Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: what I did on my holidays  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Baggy

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
what I did on my holidays
« on: October 14, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »
I can't believe that less than a week ago we were relaxing in Kalkan with an Efes and a contented smile...
We have just returned from our second dose of heaven this year and had such a great time I'm pining already.
We rented an apartment just over the main road  opposite the petrol station which meant it had fantastic views but we cursed that hill on the long walk home!
Most nights we were fortified by Efes, a bottle of Angora red and the company of wolves - especially the night I decided to carry home the remains of a leg of lamb for the five kittens sharing our garden. Stupid, stupid, stupid me; lucky, lucky, lucky dogs!
We don't do much on holiday - chill out, swim, eat, drink, mooch into town, eat, drink a bit more . . .  and Kalkan is the perfect place to do it.
Our favourite watering holes are the Atlantis (also does yummy steaks), the bar at the Seaview Terrace (I think it's called Ali Babas) and Yali's, where we ended most of the evenings.
As far as food goes we love the Ottoman House - great food, a really cool bar and Mehmet and Abdullah are great guys. Sofra, Kosk and Saffron are must visits - the credit card machine was down the night we went to Saffron and they just told us to come back tomorrow . . . which we dutifully did and were rewarded with a drink . . . maybe not everyone comes back! Our find of the week was Akdeniz (a little terrace restaurant near the No Name bar) where the food and the service were second to none. I liked Coast a lot. Very sophisticated and classy, but to be honest it could have been anywhere in the med and we try to find less international places to eat.
A boat trip, jeep safari to Saklikent Gorge . . . tip: wear short shorts! . . . and a day in Greece was about as active as we got. Funny story about the Meis trip - Omer in the Adda office is getting married at the end of the month and he sent all of us off with euros and a shopping list for his wedding booze! If any of you are going, enjoy the bacardi and the vodka!  ;)

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4577.0

Offline Hummingbird

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
Re: what I did on my holidays
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:32:32 PM »
Great report Baggy.

You successfully capture what is so special with Kalkan and Turkish people…. Trust.

Even in this age of crime and every man for himself etc they still trust people.  Its so refreshing.

We once had a meal in Spain, realised too late that the wife had left her purse at the villa and it was generally an unpleasant experience having to drive back for the purse whilst they effectively held her hostage and the children too.

What a difference!

Offline fitwenchdidyell

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
Re: what I did on my holidays
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your stay in Kalkan.

Angora red does go down well doesn't it.  We also loved Atlantis, not much to look at from the outside but the terrace provides good views of the lights up the hillside and the Aubergine stuffed with chicken was blissful   :P
Born To Run - the Boss rules!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
What's On & Holidays

Started by Baggers on General Discussion

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2010, 09:18:58 AM
by Blue Lizard
xx
Yoga Holidays`````````````````````````````````````````````````

Started by Athena on Places to Visit / Things to Do / Excursions

5 Replies
Last post August 21, 2013, 10:09:31 PM
by cptergun
xx
Style Holidays

Started by grieve1958 on General Discussion

0 Replies
Last post September 14, 2008, 08:20:27 PM
by grieve1958
xx
Goldtrail Holidays

Started by MarkBDixon on Accommodation and Hotels

16 Replies
Last post May 23, 2009, 01:55:17 PM
by kalkan kitty

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net

* Random photos from our Kalkan Photo Gallery

Holiday cat

Views: 2662
By: saskia
Teardrops