Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Goldtrail Holidays  (Read 6990 times)

Offline MarkBDixon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Goldtrail Holidays
« on: March 17, 2009, 10:23:46 AM »
Did anyone see the bit about Goldtrail on Watchdog last night? We very nearly booked with this company at The Pirat ( I think) as they were much cheaper than Thompsons who we eventually went with. After seeing Watchdog I can''t help but think we had a lucky escape.

Out of interest and for future reference has anyone used Goldtrail before and how did you rate them?

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3081.0

Offline Chris18648

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
Re: Goldtrail Holidays
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »
 >:( Last year,two weeks before I was due to travel they rang to tell me all was cancelled.No reason given......... last time for me with that company I can tell you. :-X

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »
we used them for a flight..total chaos and hours of delay with no information and no check in desk(both directions!!) :o...i would rather poke myself in the eye than use them again!!
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline RosiB

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: No
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 04:59:20 PM »
Same here BL - travelled with them a few years ago and wouldn''t willingly do it again!

Offline felicity

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 30
    • Share Post
    • Villa Kirmizi Lale
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 06:33:20 PM »
mmmm - what did the Watchdog program say..??

I too have used them for cheap Onur flights to Dalaman - but one time - they did cancel the flight without even bothering to try and contact me until I turned up at the airport and then made me fly from Bodrum the next day and put us up in the MOST grotty hotel in Icmeler - I too wont use them in a hurry!!!  >:(
Villa Kirmizi Lale - www.villakirmizilale.co.uk

Offline Enjoy Kalkan

• Administrator
  • Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 69
    • Share Post
    • EnjoyKalkan
  • Resident: No
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:56:43 PM »

Offline killabeezz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 07:09:00 PM »
>:( Last year,two weeks before I was due to travel they rang to tell me all was cancelled.No reason given......... last time for me with that company I can tell you. :-X

Mark, can I ask please how you managed to book with Thomson for the Pirat as its not one of there hotels on offer anymore ?
Thanks.

Offline MarkBDixon

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »

Mark, can I ask please how you managed to book with Thomson for the Pirat as its not one of there hotels on offer anymore ?
Thanks.

Sorry to mislead, we didn''t book the Pirat with Thomson, we booked the Korsan Apartments in the end, but we were very close to booking the Pirat with Goldtrail. It was only a few reviews I read somewhere about Goldtrail and the fact they wouldn''t send us a brochure that stopped us booking.

Offline yarmites

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 07:40:44 PM »
We went to Kalkan with Goldtrail 3 years ago and everything was great!  Decent flight from our local airport with Onur, transfer by a private hire car for just 2 of us, stayed in Kelebek Hotel now our favourite, no delays, good price.  Really couldn''t fault them.  Wouldn''t book with them again though, except the Kelebek, after we saw Watchdog!

Offline kalkan kitty

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »
I travel with Goldtrail every year, either by flight only or a package holiday, as i travel to Kalkan 2 or 3 times a year.  Im just about to book again with them and am just looking for a good price, because obviously this year everything is more expensive.  Luckily, or unluckily, i didnt see the Watchdog programme, and i hope that i wont be tempted to, because im easily swayed by programmes like this. As a single traveller, this is the only company that caters for me.  With Thomson, nothing even comes up on their website, for a single traveller, which is ridiculous, given the size of the company.  So i will continue to support Goldtrail lol. :)

Offline kalkan kitty

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 07:27:04 PM »
Sorry i meant Thomas Cook (not Thompson) - im showing my age !! :-[

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 07:31:30 PM »
Hi Cougar - I booked a package with Thomas Cook as a single traveller to the Samira Garden last September.  The single supplement was very reasonable and I was transferred with others on a bus from the airport as far as Fethiye and then had a private car to take me from there on to Kalkan. 

Offline kalkan kitty

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 07:44:30 PM »
Funnily enough i was actually looking for Samira Garden this year, cos i stayed there last October having booked hotel thru Travel Republic and having booked my flight thru Goldtrail! As most of my fellow holidaymakers all travelled with Thomas Cook, i put in a search for this summer (as Travel Republic arent doing it this year, well not for June anyway) nothing came up for a single person, just for 2.  Maybe it was the time of year?  :)

Offline mustafaayse

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 01:06:52 PM »
We went with them 3 years ago and remember getting on the transfer coach where we were all given a small bottle of water, and once the driver was sure we had opened them asked us for an English pound for them.
They used Onurair which was the worst flight I have ever had..enough said
No way would I use them again...but you get what you pay for and booking late it was all we could get.

Offline Reygirl

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 9
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 10:17:40 PM »
Hi Cougar - I''ve just done a search on the Thomas Cook website for a single room in the Samira Garden at the same time as I travelled last year (August bank holiday weekend) and it came up as available but quite a bit more than I paid last year.  However I looked for a date in June and one in mid-September and the Samira Garden wasn''t listed so they could be fully booked on the date that you are looking for. ???

Offline kalkan kitty

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »
Thanks Reygirl, i would be looking for May/June, so as u say its booked. Im looking for somewhere cheap so will probably go with Goldtrail.  Thanks for your help anyway.  :)

Offline kalkan kitty

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »
yeh Chillpill, they worked out more expensive, ive booked my flight, booked a hotel i know, and will be flying out next Saturday. ;)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Goldtrail

Started by clara 50 on Flights and Travel

2 Replies
Last post July 21, 2010, 06:41:52 PM
by Blue Lizard
xx
goldtrail

Started by samson on Flights and Travel

24 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 08:54:26 AM
by kalkan4eva
xx
What's On & Holidays

Started by Baggers on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2010, 09:18:58 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
what I did on my holidays

Started by Baggy on Holiday Reports and Reviews

2 Replies
Last post October 22, 2009, 11:29:41 PM
by fitwenchdidyell

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Kekova Trip

Views: 2731
By: Bob & Jayne
Paper Moon Hotel