Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Group Bookings  (Read 2971 times)

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 17
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
Group Bookings
« on: April 02, 2009, 02:57:45 PM »
We will be making a group booking for over 30 people from Manchester - Dalaman for 31st May 2010 for just one week.

Does anyone know who does the best deals for group bookings and when next years flights get released? 

I have had a guide price from Jet2 for the same week this year - just to see if the price was different to booking individual flights and it was OVER £100 more expensive PER person to do a group booking.  I thought a group booking would be cheaper!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kay

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3166.0
Currently have a duplex apartment in Kiziltas which we visit as often as we can.

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
Re: Group Bookings
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 06:52:53 PM »
That is usually the case with large bookings.

The reason for this is that fare prices are set by a computer programme that takes into account the number of remaining seats when setting prices.  Typically only 4 to 6 seats will be avalable at any price once these are gone the next batch is sold at a higher price and for large bookings the programme takes this into account and gives a price that, depending on the company either gives you a price that reflects the average cost or applies the higher price to the whole booking.

These programmes also look at previous years booking patterns and if bookings are ahead of predictions increase, or if behind decrease them.   

Regards

Alan

Offline alantj

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 26
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »
Sorry forgot to add, you may be able to beat this by going through a holiday or flight booking company that buys a seat allocation at a set price, rather than booking direct with the airline.

Regards

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 07:04:19 PM »
Thanks Alan.

This isn''t very good news tho. 

We''re getting married in Kalkan and have told our guests that flights will be anything from £150-£250 but at this rate we''re all looking a much more than that.

Might hire a private jet instead!!!   ;) ;D ;)

K

Offline streety

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:18:38 PM »
Don''t know if Easyjet fly from Manchester, but they released their flights for this summer on the first week of December last year.  If anyone managed to book for this summer at that time  they were unbelievably cheap - around £35 each way! Obviously they rapidly go up in price.

Similarly Thomas Cook and Thomsons are also very cheap if you book early December - not Easyjet cheap but still good value.

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 10
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 09:52:12 AM »
A few yeas ago my husbands sports club arranged a holiday with Tapestry, We took over two hotels. I think the organizers got a good discount which was shared by all of us,

We flew from Gatwick on a MOnarch flight, all the check in   was done without any problems as we had our own check in, was met at Dalaman and taken to our hotels,

Brilliant holiday, not sure if you wanted flights only but we could not fault how Tapestry, they dealt with us, we even had two "haunts" free.

I wonder if Antolian Sky could help as well.

BarbH

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 02:00:37 PM »
that sounds like the good old days with Tapestry...when they used to be cheap..we used to book a week and get a week free as previous guests,Happy days!! ...perhaps thats why they went under? they are back but more expensive and more leaning towards villas than hotels like they were at one time. ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 02:55:59 PM »
I noticed they were trading again with a similar name. Does make you a bit vary if to book with them again. Our friends were booked for a gulet cruise and they went under 3 weeks before they were to fly out. They did get their money back eventuallly.

That is why I said Antolian Sky as I have heard they are pretty good but can be expensive on some of the hotels.

As you said those were the good old days.

Offline turkeyfan

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »
It might be worth reading this from trip advisor re: Tapestry

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297964-i1890-k181335-Mediterran_Apartments_in_Kalkan-Kalkan_Turkish_Mediterranean_Coast.html

It''s the last reply that is the most interesting!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:33:23 PM by turkeyfan »

Offline BarbH

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 10:34:35 PM »
Does make you wonder how firms can go bust one minute and trade under similar name the next. You hear this all the time.

Just hope my airline does not go bust like XL but that is the chance you takewhen you DIY but that is the only way to get our hotel now since he stopped trading with travel companies.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
New Facebook Group

Started by Wendy on The Everything Else Area!

0 Replies
Last post April 06, 2014, 05:50:51 PM
by Wendy
xx
Book group

Started by Alanpatfisher on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post December 02, 2008, 05:21:29 AM
by Alanpatfisher
xx
Transfer for a large group (8)

Started by daisymai on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post April 12, 2011, 04:35:08 PM
by baclava
question
Re: Walking Group Enquiry

Started by Possums on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

0 Replies
Last post January 18, 2009, 02:57:06 PM
by Possums

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

A night in Coast

Views: 771
By: turkeyfan
Kalkan