Kalkan Turkey Forum - EnjoyKalkan.com would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Truffle Residences  (Read 11964 times)

Offline Golfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 0
    • Share Post
Truffle Residences
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »
Hi,

New to the site and to Kalkan so assume I know nothing! Looking for a nice relaxing place to chill out and came across a company call Truffle Residences (see link http://www.luxuryapartmentsinturkey.com/) They appear to be new and to date have artist impression of luxury appartments. They look good as do their costs, but does anyone know who they are and what can anyone tell me about where they are in relation to the rest of Kalkan, ease of access to bars,restaurants etc.? I know what the site says but if anyone really knows the area then all the better, is it a walk or a sprint!.
If they are totally new builds (not refurbs) then it may also be a plus. Any help out there??

Cheers
Golfie

Linkback: https://www.enjoykalkan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2776.0

Offline Enişte

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
  • Owner: Yes
  • Resident: Yes
Re: Truffle Residences
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 04:21:47 PM »
Golfie

Welcome to our world.  Looking at the sketch map of the location, they could barely be more central and now that the bus station has moved up the road, the location is much quieter.  They would appear to be within a couple of minutes walk of most of the main attractions, particularly restaurants, but would be a very steep walk back up from the harbour, which you can do by walking up/across/up/across, in stages.

Being as central as they are, I would doubt that they would be a new build, but those more recently or more permanently in Kalkan may be able to fill in the gaps.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 6
    • Share Post
  • Owner: No
  • Resident: No
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 04:24:47 PM »
Hiya Golfie,welcome to EK,the "truffles" if the map on the website is correct look in a really good position,
close to eating places,bars,supermarkets ect but not to close to cause a problem with any noise,they are
imho between two and five mins to the old part of the village and a few mins extra to the beach and harbour,if they are anything to do with the Asfiya hotel they should be very nice.
All in all they look very nice and the price is good,Im in kalkan in may so I will check them out for myself.

Neil. ;D
PS. It does say on the website they are new build,but I wouldnt take that as gospel. :o
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:27:16 PM by fidimax »
EFES TIME AGAIN !

Offline Blue Lizard

• Kalkander!
  • My Thankyou Count: 185
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »
ditto everything else said ..looking at the pictures it certainly looks a new build .. looks like fresh concrete,check out the pool etc ..certainly not revamped ;)
People Of Britain.. When your missus asks "Does my bum look big in this? Never say "Dunno your blocking the light."... just sayin ????

ta ta for now
Lizard

Offline lilly

• EnjoyKalkan Regular
  • My Thankyou Count: 7
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:28:09 PM »
Hi, I think it could be the new build I saw beside the Samira hotel. Someone said they belonged to an uncle of the Yilmaz family.

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 06:03:44 PM »
Ahhhhhh,yes I remember a new red brick/breeze block building going up on the back lane,at the back of the Samira hotel last may.
It could be the "Truffles",It looks about the same size.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 07:16:50 PM by fidimax »

Offline Golfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their response to date. If anyone is out there before May, please add your comments before I take the plunge. If i had read all their site would have found their Blog and does suggest its New. If/when I do go I will let you know but if its as good as the presentation suggests could be a good find. Thanks again and please keep the info coming. Feels like a good forum site too.
Cheers
Golfie

Offline Lantana

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
  • My Thankyou Count: 40
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 07:17:30 AM »
Looked at them yesterday, still very much a building site. It is new build. If you are going to book, be sure to get a guarantee about alternative accommodation if they are not finished by the time you arrive. Very good location at the first roundabout as you enter the village. Everything on your doorstep.

Lantana

Offline Golfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 07:36:53 AM »
Thanks Lantana, good idea and all continues to sound really positive about Kalkan and the location of the accommodation. I will also keep an eye on their blog that should hopefully show me how they are progressing.

Thanks
Golfie

Looked at them yesterday, still very much a building site. It is new build. If you are going to book, be sure to get a guarantee about alternative accommodation if they are not finished by the time you arrive. Very good location at the first roundabout as you enter the village. Everything on your doorstep.

Lantana

Offline melomania

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 07:18:03 PM »
Hi

Having seen this thread of conversation about Truffle Residences, I thought I should clarify what it is.

It is a new build block of 5 apartments which I and my partner, Nigel, have bought.  It is being built for us by Aslan who owns the Yali, Asfiya, Oasis and Lykia Hotels.  The building will be complete at the beginning of February 2009.  Which then gives us a couple of months to get the 5 apartments furnished, to be ready for the season.

We have advertised the apartments on EK as well as having our own website (for those who might be interested I have written a blog of how this "madness" came about).  We will update with completed photos as soon as we can.

Having fallen in love with Kalkan like everyone else here on EK we decided to take the plunge on what is proving to be an exciting journey.  We hope we will offer something a bit different in what we think is a superb location, but as with anything it is horses for courses.

I would like to add that in our decision making process we often reverted to info, advice here on EK which is a fabulous site and forum.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that all of us who wish to rent our properties in Kalkan have a busy 2009! :)

Mel

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 11:04:46 AM »
If Aslan is your builder then the quality will be excellent. Good luck with your new project.
Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Brooksie.loves.Efes

Offline Golfie

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »
Thanks for that Mel, keep me informed of building progress on EK, then I can book on line before the rush, sounds perfect.

Golfie

Hi

Having seen this thread of conversation about Truffle Residences, I thought I should clarify what it is.

It is a new build block of 5 apartments which I and my partner, Nigel, have bought.  It is being built for us by Aslan who owns the Yali, Asfiya, Oasis and Lykia Hotels.  The building will be complete at the beginning of February 2009.  Which then gives us a couple of months to get the 5 apartments furnished, to be ready for the season.

We have advertised the apartments on EK as well as having our own website (for those who might be interested I have written a blog of how this "madness" came about).  We will update with completed photos as soon as we can.

Having fallen in love with Kalkan like everyone else here on EK we decided to take the plunge on what is proving to be an exciting journey.  We hope we will offer something a bit different in what we think is a superb location, but as with anything it is horses for courses.

I would like to add that in our decision making process we often reverted to info, advice here on EK which is a fabulous site and forum.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that all of us who wish to rent our properties in Kalkan have a busy 2009! :)

Offline Hilary

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 09:43:22 PM »
I have sent messages re booking but no response so far

tricia

Offline melomania

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 05:11:35 PM »
 Hi Tricia

I don''t appear to have received a message from you.  Where did you send the message?   

John has checked and confirmed that everything is working okay through the EK site.

You can send me a PM here or email me at info@truffleresidences.com and I will respond to your enquiry.

Thanks

Mel

Offline kevincat99

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
  • My Thankyou Count: 39
    • Share Post
  • Resident: Yes
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 06:23:09 PM »
Is it me being difficult again - but isn''t this thread just becoming one long advertisement for this place as we seem to have gone from a simple where is it question - to a long narrative by the owners etc on it''s virtues :(

Offline melomania

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2009, 07:36:34 PM »
I can''t comment on whether you are ''being difficult''!  I can say that I have very carefully made only 2 postings in reply to this thread, which in no way extols any virtues of our property.  I am very conscious that EK does not condone ''self promotion'', we will leave the advertising on the accommodation section of the EK site to do that for us.

Offline Brooksie

• EnjoyKalkan Fan
    • Share Post
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2009, 07:48:13 PM »
melomania
It seems to me that lots of people have been trying to find out where you are. That doesn''t strike me as you advertising for customers. ???

Offline fidimax

• EnjoyKalkan Lover
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2009, 08:33:21 PM »
Ditto.  ???

Offline Tizz

• EnjoyKalkan Member
  • My Thankyou Count: 1
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »
I don''t think there was a whiff of self publicity at all  ??? I was thinking of booking one of these apartments for our summer hols and found them to be very helpful and super speedy with replies to questions etc. Good luck is all I can say!

Offline Villa Pisces

• EnjoyKalkan Member
    • Share Post
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 08:41:13 AM »
Can somebody tell me what EK''s policy is regarding villa/apartment advertising as this topic has attracted a lot of interest "publicity".  Thank you

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

Sponsored Links

* Search Kalkan Forum

* Your Account Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsored Links

Official Turkish E-Visa Application

Official Turkish E-Visa

* Connect to Kalkan on Facebook & Twitter

Kalkan Weather

booked.net
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal