling ...

We arrive 17 October for a week... you'll probably hear us ... are you there at the same time?

Perhaps we'll catch up with you!
 ;D
L

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 04:57:39 PM »
hi lorilou
don't worry - with a bit of luck the villas near you will be empty!! It is fairly built up.   
We arrive on Friday 23rd or early morning 24th - so there is probably one day when we cross over - hope so and we can meet.  let me know if you are there on saturday and will come and see you before you leave. pauline

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 10:57:51 AM »
Hi Pauline
Yes we should be there!
Really looking forward to this holiday, never been to Turkey, and to be honest I was so tired when I called the tour operator, they could have sold me almost anything. So I struck very lucky going by everyone's enthusiasm in the forums.

You sound like a regular!
Perhaps we'll ahve the chance to say hello as our dates co incide. 
Like I said before, just follow the noise to the Nergis!
Roll on October
 ;D Lorraine

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 11:39:50 AM »
hi lorilou
yes quite a regular since 1998 - and come quite a few times every year - will come and see you on the saturday - will listen  for the trumpet fanfare! not long now - can't wait to be there -i expect you feel the same.

Offline lorilou

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
    • space sense
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 04:25:33 PM »
 :D
Hi Pauline
getting closer ...
L

Offline Pauline

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 11:56:05 AM »
Hi lorilou
10 sleeps!!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Villa location?

Started by clara48 on Accommodation and Hotels

18 Replies
Last post January 13, 2010, 08:32:48 PM
by clara48
xx
Villa location

Started by dblma on Accommodation and Hotels

0 Replies
Last post February 22, 2009, 07:53:15 AM
by dblma
xx
Location of villa.

Started by clara48 on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post February 17, 2009, 08:50:30 PM
by clara48
xx
Help with villa location

Started by ladybird on Accommodation and Hotels

3 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 07:31:00 PM
by turkeyfan

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal